Page 49 of 328 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Started the new Netflix series Ozark tonight.

I'm hooked, its pretty great!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

Been curious about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Just started watching Ripper Street, very good.
    I watched the first season. I enjoyed it too, but so many new things have cropped up recently that I haven't gotten around to starting Season 2.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

On my list. Should get around to it in a few weeks.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ozark got off with a bang (several actually), and looks great. Another Netflix series I just started is Gypsy with Naomi Watts & Billy Crudup. She's a shrink who has a wild & crazy 2nd identity with undetected (so far) psych problems of her own when it comes to patient involvement.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Started Ozark last night and digging it. Gypsy, while I love Naomi, gets a big zzzZZzzZzzzZzzz from me. And I gave it 3 or 4 eps before throwing in the towel. Let me know if it improves Geeze.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Gypsy started out okay but my interest waned after 3 or 4 episodes. I watched the first three episodes of Ozark last night and so far it's not bad. I initially felt that Laura Linney and Jason Bateman made sort of an odd couple...I was thinking she was too old for him, lol. (In real life she's only 5 years old than him.)
    <sig out of order>

I just watched the first five episodes of the current season of Preacher yesterday. The show hasn't lost anything from the previous season and has actually improved due to a smaller recurring cast which tightens the story. I really like this show and I love Ruth Negga.

Also finished season 6 of Veep. My initial reaction after seeing the first episode a few weeks back was that they had upped the vulgarity factor which I think had a detrimental effect. Specifically, it's really only Rep. Furlong and his aide who provide the really vulgar comments which come across to me as the writers having a contest to see how crude they can get. Fortunately, they're not in every episode.

Other than that, Veep has proven itself to be as funny as it ever was... usually.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Started Ozark last night and digging it. Gypsy, while I love Naomi, gets a big zzzZZzzZzzzZzzz from me. And I gave it 3 or 4 eps before throwing in the towel. Let me know if it improves Geeze.
    I bailed after 4 episodes, PP . Concentratlng on Ozark presently (only have watched 2 so far).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Wasn't so crazy about how they ended Ozark...

My wife is most of the way through season 7 of Rizzoli & Isles...the hours and hours of agony are almost over!
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    My wife is most of the way through season 7 of Rizzoli & Isles...the hours and hours of agony are almost over!
    I actually enjoyed this. The presence of Angie Harmon didn't hurt, of course.

In a perfect world, you'd be able to remove Lorraine Bracco's character. Good God, she (the character) was maybe the most annoying I've ever endured.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My wife is insisting on watching Oz, which is annoying me. The only reason she likes it is the Beecher/Keller romance. I just find the show tedious. However it's still not as bad as another one of her favorites: Ghost Adventures.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Anyone gonna watch the premiere of Manhunt: Unabomber on Discovery tomorrow night? Preview looks good.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Two recent adds for me Jack Taylor, drunken Irish detective starring Iain Glenn of Game Of Thrones, and Bletchley Circle, 4 women code breakers bored with their post war lives in 50's Britain & looking to solve crimes the way they broke codes.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Anyone gonna watch the premiere of Manhunt: Unabomber on Discovery tomorrow night? Preview looks good.
    I'm DVRing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    ...still not as bad as another one of her favorites: Ghost Adventures.
    The GF and I land on this sometimes purely for the unintentional comedy. The only other that tops it is Mountain Monsters. Fucking hilarious!
    Last edited by Paulie; 08-01-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I actually enjoyed this. The presence of Angie Harmon didn't hurt, of course.

In a perfect world, you'd be able to remove Lorraine Bracco's character. Good God, she (the character) was maybe the most annoying I've ever endured.
    Initially I didn't mind her at all, but the longer she hung around the more annoying she seemed to become.
    <sig out of order>

Regarding The Leftovers...

You just have to enjoy the weirdness. I will say you gave up too early. It gets weirder.
    You were right. I gave up too early. After finishing Fargo and waiting for the new episode of Preacher, I decided to take another crack at The Leftovers. It finally got interesting. Am just about to start season 3.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I thought season three was just beautiful. Certain shows leave a mark. I felt the same way about Six Feet Under after its finale. Just beautiful. That's the only way I can describe it.

I thought season three was just beautiful. Certain shows leave a mark. I felt the same way about Six Feet Under after its finale. Just beautiful. That's the only way I can describe it.
    I still think that Six Feet Under's finale was the most incredibly creative I've ever seen, Newhart & Mash notwithstanding.

I still have that The Leftovers finale on DVR and I've watched it a few times already. So satisfying!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    It makes no sense, on so many levels, but I'm really getting into and digging Twin Peaks!

It really was an amazing written, acted and filmed final season. Carrie Coon must win an Emmy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I still think that Six Feet Under's finale was the most incredibly creative I've ever seen, Newhart & Mash notwithstanding.
    I think I have said this here before, but I agree that the “Six Feet Under” finale was one of the most perfect I have ever seen from a TV drama. They really hit it out of the park. The series itself bogged down a bit for me in places, especially the second to last season, but man that ending was pretty much perfect.

^^ Agreed. The best ending I've ever seen to a series, and actually part of the reason why it's my favourite show of all time. The final four episodes are spectacular. Just outstanding acting!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***