Page 66 of 328 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The trailer looks good. It's just the name is throwing me.
    Right. Terrible name that will probably hurt their success.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Right. Terrible name that will probably hurt their success.
    They explained it last night. Apparently alienist was the term at that time for a psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They explained it last night. Apparently alienist was the term at that time for a psychologist.
    I think it was explained during one of the trailers, as well. But, for someone who knows nothing about the show, it doesn't work.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think it was explained during one of the trailers, as well. But, for someone who knows nothing about the show, it doesn't work.
    I dunno... I don't think it's a bad name. It's supposed to be an adaptation from the Caleb Carr book, so I don't see a need to change its name to something else. *shrug*

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For Walking Dead fans, I posted a bit on the Walking Dead thread on th WOT forum. I’m trying to get caught up and am on season 7 episode 4.

Is that show still on?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Is that show still on?
    Somehow.

LOVING the new season of Peaky Blinders so far
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I heard an interview with Krysten Ritter recently who talked about her Netflix show Jessica Jones. I decided to check it out even tho I'm not really a fan of superhero movies & shows.

Man, big thumbs up on this one! Altho, I have to say, I felt it was a bit slow for the first 5 episodes. But the thing I liked most about it is that it's not mindless, action-packed superhero bs. It's a bit more thoughtful than that... tho not without a stupid moment or two.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Those Netflix Marvel shows are pretty good. Not really that "superhero-y" and very story-driven.

We've only watched Jessica Jones, Season 1 of Daredevil and Luke Cage, but they've all been great.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Iron Fist is pretty weak so I'd skip that one, the new Punisher seems good through 3 episodes.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Damn! You know how YouTube starts suggesting vids based on what you're viewed recently? I'm getting a ton of Justified clips. My, that Boyd Crowder was certainly a bundle of trouble.

Anyone watching The Alienist? Wow, they really capture the corruption and decadence of New York City in the late 1800s. Also, some terrific acting.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Not into Marvel anything....

Just started a German show dubbed into English called "Dark". Only 2 episodes in but so far it's not bad. I prefer subtitles to dubbing but the story doesn't require that the characters speak in their native tongues (unlike Narcos or El Chapo for example), so I can live with the dubbing.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Jessica Jones is the only Marvel tv show I've ever watched and I loved it.. Yeah, I saw Superman & Batman theatrical movies (tho' only 2 of each) but no other tv. Not much of a Marvel fan.

I should mention that I have a Krysten Ritter fixation ever since "Don't Trust The Bitch In Apt. 23", which is what got me to watch episode 1 of JJ.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Those Netflix Marvel shows are pretty good. Not really that "superhero-y" and very story-driven.

We've only watched Jessica Jones, Season 1 of Daredevil and Luke Cage, but they've all been great.
    I'm also intrigued by The Defenders. It's the crossover miniseries with all the original actors from Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Have you, or anyone else, seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I should mention that I have a Krysten Ritter fixation ever since "Don't Trust The Bitch In Apt. 23", which is what got me to watch episode 1 of JJ.
    Yeah, what is that? I feel the same about Zoe Lister-Jones, a woman I would never be ordinarily attracted to.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I'm also intrigued by The Defenders. It's the crossover miniseries with all the original actors from Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Have you, or anyone else, seen it?
    Yes, we've watched it, worked very well in an Avengers in fighting sort of way. I enjoyed it.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We haven't, yet. Still need to watch the second season of Daredevil and Iron Fist.

I'm currently on episode 5 of The Daredevil and I'm surprised at how much I like it. Easily as good as Jessica Jones.

From what I've read The Defenders takes place after the 2nd season of Daredevil and the 1st season of Iron Fist.

From what I've read The Defenders takes place after the 2nd season of Daredevil and the 1st season of Iron Fist.
    Yeah it does. Daredevil season 2 is also very good, but Iron Fist is definitely the weakest of all the series IMO. A lot of stuff in The Defenders makes more sense if you've seen Iron Fist, but it's sometimes a slog to get through that one. I hope Iron Fist season 2 is better (which it could be, given that it's going to have a different showrunner).

Is that show still on?
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Somehow.
    I'm well into season 7 of Walking Dead now. It seems like the show just went on too long, the writing is pretty crappy now. And I don't know why they're so intent on having such a long story arc, it gets much too repetetive, but when they have an episode that tells a somewhat isolated sidestory it seems like an interruption, especially if you're binge watching, which I am just to get it over with.

I actually watch very few tv shows, because I don't WANT to get hooked into watching a whole series. I don't like to spend that much time watching. My wife was watching some Welsh detective series and I watched an episode and got hooked, but was shocked to find the current mystery didn't end at the end of the episode! I wasn't going to watch more episodes.

Welsh detective series
    Was it Hinterlands? We watched the first couple seasons. Dark but very compelling.

Was it Hinterlands? We watched the first couple seasons. Dark but very compelling.
    Hinterland is excellent.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Hinterland is excellent.
    I've got the first season on DVD and it has the option to play it in English or in the original Welsh-version.
    Great series with beautiful sight-seeings. Not much to laugh, but I don't mind.

This is a TV movie and also there are a couple of episodes - looks good, interesting to see Rowan Atkinson doing something non-comedic:

Better Call Saul is fantastic.