Page 41 of 328 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    But see I don't have any expectations while watching this show...about zombies . So for me it works just fine and I'll stick with it as long as it lasts.
    I expect it to be entertaining, and to me, it no longer is... I'm not speaking about it needing to hit some lofty intellectual plateau ; just entertaining...and it falls flat. I have not watched since the middle of the current season so maybe things have changed, but there were entire episodes where literally nothing happened! Nothing! Compare that to the seasons when they lived in the prison and were fighting the Governor, and this show has fallen so low. Not compared to a Pulitzer prize winning story, but compared to itself... You can't tell me that you don't expect the show to be at least as entertaining now as it was in its first 4 seasons? I just don't have that much time to watch TV and this one has fallen below the threshold where I feel like I want to dedicate time watching it.

I think you enjoy bashing the bashers as much as we enjoy bashing!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I loved last episode with Kevin Garvey Sr. This show is so puzzling and interesting at the same time!
    I found it one of the most difficult to sit through for the first two-thirds or so, as he was never one of my favourite characters (and in comparison to the riveting Nora episode last week too), but it really got interesting in the last third of the episode, and I was quite enthralled by it. This show is just mind boggling... I love it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I think you enjoy bashing the bashers as much as we enjoy bashing!
    I don't enjoy it at all. Nitpicking just annoys the livin' shit out of me

And no of course it isn't as good as the first 4 seasons, but I still enjoy it for what it is...a zombie show. There's plenty of well-written stuff out there for me to watch when I want that sort of thing. And that sort of thing I love as well. Just not late night
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I don't enjoy it at all. Nitpicking just annoys the livin' shit out of me

And no of course it isn't as good as the first 4 seasons, but I still enjoy it for what it is...a zombie show. There's plenty of well-written stuff out there for me to watch when I want that sort of thing. And that sort of thing I love as well. Just not late night
    I hear ya and respect ya... I stuck with it until Neegan. I thought the show would take an upswing with him, but I just found him annoying. I may binge watch the second half of the previous season once it appears on Netlix, or I may not... My point is that it no longer IS a zombie show. The zombies are just gnats buzzing around the characters heads, that they swat away with little effort. That's why I'd like to see a character introduced that would make it about the zombies again. Maybe a mutation in the condition where they aren't so mindless, but organized.

I'm bored so...Here are shows I love that are still running:

Game of Thrones
    Better Call Saul
    Leftovers
    Stranger Things
    Peaky Blinders
    Bloodline
    The Walking Dead (bad writing and all! )

And for those low horror/comedy fans out there (HEY LOU!) you must watch the Starz series Ash vs. Evil Dead. So over the top and ridiculous. Perfect!

Some favorites that I have recently finished :

Justified
    Breaking Bad
    Black Sails
    The Fall

I'm bored so...Here are shows I love that are still running:

Game of Thrones
    Love it. Read the books too, and I know people hate when the book readers say this, but they are even better. But I thoroughly enjoy the show as well and can't wait til July!

Better Call Saul
    This is excellent. The only logical spinoff from Breaking Bad IMO. The writing and acting is excellent. It tends to move at a slow, drawn-out pace so does require patience, but I really like it. Except for Kim's constant cheerleader ponytail.

Leftovers
    Love this too. Bizarre and confusing while simultaneously engaging. I still miss the season one opening credit sequence though, I wish they hadn't messed that up so horribly with 2 and 3.

Stranger Things
    This was very good, I enjoyed the 80s aspect of it a lot and those kids were great. One must overlook Winona Ryder (as always) but I look forward to what comes next.

Peaky Blinders
    Only ever watched the first episode, and it was good but I was caught up in a million shows at the time and this one fell by the wayside.

Bloodline
    Absolutely outstanding writing and acting. One of the finest shows ever IMO, up there with Six Feet Under. The whole thing has such a looming, uneasy atmosphere, and I think Ben Mendelsohn is just an extraordinary actor.

The Walking Dead (bad writing and all! )
    Zero interest. Wouldn't give it the time of day.

Justified
    Heard of this, but don't know anything about it.

Breaking Bad
    Loved this. Possibly the only series of this length I've seen where it just got better and better. Powerhouse performances. Lightning in a bottle!

Black Sails
    Don't know this either, I'm assuming it's about pirates?

The Fall
    Just started this recently and have finished season one. Really like it, and will continue with it for sure.

You don't watch Fargo?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Current viewing

Game Of Thrones
    American Gods
    Taboo
    Elementary
    Jessica Jones
    Lukas Cage
    Daredevil
    The Fall
    Paranoid
    River
    The White Queen
    Foyles War
    Midsomer Murder
    Marco Polo
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Justified is about a US Marshall who guns down a drug lord in public and is exiled back to his native East Kentucky, to combat the local scum and Dixie Mafia. Violent as anything on TV but the writing, dialog (holding true to the Elmore Leonard story the series is bases on), and acting are stellar. The plot lines are pretty unpredictable and there are just tons of great characters who crop up again and again. You know things are always going to go wrong but it's rarely the way you think it will.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Big fan of Justified
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

"Genius" starring Geoffrey Rush as Einstein is fantastic.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Some favorites that I have recently finished :

Justified
    The Fall
    For a couple of years, Justified was one of the 2 or 3 best shows on TV (along with The Good Wife and Southland).

I have The Fall in the on deck circle, but haven't started watching it, yet. Am still working my way through The Leftovers, altho shortly into season 2 and I've started losing interest. The same happened with The Americans and Humans. Ever since I cut the chord, I've lost a lot of interest in watching TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The plot lines are pretty unpredictable and there are just tons of great characters who crop up again and again.
    Yep, and is Boyd Crowder the best villain in TV history, or what?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Boyds is superb, I've ended up rooting for him like few others.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Boyds is superb, I've ended up rooting for him like few others.
    Yep, he was a scoundrel but the saga of him and Ava had you pulling for them. The exchanges between Boyd and Raylan were great, two smart asses that could never quite get the better of each other.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yep, he was a scoundrel but the saga of him and Ava had you pulling for them. The exchanges between Boyd and Raylan were great, two smart asses that could never quite get the better of each other.
    Totally agree. This show was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You don't watch Fargo?
    I should shouldn't I? All my friends keep telling me I'd love it. That and Shameless. I will get to it eventually, but there's too much to watch.

I DVR'd American Gods and am going to try that one out.

Absolutely outstanding writing and acting. One of the finest shows ever IMO, up there with Six Feet Under. The whole thing has such a looming, uneasy atmosphere, and I think Ben Mendelsohn is just an extraordinary actor.
    Yet it's set in such a sunny, happy place! So good.

Don't know this either, I'm assuming it's about pirates?
    Aye! It was a Starz series. I thought it was fun. Good, likeable characters and visually pleasing. Cool trip back to those days "arrrrgh!"

I should shouldn't I? All my friends keep telling me I'd love it.
    To be honest, you should drop all plans for whatever other shows are on your horizon and make Fargo your instant priority. Seriously!

Just watched the first two episodes of this season of Fargo then. So yah, it's pretty darn good, you betcha. You got yer blood, yer stoic female cop, your misfit couple in over their darn fool heads, and your basic Coen character who is the manifestation of chaotic evil. Oh, and the parking lot king of Minnesota, don't ya know.

Seriously, once again I have no idea where this thing is going but I do know I'm in good hands.

The book disappointed me. It came with so much hype (as did Neil Gaiman) and the premise seemed great but it was barely a notch above King. I'd still be curious about the show though.

I thought the book was great, I'm enjoying the show so far.
    Ian

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    You got yer blood, yer stoic female cop, your misfit couple in over their darn fool heads, and your basic Coen character who is the manifestation of chaotic evil.
    And the female cop is the nicest and smartest person in the story, plus there's a dumbass character who gets in over his head with a crime he hires somebody to do against a family member, with fatal results.
    Oh, and the story involves a postage stamp.

Black Sails
    I was at school with one of the actors who appeared in 8 or 9 episodes in seasons 1 and 2.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I thought the book was great, I'm enjoying the show so far.
    I watched the first episode last night. It has a video game feel that I don't like, but it was fairly interesting. I'll give it a couple more tries, but not optimistic.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm trying like hell to gain a small surplus of Fargo episodes to binge as it is just too fkn painful watching only one show at a time. Before you know it, the screen goes black and credits start rolling, leaving me with an emptiness and jonesing for more. It's a feeling reminiscent of my brief love/hate relationship with cocaine back in the 80s.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I should shouldn't I? All my friends keep telling me I'd love it. That and Shameless. I will get to it eventually, but there's too much to watch.

You'll love Shameless Scott. Den and I were hooked big time. Can't recommend it highly enough....comedy, drama, and unforgettable characters. And if the show wasn't great enough, lead character Fiona played by the luscious Emmy Rossum, loves to fuck, and you don't go two episodes without seeing her do it. The story lines are totally unbelievable, but it's very easy to suspend belief because the stories are bizarre, the characters are so good, and the humour is awesome. Enjoy buddy