Page 43 of 329 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I don’t know if any of you are fans of comedian Norm Macdonald, but he has a new standup special on Netflix that I thought was very funny. I very rarely watch standup specials, but decided to take a chance on this one and it was worth it.

Just had the chance to watch last week's Fargo over the weekend. Anyone else notice that Billy Bob Thorntan did the voice over narration during the episode?

Also, The Leftovers was another great episode. I still have no clue where they are going to go with this.

I thought that I heard Sigourney Weaver last week with the narration of the cartoon sequence. Couldn't confirm her, although that was indeed Billy Bob!

I loved the use of Peter and The Wolf throughout the episode. Great series, once again! It's getting really good now.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    As I stated before, I'm trying to save some Fargo eps. I've got two in the queue. You guys are fucking with my will power.
    Last edited by Paulie; 05-15-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Leftovers was another great episode. I still have no clue where they are going to go with this.
    Holy shit. This show is absolutely insane. I hope Lindelof doesn't pork us like he and his associates did on L O S T. In some ways, I'm thinking this is close to what he was always striving for with that show but couldn't get it done with JJ and crew. Lots of parallels here. Cautiously optimistic for a satisfying wrap. Either way, like Lost, I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Holy shit. This show is absolutely insane. I hope Lindelof doesn't pork us like he and his associates did on L O S T. In some ways, I'm thinking this is close to what he was always striving for with that show but couldn't get it done with JJ and crew. Lots of parallels here. Cautiously optimistic for a satisfying wrap. Either way, like Lost, I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride so far.
    Yea…..I don’t know. I am also still cautiously optimistic, but we have been down this road before with LOST. I did not hate the way LOST ended as some people did (in fact I thought the very final scene was just about perfect), but I did not walk away satisfied either. The Leftovers…….I have no clue where they are going……..

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I thought that I heard Sigourney Weaver last week with the narration of the cartoon sequence. Couldn't confirm her, although that was indeed Billy Bob!
    Just curious……and I don’t think this is really spoiling anything…….do you all think there is any significance to the fact that the Gloria character can’t seem to be seen by motion detectors and cameras? They have showed this happen several times now. I keep wondering how they could turn it into some kind of “she’s not really there / sixth sense” type thing, but not coming up with much.

^^ Absolutely! I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Also, The Leftovers was another great episode. I still have no clue where they are going to go with this.
    I know there's been some positive feedback regarding The Leftovers but after the 3rd episode of season 2, I got bogged down. I guess I just don't find it compelling enough. Am I missing something?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Nope. You just have to enjoy the weirdness. I will say you gave up too early. It gets weirder.

Hopefully there's a purpose. 6 days for the Twin Peaks boot!!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just watched Charles III on pbs tonight, interesting from a British constitution basis and Charles is wonderfully bonkers. Worth a view if you like that kind of thing.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Hopefully there's a purpose. 6 days for the Twin Peaks boot!!!!
    Den and I are just binging through the original Twin Peaks (on Crave TV). Fuckin incredible...for both of us like watching it for the first time, it's been sooooo long. Gotta be one of the best shows ever!

I watched Twin Peaks for the first time about 3 years ago. While you can see it was a precursor to the type of TV shows currently being made, it also looked very dated and suffered from some very cheesy acting. It was fun but with the level of quality being made these days, I wonder if the reboot will really stand out.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Den and I are just binging through the original Twin Peaks (on Crave TV). Fuckin incredible...for both of us like watching it for the first time, it's been sooooo long. Gotta be one of the best shows ever!
    I can't count how many times I've re-watched those two seasons. I've gone through every special edition available and watched all the bonus materials. Shame how the plug was unceremoniously pulled with so many cliffhangers. Then to add insult to injury, Lynch opted to release a prequel film (Fire, Walk With Me) instead of a continuation while the cast was still around and relevant. I'm cautiously optimistic for this continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I watched Twin Peaks for the first time about 3 years ago. While you can see it was a precursor to the type of TV shows currently being made, it also looked very dated and suffered from some very cheesy acting. It was fun but with the level of quality being made these days, I wonder if the reboot will really stand out.
    They are pretty adamant that this is a continuation and not a re-boot.

I'm a gonna hafta rewatch/binge the original Twin Peaks in the next day or two. Might watch the Fire, Walk With Me first to psych myself up for this. Really looking forward to seeing how today's technology (hopefully) kicks the show up a notch or two.

Also looking forward to the next X-Files installment coming soon.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hmmmm...have never seen that movie.
    Gotta watch it after we finish these two seasons!

I'm thinking all of the cheese and over-acting are part of the plan. Like I said to Den yesterday...it's like watching a melodramatic black and white movie from the 30's/40s, except colourized! Like Bobby...nobody can act that bad, and still get chosen for a starring role. lol Gotta believe it's all intentional

With Lynch all f'ng bets are off as to intent.

I've forgotten enough that I'm DVRing all of the original 2 seasons and the new one as well and I'll start bingeing all the way back starting Saturday am when SHO starts running them.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    I'm thinking all of the cheese and over-acting are part of the plan. Like I said to Den yesterday...it's like watching a melodramatic black and white movie from the 30's/40s, except colourized! Like Bobby...nobody can act that bad, and still get chosen for a starring role. lol Gotta believe it's all intentional
    You took the words right outta my mouth.

But that song...that awful song ....

"Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I don't have Showtime but I want to keep Twin Peaks memories pure, with a vision of Audrey Horne swaying slow in that school girl skirt.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    With Lynch all f'ng bets are off as to intent.

I've forgotten enough that I'm DVRing all of the original 2 seasons and the new one as well and I'll start bingeing all the way back starting Saturday am when SHO starts running them.
    Save your dvr space! They're all available on NF.