Page 67 of 328 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This is a TV movie and also there are a couple of episodes - looks good, interesting to see Rowan Atkinson doing something non-comedic:

I watched one episode of that on a plane, was very good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This is a TV movie and also there are a couple of episodes - looks good, interesting to see Rowan Atkinson doing something non-comedic:
    Thank you for posting that, I had not heard about it! I will definitely watch this, can't wait to see Rowan in a dramatic role.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    We haven't, yet. Still need to watch the second season of Daredevil...
    Well, what are you waiting for?

I'm almost done with the 1st season. Holy shit, dude, Daredevil is fantastic!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Better Call Saul is fantastic.
    Can't wait for Season 3 to appear on Netflix Canada!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Started watching The White Queen last night. It's a historical drama set in England during the War Of The Roses. Looks pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Started watching The White Queen last night. It's a historical drama set in England during the War Of The Roses. Looks pretty good so far.
    That ones pretty good as is its follow up The White Princess. Coming from Yorkshire I was of course cheering for the White Rose side.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

First episode of Altered Carbon was excellent.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Thank you for posting that, I had not heard about it! I will definitely watch this, can't wait to see Rowan in a dramatic role.
    Watched the first Maigret tonight, wife and I both enjoyed it and will definitely watch the others. In briefly researching it, I see Michael Gambon played the role in the 1990s... now I'm curious to see those as well! He's one of my favourite actors.

Finished Black Mirror season 4 as well tonight, enjoyed it as always.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    First episode of Altered Carbon was excellent.
    It's on my list.. I'll get to it after I finish "Dark", which is really turning into a dark and twisted little show...

Dark is on my list. I'm 3 episodes into Altered Carbon. It's pretty cool so far, but I'd prefer a little less naked dude.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Dark is a German show dubbed in English. You get used to it though. The story itself is a twisted tale of time travel. It's a very convoluted plot line and most characters have more flaws than qualities. The premise is very interesting and after 6 episodes, I still don't have a real clue what is truly happening, though I have my theories... It's like a mix of the Icelandic show Trapped, and a much darker version of Stranger Things. Only 1 season available but something tells me this will not wrap up in 10 episodes.

I also started watching the docudrama Wormwood. Only watched the first one so the jury is still out. It's about CIA experiments with LSD on civilians in the early 50s. One case in particular where a man "jumped or fell" out of a 10th storey window of a NYC hotel.

I am now a “Black Mirror” convert. Back when the first season came out I watched the very first episode and it did not really grab me. On Saturday this weekend we didn’t have anything going on and my wife mentioned the new season of “Black Mirror” on Netflix. Apparently she has watched the other 3 seasons (we work different shifts so don’t see much of each other during the week), so we pulled up season 4…………and ended up watching all 6 episodes! I thought they were all good to great. I will now be going back and watching the other 3 seasons when I get time.

I am now a “Black Mirror” convert. Back when the first season came out I watched the very first episode and it did not really grab me. On Saturday this weekend we didn’t have anything going on and my wife mentioned the new season of “Black Mirror” on Netflix. Apparently she has watched the other 3 seasons (we work different shifts so don’t see much of each other during the week), so we pulled up season 4…………and ended up watching all 6 episodes! I thought they were all good to great. I will now be going back and watching the other 3 seasons when I get time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That last episode was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Indeed... Not a dud in that last season though I would have made the episode where the mother could follow her daughter a little darker at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Iron Fist is pretty weak so I'd skip that one, the new Punisher seems good through 3 episodes.
    Still need to watch the second season of Daredevil and Iron Fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Daredevil season 2 is also very good, but Iron Fist is definitely the weakest of all the series IMO.
    You know, I really liked Iron Fist. I don't know why it got so-so reviews; maybe I went in with lowered expectations. I liked it as much – or more – than Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Daredevil Season 2.

And I think you would like it, too, Scott, knowing your feelings of the Jennifer Garner movie, Elektra. There's a large mystical element to the story like Elektra.

As for The Defenders, I wasn't bowled over by it. Maybe I expected too much.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Back when the first season came out I watched the very first episode and it did not really grab me.
    Worst episode of the series, by far.

Just finished Season 1 of "Line of Duty" ...a tremendous non-stop ride....you watch 5 episodes and it feels like 10 for how much happens.
    I guess best comparison would be somewhat like a British version of The Shield. Highly recommended, great show!

My daughter and I finally finished Stranger Things 2. We both enjoyed it. The newer characters brought something to the storyline and didn't detract, and the existing characters were further developed. Both Max (and her brother) and Eight seem to have backstories that should be expanded upon. I like how they're able to "wrap up" the story for each season while still setting up what's going to happen in the next. Haven't heard when Season 3 will debut, but we're looking forward to it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Both Max (and her brother) and Eight seem to have backstories that should be expanded upon.
    Eight? Are you referring to Eleven?

There is a character named Eight. She is older. She and Eleven were prisoners together. She now leads up a gang of vigilantes, exacting revenge on people who were involved in the project.

That whole storyline I didn't like. Felt it didn't really belong or just wasn't given a lot of directing love . Regardless, I loved season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    There is a character named Eight. She is older. She and Eleven were prisoners together. She now leads up a gang of vigilantes, exacting revenge on people who were involved in the project.

Ahhh, yes. Forgot about her. In the end, it's six of this and half a dozen of the other...

I thought her storyline ended up being just so much filler. I guess it could be argued that she helped Eleven grow up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Agree, that was a good one.