Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    2. WTF Wendy?? I didn't get into her character arc the final episodes
    It felt very sudden to me. It had been more gradual throughout the series until these last few episodes IMO. Overall it was a reasonably satisfying finale, but it wasn't a 'wow'. They did well, but didn't knock it out of the park as I had hoped.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

My beloved Kids In The Hall are back and their show is exactly the same as it was! Like no time has passed (apart from them looking older). Laugh out loud funny.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My beloved Kids In The Hall are back and their show is exactly the same as it was! Like no time has passed (apart from them looking older). Laugh out loud funny.
    Yeah, it's great. It really feels like they're just picked up where they left off, rather than phoning in some halfass reboot. We get some old favorites (Buddy, Paul Bellini) but they're covering new ground.

We watched the second episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and it certainly has the vibe of the original series but with a more modern sensibility (no miniskirts).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yeah, it's great. It really feels like they're just picked up where they left off, rather than phoning in some halfass reboot. We get some old favorites (Buddy, Paul Bellini) but they're covering new ground.

We watched the second episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and it certainly has the vibe of the original series but with a more modern sensibility (no miniskirts).
    No miniskirts ?!? Oh Nooooo.

So the second season of HBO's Hacks has surfaced with 2 episodes already out. I made this pleasant discovery the other day. The second season still has the crackle of the first, very watchable. Contary to the concept of a second season continuing at the same level of quality as its first is The Flight Attendant. More of the same in #2 , nothing fresh so far. I think they lost me. #1 was fun.