Page 247 of 330 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    On the History Channel after Alone they show another program I enjoy watching, Kings of Pain where two guys get bitten by various bugs, lizards, snakes, etc. [/video]
    How about getting bitten by hormonal parrots? That, I could relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Finally got caught up on Better Call Saul this evening. Wow, 6 great episodes of what is clearly one of the best shows on TV right now. I think we are in for a wild ride with the last 6 in July.
    Agree. This show moves up to top tier status with Breaking Bad, The Wire and a handful of others.

We are experiencing an awesome few months of TV right now - Hacks, Barry, The Boyz to name a few on right now!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    On the History Channel after Alone they show another program I enjoy watching, Kings of Pain where two guys get bitten by various bugs, lizards, snakes, etc. It's something I wouldn't do in a million years, but an interesting watch.
    There are few venomous lizards. One is the Gila ("hee-luh") Monster, native to here in the Sonoran Desert. Many people have been arrested for capturing Gila Monsters, and keeping or selling them as pets.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Agree. This show moves up to top tier status with Breaking Bad, The Wire and a handful of others.

We are experiencing an awesome few months of TV right now - Hacks, Barry, The Boyz to name a few on right now!
    I am DVR'ing the latest season of "Barry" but have not watched any of it yet. "The Boyz" is next on our list once we finish the final few episodes of 'Ozark". Hacks is another one I want to check out. Just too much great stuff on TV right now.

I am DVR'ing the latest season of "Barry" but have not watched any of it yet. "The Boyz" is next on our list once we finish the final few episodes of 'Ozark". Hacks is another one I want to check out. Just too much great stuff on TV right now.
    I don't watch The Boyz, but I can highly recommend Hacks. Absolutely outstanding writing and acting.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

PAPER GIRLS

This Brian K Vaughan story is being adapted as a live action series by Amazon Prime, and the Series premiere is on July 29th.

I worry it may get promoted and pigeon-holed as a Stranger Things ripoff, when in fact it predates ST and actually is a lot different than it is similar to Stranger Things. But so be it. Hopefully it will find more success than Y: The Last Man did, sadly.

https://ew.com/tv/first-look-paper-girls-prime-video/

Brian K Vaughan also has "The Great Machine" coming, which is a feature film in the works that is an adaptation to his story "Ex Machina," and is expected to star Oscar Isaac. Ironically, it is completely unrelated to the A24 film "Ex Machina" which Oscar Isaac was also in.
    Last edited by mnprogger; 06-13-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    There are few venomous lizards. One is the Gila ("hee-luh") Monster, native to here in the Sonoran Desert. Many people have been arrested for capturing Gila Monsters, and keeping or selling them as pets.
    This show shows how stupid America has become. The Marching Morons are here.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post

Brian K Vaughan also has "The Great Machine" coming, which is a feature film in the works that is an adaptation to his story "Ex Machina," and is expected to star Oscar Isaac. Ironically, it is completely unrelated to the A24 film "Ex Machina" which Oscar Isaac was also in.
    Not confusing at all.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

For you fans of Letterkenny, the new show Shorsey dropped May 27. I discovered it totally by accident.

2˝ minutes into the first episode and I was cracking up. Unfortunately, there are only six episodes. So that's a bummer.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Just finished The Staircase last night. Not sure it was worth all the time invested.
    <sig out of order>

Finally finished “Ozark” last night. No spoilers, but it ended the way I thought it might. The whole car accident thing was a red hearing that in the end was a total manipulation of the viewer which I thought was kind of lazy writing. The show really really wanted to be “Breaking Bad” level, but having just watched the latest “Better Call Saul” episodes, “Ozark” was not even close. Still, I did enjoy the series for the most part. The two main leads were great in their roles and Julia Garner created what may be an all-time great TV character and became a star. The writing on the show was good, but not great. As a person who worked in the pharmaceutical industry, the whole last season storyline of a pharma company buying raw product from a drug dealer was ridiculous, but I guess it made for good tv. In they end I liked “Ozark” a lot, but didn’t love it. The way they left things they could certainly do more episodes someday if they ever decide to revisit the show.

Yeah, someone needed to die in that car accident. It was almost disappointing that they all got up and walked away.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Watched the latest season of Peaky Blinders. Superb. No spoilers.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Yeah, someone needed to die in that car accident. It was almost disappointing that they all got up and walked away.
    Or at least be injured or something. The whole thing was just an audience manipulation and had absolutely no bearing in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I believe I have read that this was the final season? Could be wrong on that.

3 episodes into the new season of The Boys. This show is probably not for everyone, but I think it is one of the best things on TV right now.

Or at least be injured or something. The whole thing was just an audience manipulation and had absolutely no bearing in the story.
    I saw it as creating a way to make what happened in certain family relationships more believable....or maybe that's what you mean by manipulation.
    <sig out of order>

3 episodes into the new season of The Boys. This show is probably not for everyone, but I think it is one of the best things on TV right now.
    Totally agree. I love the show, my wife can't seem to get into it.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Love this show Started the new season a couple nights ago.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Love this show Started the new season a couple nights ago.
    Me too...I'm from Birmingham so I have a head start.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I saw it as creating a way to make what happened in certain family relationships more believable....or maybe that's what you mean by manipulation.
    I am not sure that is how I saw it. I mean, if the scene had been left out of the show it would have made absolutely no difference on anything to me. It was just a red hearing thrown in for people to speculate on how the series would end that eventually served no purpose.

I am not sure that is how I saw it. I mean, if the scene had been left out of the show it would have made absolutely no difference on anything to me. It was just a red hearing thrown in for people to speculate on how the series would end that eventually served no purpose.
    I think you may be right that it would have worked just as well without it, but the writers may not have seen it that way. Isn't there some sort of companion documentary thing on the final season? Maybe they talk about the reasoning in that.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I think you may be right that it would have worked just as well without it, but the writers may not have seen it that way. Isn't there some sort of companion documentary thing on the final season? Maybe they talk about the reasoning in that.
    No, they do not address it. And I agree with Steve's view, here. But, at the end of the day, we really enjoyed the show, and that's all that matters.

We also just finished Bosch: Legacy and were happy to see it carry on as just a continuation from the original show. Bosch is a PI now, which should open up some different storylines. And I like how they're handling his daughter's story. Another thumbs-up from us.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, they do not address it. And I agree with Steve's view, here. But, at the end of the day, we really enjoyed the show, and that's all that matters.
    True!
    <sig out of order>

I believe I have read that this was the final season? Could be wrong on that.
    I looked it up and answered my own question. This was the final season, but they are planning a movie.