Page 31 of 328 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Since I haven't started yet, I figure it's a toss-up whether I live long enough to binge 5 past Homeland seasons to get up to speed.

I just may try, with all this admiration masturbation goin' on.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm a huge Homeland addict. Every season is great edge of your seat shit. Excited for season 6 to premiere this Sunday.

I told you you'd like The Fall Lino!! Now check out Top of the Lake.
    Is that with the X Files chick?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

First two season 3 episodes of Black Mirror were terrific!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    The Fall is with the X Files chick (Gillian Anderson). Top of the Lake is with the Mad Men chick (Elisabeth Moss).
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Since I haven't started yet, I figure it's a toss-up whether I live long enough to binge 5 past Homeland seasons to get up to speed.

I just may try, with all this admiration masturbation goin' on.
    Well Geez, if you're not planning on kicking the bucket within the next week or so, you would def live long enough because you'd jam through all seasons like a crack whore hitting the rock...between random uncovered blowjobs that is.

With my new policy of not watching fake drama, war, murder, rape, robbery, crime scene shows, cruelty and just plain old depressing stuff invented for "entertainment" purposes, I think I would like to go back to watching The Simpson's earlier seasons or perhaps some Bevis and Butthead. I'll bet I can get earlier seasons of my favorite show "Tanked" for cheap. Awesome show.

Hey! If I want to see depressing stuff, I just turn on the news.

I have finished watching "Moonshiners". I love that show. A lot of it was filmed around the area of my grandparent's old tobacco farm in south-central Virginia. I know they are not making real moonshine when filming, they are just making hot water. But there is plenty o' 'shine around there.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I'm down to one fave US television series: Grimm, and it looks like they are planning to kill it off. The season just started (in January, WTF?) and they are referring to it as "The Final Chapter." No word on how many episodes until they pull the plug. Could be next week, could be next month.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

With my new policy of not watching fake drama, war, murder, rape,

I'm that way with the detective/crime shows. I prefer some the shows dealing with the real deal. One of my fave currently is on the ID Channel called Homicide Hunter with Joe Kenda. He was a detective up in Colorado Springs, CO. Makes me wonder about that as a place to live, but I guess they drop like flies in any large metro area.

Grimm is going to have thirteen episodes with the idea of wrapping up all the plot threads
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Just finished (finally) Stranger Things, with my daughter. It lived up to the hype. We really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second season. I hope they continue to capture the same vibe and feel.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

And now you have a hankering for Eggos, right?

I really hope they nail the second season and don't slump. They released a photo online of the kids at the first reading for season two. It was posted...upside down.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It was posted...upside down.
    Nice!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

At the Golden Globes intro, they had the ST kids (Eleven had feminine hair & looked lovely) as part of the intro yelling "Barb is still alive!" followed by, of course Barb waving to the crowd.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I'm down to one fave US television series: Grimm, and it looks like they are planning to kill it off. The season just started (in January, WTF?) and they are referring to it as "The Final Chapter." No word on how many episodes until they pull the plug. Could be next week, could be next month.
    Yep. I'm bummed; it's the only series I've been watching since "Once Upon a Time" jumped the proverbial shark.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm a huge Homeland addict. Every season is great edge of your seat shit. Excited for season 6 to premiere this Sunday.

I told you you'd like The Fall Lino!! Now check out Top of the Lake.
    Thanks for the recs, my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    But did Denise then insist she should get a "sweet night" with a young cop?
    hahahahaha... any desire she has for that would only be topped by my hankering for some sweet cougar-cop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    hahahahaha... any desire she has for that would only be topped by my hankering for some sweet cougar-cop ass.
    Gillian Anderson has only gotten hotter with age...at least for me.

Can't argue that bro!

Well, the premiere of Homeland pretty much sucked. Hope it gets better. On a side note, the creators were CERTAINLY banking on a Hillary win as last night's ep took place a week before the inauguration of our "Madame President Elect." They must've been like, "There's not a chance in hell he'll get in." Shame they didn't have a crystal ball tho. A season with a grossly incompetent, habitually Tweeting man-child being being sworn in might have been far more interesting.

One of my all time favorite shows, "24", will have a new edition(sans Jack Bauer) next month. Looking forward to that. Fox also recently did a 10 episode update of "The Exorcist" which was really good. I don't think it will make it to season 2, though.

Also a big fan of American Horror Story, although this last season was the weakest by far. Finally, I watch a lot of Family Guy.

Don't know why, but I just never got into Family Guy. I loved Seth M's cowboy movie, so go figure.

My daughter married Seth's 2nd cousin, and is a McFarlane now. Seth sent a generous gift when they married in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yes! [The Christmas episode] was awesome. I thought Waldo the cartoon dog episode was kinda lame.
    Yeah the Christmas episode and episode 2 of season 2 ("White Bear", about the woman being chased) were both stellar. I sorta had the Christmas episode figured out a little over halfway thru, but the final conclusion was a nice twist I hadn't anticipated. And I agree about the Waldo episode. And the one about the Prime Minister in season 1 was even worse, imo. The rest were all good but nothing really stood out for me. But given the excellent production & acting, etc, I'm in for season 3.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Re-watching some The Sopranos, still a good show.

The NBC series Timeless is worth watching for the incredible (for tv rather than a motion picture budget) period sets and costumes alone. I personally like it a lot for both premise and acting reasons as well.