Page 60 of 329 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Really enjoyed Mindhunter and I hope it returns for another season.... Really disappointed with Stranger Things which is becoming a laughable monster show. Got one episode left and I don't think I will be returning for season 3.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Started watching Season 2 of THE CROWN last night. Still as great as ever!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Started watching Season 2 of THE CROWN last night. Still as great as ever!
    Got that one queued up, along with the final season of Turn and the first 2 seasons of Fargo!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Really disappointed with Stranger Things which is becoming a laughable monster show.
    How so? I thought it was always a monster show.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    For me, I've had trouble putting my finger on it until recently. Last season was greater than the sum of it parts. This season wasn't.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I just signed up for a 45 day free trial of Hulu that I'll probably cancel, but I really want to see The Handmaid's Tale. For any familiar, is there enough other Hulu content to make keeping it worthwhile if I already have Netflix & most pay channels as well.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Personally I wouldn't bother
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Really enjoyed Mindhunter and I hope it returns for another season.... Really disappointed with Stranger Things which is becoming a laughable monster show. Got one episode left and I don't think I will be returning for season 3.
    I actually thought this season of "Stranger Things" was better than last time around, but I did not put the show on the pedestal many did in the first place. I think it is a good, but not great, show.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    https://www.change.org/p/reed-hastin...g-kevin-spacey
    A petition to keep House of Cards going by recasting the President Underwood character with Kevin James.
    My main problem with that is that he'd probably be too busy to film Blart vs. Predator.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I just signed up for a 45 day free trial of Hulu that I'll probably cancel, but I really want to see The Handmaid's Tale. For any familiar, is there enough other Hulu content to make keeping it worthwhile if I already have Netflix & most pay channels as well.
    Really too early for me to comment Geez, but I just got my shit together re streaming, and I haven't even worked out how to use all the apps, but it looks like there's a cornucopia of programming available via streaming. Most of the stuff you're paying for is available via the net. I watched a British feed of the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux fight Saturday night. There's so much available, who knows what one can find?

Me too. And one that is a ton of fun. Can't wait for season 3!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I liked that the monsters were alluded to but not really seen in the first season. I liked the storyline with the government secretly experimenting on young children. Once you insert CGI monsters left and right you start to lose me. Just not a fan. I have a really hard time completely suspending my disbelief which is why I tend to shy away from these types of shows. This one seemed different but it's the same formula at work...

One show I just started watching and I think looks promising is Manhunt: The Unabomber. Not sure if it's just an 8-part mini-series or if it will be drawn out into a multi-season affair. Just watched the first episode last night. This is more my style. It almost feels like a continuation of Mindhunter.

Although it's not a current series, the last 3 weeks have had me binging on Lost the complete 6 series are in the queue.
    Currently on episode 4 of season 4.
    Freakin amazing tv but I'm not getting much sleep. Ya know 'I'll watch just one more episode and go to bed':>(

DtB

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Me too. And one that is a ton of fun. Can't wait for season 3!
    Loved the way it developed the characters -- especially Steve -- and showed how the kids had actually grown in maturity a bit. Also fun how it paired people up in ways that allowed for character interactions that didn't happen in season 1. The last two episodes of season 2 were possibly the best of the whole series, IMO. The only real letdown for me was that Eleven's story kind of took a backseat, but the ending of the season was so emotionally satisfying that I could forgive it.

And I'd be remiss not to mention Paul Reiser's role as the new doctor at the government facility. He did such a good job with the character.

Loved the way it developed the characters -- especially Steve -- and showed how the kids had actually grown in maturity a bit. Also fun how it paired people up in ways that allowed for character interactions that didn't happen in season 1. The last two episodes of season 2 were possibly the best of the whole series, IMO. The only real letdown for me was that Eleven's story kind of took a backseat, but the ending of the season was so emotionally satisfying that I could forgive it.

And I'd be remiss not to mention Paul Reiser's role as the new doctor at the government facility. He did such a good job with the character.
    I agree with everything you said. Especially being letdown a bit...I felt the whole Eleven finding her sister in a gang thing and that storyline to be out of place. Definitely didn't work for me. But yeah those last couple episodes were fantastic
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Really too early for me to comment Geez, but I just got my shit together re streaming, and I haven't even worked out how to use all the apps, but it looks like there's a cornucopia of programming available via streaming. Most of the stuff you're paying for is available via the net. I watched a British feed of the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux fight Saturday night. There's so much available, who knows what one can find?
    I have a 20 something year old kid who works for me, who streams everything and never pays for anything (this includes music). He sees pretty much every popular / critically acclaimed shows that are out there. I don't know how he does it, and sometimes he has to wait a week after an episode airs, but one way or the other he is able to get to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Although it's not a current series, the last 3 weeks have had me binging on Lost the complete 6 series are in the queue.
    Currently on episode 4 of season 4.
    Freakin amazing tv but I'm not getting much sleep. Ya know 'I'll watch just one more episode and go to bed':>(

DtB
    Lost sometimes gets a bad rap by people who were not satisfied with the ending, but I still maintain it was one of the most amazing shows in the history of television. In fact, for me, it changed the way I watched TV. The final season may have been a slight let down, but overall it was still great IMO.

One show I just started watching and I think looks promising is Manhunt: The Unabomber. Not sure if it's just an 8-part mini-series or if it will be drawn out into a multi-season affair. Just watched the first episode last night. This is more my style. It almost feels like a continuation of Mindhunter.
    Anyone? Watched 2 more episodes last night and if it weren't so late I'd have probably sat through 2 more! Great stuff!

^ I think there was a bit of discussion when the series originally aired.

Anybody watching THE DEUCE on HBO? Done 8 episodes so far, very educating...
    Dave Sr.

Anyone? Watched 2 more episodes last night and if it weren't so late I'd have probably sat through 2 more! Great stuff!
    We're about 6 episodes in, still enjoying it.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Anybody watching THE DEUCE on HBO? Done 8 episodes so far, very educating...
    About 4 episode in, its very good but not my wifes kind of thing.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    About 4 episode in, its very good but not my wifes kind of thing.
    Nor mine Ian...love all those pimpmobiles!
    Dave Sr.

Somehow my wife got into it - I think she picked up on the commentary on the lack of empowerment for these women with Eileen and Abby trying to break free of that. The series is certainly top ten for me.

Pour one out for Thunderthighs
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I think there was a bit of discussion when the series originally aired.
    It just appeared on Netflix Canada this week... I figures it was brand new.