Page 233 of 328 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Anyone seen The Widow on Amazon Prime? It's doesn't blow me away but it's still enjoyable.
    Kristen Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Things I love about Ted Lasso:

1) The whole "fish out of water" thing - I've always been a sucker for it;
    2) The interplay between Jason Sudeikis and Brendan Hunt is telepathic, quick, and still seems totally natural;
    3) The insight into British culture in general and football culture specifically;
    4) Brett Goldstein's Roy Kent is one of the funniest characters I've seen;
    5) The warmth and heart of the show is palpable, but not saccharine.

I can't put it any better than that.
    You put it quite well, actually.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Kristen Bell?
    Kate Beckinsale. I will have to check this out.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I love Kate Beckinsale but man, she's been in some stinkers. Those Underworld movies...how can you put Kate Beckinsale in a leather catsuit and make it boring?!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Kate Beckinsale. I will have to check this out.
    Dan'l, I think it's worth checking out. Much better acting/character compared to Underworld. It's not amazing but I think it's solid.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Not sure if it belongs here or has already been mentioned elsewhere (my forum search was fruitless) but did anyone else catch Geddy Lee's cameo on CBCs Murdoch Mysteries this week?

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    Not sure if it belongs here or has already been mentioned elsewhere (my forum search was fruitless) but did anyone else catch Geddy Lee's cameo on CBCs Murdoch Mysteries this week?
    Yes, I recorded my first and last episode. It was a bit hokey, with all his dialogue being Rush puns, and he was in it for all of two minutes tops. Fun to see, but that's one of those shows that makes me wonder who on earth watches it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Dan'l, I think it's worth checking out. Much better acting/character compared to Underworld. It's not amazing but I think it's solid.
    Thanks. Watched the first ep last night and was duly impressed.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Started watching the BBC series Vigil about a murder on a nuclear submarine. Great players (Endeavour Morse with a beard!).

Am I the only asshole still watching The Walking Dead? My God it's terrible, but I have to finish it out. I just have to. Help me.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I've never watched the show, but I know what you are talking about, Scott. I'll keep buying albums by bands that have jumped the shark, because I keep thinking I'm too far invested now and maybe the next when will be the winner.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Am I the only asshole still watching The Walking Dead? My God it's terrible, but I have to finish it out. I just have to. Help me.
    I would be doing the same but I let my AMC subscription lapse. I'll probably get around to it eventually. Gotta finish it at some point....I've come too far.
    <sig out of order>

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Another asshole checking in. I'm in the same boat. I have only seen one ep from the final season's last half. I imagine it's like being on Naked and Afraid, it's excruciating, but I'm not quitting until day 21.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Asshole #3 here. I am an episode behind right not, buy yea it is going to be a difficult task to make it to the end. I originally started watching the show due to my wife, and was never totally in love with it, but the writing has just gotten lazier and lazier over the years as the show goes out with a whimper instead of a bang. Of course there are still going to be movies and my wife read somewhere that Negan and another character (maybe Maggie?) are going to get their own offshoot show as well.

BTW I finally gave up on "Fear The Walking Dead". We never even started this final season, which I think is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Asshole #3 here.
    Pretty sure you're #4. I mean, I didn't come right out and admit I was also an asshole, but I figured y'all knew it by now.
    <sig out of order>

what a bunch of assholes.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I never watched The Walking Dead. But I am often called an asshole. I knew thhey were wrong!

We've been loving Our Flag Means Death, a funny show about pirates. Fans of Norsemen might enjoy it, same kind of humour.

Almost finished Station Eleven, might start Yellowjackets soon.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    We've been loving Our Flag Means Death, a funny show about pirates. Fans of Norsemen might enjoy it, same kind of humour.
    I watched the first episode a couple days ago. Hilarious.
    <sig out of order>

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Pretty sure you're #4. I mean, I didn't come right out and admit I was also an asshole, but I figured y'all knew it by now.
    I wouldn't say you're an asshole.

At least, not to your face.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    I never watched The Walking Dead. But I am often called an asshole. I knew thhey were wrong!
    Seasons 1 and 2 are stellar TV and worth watching. Seasons 3 and on were a slow and steady decline.

Yellowjackets is a great show. It's hard to put a label on it as the mish-mash of genres - Real Housewives-esque in one scene, supernatural thriller in another, mystery throughout, coming of age 50% of the time, and madness keeping it all together.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I watched Our Flag Means Death specifically because of Taika Waititi, whom I'd never heard of before seeing his film JoJo Rabbit, which I thought was unconventional and brilliant. This series strikes me similarly. The idiosyncratic cast is a bonus as well, including the actor who played Hodor in Game of Thrones. Not many TV offerings make me LOL. This does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I wouldn't say you're an asshole.

At least, not to your face.
    I don't think either one of us really believes that.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I don't think either one of us really believes that.
    Absolutely not.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe