Page 56 of 329 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I think in my original post hyping SC Diet I did give a short plot synopsis, but I don't go back & read 10 pages of a thread either. I'm eagerly awaiting season 2!
    I think you did, too. And, yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the second season. You know, I think of all the new shows I've seen over the last few seasons, SC Diet might just be my favorite. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah they are great, but the neighbor kid with the crush on their daughter is hilarious. I laughed pretty much every time that kid opened his mouth Plays an awkward geek perfectly.
    Yeah, you're right. I had the same reaction to him. I forgot to mention him because I was in a rush.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Got around to finally seeing The Sinner with Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. This was a really good miniseries. My only problems with it was a somewhat stupid subplot involving a state investigator and a scene in episode six that I can only describe as the most fucked up thing I've ever seen on a TV show – and probably in any movie, too; a scene that was not only unbelievable but completely unnecessary.

For you fans of Night of the Living Dead, I ran across a repeat of a documentary on PBS about the making of it, called Birth of the Living Dead. Quite fascinating. And George Romero is pretty funny in it.

Anyone seen or is watching Kevin (Probably) Saves the World? This is a surprisingly good show with Jason Ritter as Kevin. It's a dramedy that actually works.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Halt and Catch Fire is great.

Having recently visited Albuquerque NM and doing the BREAKING BAD TOUR We decided to revisit this amazing series. After 4 episodes, we really are enjoying it more...looking forward to the next 4.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Having recently visited Albuquerque NM and doing the BREAKING BAD TOUR We decided to revisit this amazing series. After 4 episodes, we really are enjoying it more...looking forward to the next 4.
    Much preferred it the second time around..
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Much preferred it the second time around..
    Like good music...too much detail for one listen.
    Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Like good music...too much detail for one listen.
    Exactly! Or like reading a very good book.

I started watching a Netflix series called Mindhunters set in 70's about 2 FBI agents using the minds of serial killers to solve crimes. Anyone else watching this? I'm really liking it so far!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I started watching a Netflix series called Mindhunters set in 70's about 2 FBI agents using the minds of serial killers to solve crimes. Anyone else watching this? I'm really liking it so far!
    3 episodes in, its very good
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah Scott, I'm 4 in & really dig it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I finished Mindhunter sometime last week. Unfortunately, after the first handful of episodes, they move away, slightly, from interviewing serial killers and focus more on solving crimes, including a subplot involving a school principal. I found that less than satisfying but, overall, thought the show was mostly excellent.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I watched the first episode of Mindhunter - still not sure what I think but it's likely too early anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I watched the first episode of Mindhunter - still not sure what I think but it's likely too early anyway.
    That's as far as me & the wife got...
    Dave Sr.

Anyone watching "American Horror Story" this year? Curios as to what people think about it.

Stranger Things 2 starts today.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'll be binge watching that Sun-Tue.

Watched the first two episodes with my family last night, and can't wait to see where it goes. Trying to do a little at a time to make it last longer.

Cold weather, beer, fireplace, and Netflix binge watching. Finished season 2 of Slasher today. Not bad, but I thought it paled in comparison
    to the first season. Halfway through season 2 of Stranger Things now. Things are really starting to get interesting!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

No spoiler alerts for ST2 please.. I have a few things to finish off before getting to it...

Has anyone checked out the newest animated Netflix Original series "Big Mouth"? 3 episodes in and it's VERY funny!

Three episodes into Stranger Things 2 and it's pretty good so far. We also started the Netflix series "Wanted" which looks interesting after 2 episodes.
    <sig out of order>

I am developing a like for "The Good Place" on NBC.
    Being an OTA watcher I conform to the schedule.
    It is the closest I have seen to "Pushing Daisies" as a surreal mind/time killer
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    We also started the Netflix series "Wanted" which looks interesting after 2 episodes.
    Is that an Australian show?

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I am developing a like for "The Good Place" on NBC.
    I kinda like it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Is that an Australian show?
    Yes, but I think you'll be able to make out what they're saying just fine.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Yes, but I think you'll be able to make out what they're saying just fine.
    That's not why I asked, ya goof ball. You may be surprised to learn there are 4 different TV shows with the title "Wanted". Altho, one's from 1955 so I'm sure you're not referring to that one.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed by the second season of Stranger Things?