Page 232 of 328 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Hoorah! One of my sitcom favorites. Bill Hader is a genius.
    Looks like I was mistaken. Season 3 appears to start April 24

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Good to know. Although its been so long since I've watched season 2 I will definitely need a refresher.

Also, according to wikipedia, a fourth season has been written.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Does anyone follows FROM? It has kind of stupid story line but then again the show engages you enough to wonder what happens next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man... I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Good to know. Although its been so long since I've watched season 2 I will definitely need a refresher.

Also, according to wikipedia, a fourth season has been written.
    Good point. I am in the same boat.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I think the 3rd season of HBO's Barry starts tonight. I really like this one. Funny and violent. What a great combo. Its well done , well written.
    Great show. I knew it was starting up soon, but did not know it was tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry if you have covered this recently, but we have been trying to catch up on the MCU shows on Disney+ and we are almost to Hawkeye. Here's my 2 cents...

WandaVision: There is a suspension of disbelief that surrounds most MCU works, but I found WandaVision to be delightfully outside the box, beautifully designed, and fun to watch. Just trying to figure out what historic TV culture they were going to reference was its own enjoyment. That's the case even though the payoff isn't phenomenal, but the journey was fun. I'd give it a B+.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Very disappointed. My wife is a big Cap and Bucky fan, but this was a difficult watch. There's nothing fun about being preached at for 5 hours about America's history. Political statements will always be part of dramatic cinema and TV, but this has all the subtlety of a 500lb weight landing on your foot. And while that would be enough for me to grade it negatively, once you take the heavy handed messaging out, there isn't much left. I often found the action sequences confusing and the overall premise a bit too difficult to believe. But really beyond that, the character development was severely lacking. I could sum up the entirety of Bucky's character arc in one sentence. I give it a "D" for disappointing.

Loki: This was pretty fun, also quite creative, if not a bit disjointed. I felt like they added a lot of dimension to Loki's character along the way. Like WandaVision, the payoff wasn't great, but it was engaging to watch the journey unfold. I don't think he can carry enough himself though. I'd give it a B-

What If?: I love the premise of an anthology because it allows you to really go anywhere with your stories. And because it's animated, there's a lot that you can do that live action/CGI would make difficult. Each story is 30ish minutes and standalone and basically says "What if this thing happened/didn't happen?". For example, there's one that explores the MCU if Stark hadn't become Iron Man. Some are better than others, but it's pretty fresh overall. I'd give it a B.

Hawkeye is next (then I can switch over to Boba Fett ).

So for those who have watched, what are your thoughts on the Disney+ Marvel programs?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Signs of a Psychopath on ID

Archived footage of mostly serial killers, but some murderers and attempted murderers thrown in, and criminal psychologists give professional commentary on the behavior, comments and evidence. Very disturbing.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Signs of a Psychopath on ID

Archived footage of mostly serial killers, but some murderers and attempted murderers thrown in, and criminal psychologists give professional commentary on the behavior, comments and evidence. Very disturbing.
    Not all psychopaths are serial killers. Some become corporate executives.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Sorry if you have covered this recently, but we have been trying to catch up on the MCU shows on Disney+ and we are almost to Hawkeye. Here's my 2 cents...

WandaVision: There is a suspension of disbelief that surrounds most MCU works, but I found WandaVision to be delightfully outside the box, beautifully designed, and fun to watch. Just trying to figure out what historic TV culture they were going to reference was its own enjoyment. That's the case even though the payoff isn't phenomenal, but the journey was fun. I'd give it a B+.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Very disappointed. My wife is a big Cap and Bucky fan, but this was a difficult watch. There's nothing fun about being preached at for 5 hours about America's history. Political statements will always be part of dramatic cinema and TV, but this has all the subtlety of a 500lb weight landing on your foot. And while that would be enough for me to grade it negatively, once you take the heavy handed messaging out, there isn't much left. I often found the action sequences confusing and the overall premise a bit too difficult to believe. But really beyond that, the character development was severely lacking. I could sum up the entirety of Bucky's character arc in one sentence. I give it a "D" for disappointing.

Loki: This was pretty fun, also quite creative, if not a bit disjointed. I felt like they added a lot of dimension to Loki's character along the way. Like WandaVision, the payoff wasn't great, but it was engaging to watch the journey unfold. I don't think he can carry enough himself though. I'd give it a B-

What If?: I love the premise of an anthology because it allows you to really go anywhere with your stories. And because it's animated, there's a lot that you can do that live action/CGI would make difficult. Each story is 30ish minutes and standalone and basically says "What if this thing happened/didn't happen?". For example, there's one that explores the MCU if Stark hadn't become Iron Man. Some are better than others, but it's pretty fresh overall. I'd give it a B.

Hawkeye is next (then I can switch over to Boba Fett ).

So for those who have watched, what are your thoughts on the Disney+ Marvel programs?
    For the most part, I like what Marvel is doing with these series even though the quality varies widely. I didn't watch What If? I should give that a try.

WandaVision: This was clearly the best of the bunch. They went weird and never let up. The final fight was kind of too much like your typical Marvel CGI final fight, but everything leading up to that was stellar. The supporting cast was tremendous, especially Katheryn Hahn and Paul Bettany. Wanda, of course, did not pay for what she had done to the folks trapped in that town so hopefully there will be a reckoning with that down the road (or the next Dr Strange movie). The takes on different decades of family sitcoms was brilliant and very, very well done. Elizabeth Olsen does some heavy lifting in nailing a few of these perfectly. And there's all these little touches. That theme song for "Agatha All Along" shows how deep Disney's talent bench is for cranking out a memorable ditties. The exploration of dealing with grief and loss was pretty great for a comic book series. That one line of Bettany's sticks with me: What is grief, if not love persevering?

Falcon & The Winter Soldier: I was disappointed as well. It wasn't fun, it wasn't subtle, Bucky should have been much more interesting, and for fuck's sake Falcon, take the fucking serum. You can't go toe-to-toe with anyone in the Marvel Universe without it. Even Loki would wipe the floor with you.

Loki: Very intriguing but man, it wandered all over the place. Casting again was brilliant, especially Owen Wilson, Sophie Di Martino, and the sublime Richard E. Grant. I think Hiddleston is fully capable of carrying a series but the disjointed nature of the show didn't allow it. I loved the Norse drinking song bit. The plot of this and Wanda was to set in motion the multi-universe theme we're just starting to see for the Marvel movies, but I still want to see where Loki goes on this journey and will he be resurrected into the proper universe. And then, when is he going to meet up with that brother of his because damn, those two riffed off each other so well in Ragnarok.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    So true and not in a LOL manner. One must be a psychopath to earn billions. You must step on all other people to get what you want, which is money, power and status RE: The Gilded Age on HBO, great example even if half of it is fictional. Those guys were ruthless.

Rune, thanks for the tip, I'll check out a few episodes at least. There's one in this manner you may or may not have seen that's fascinating, Crazy Not Insane. I believe it's a HBO Doc and it's about the lady who is the leading proponent of DID(multiple personalities) and she didn't realize that Bundy was DID until thirty years later or so when she wen't back through his tapes and writings.

Gah, the innermost workings of a killers mind is so awful, disgusting and outright terrifying. I once had a guy I was an acquaintance of who, while on acid, attempted to choke me. The acid part could explain it but I kinda knew he was a violent person. Sometimes you can tell and this was one. A guy who fought because he wanted to not because he had to to defend himself.

Believe me, I've been lied to very well by others but this guy just had that vibe and when he choked me, I was scared, LSD or not. I don't think the acid was his reason. Luckily there were others there who stopped it but that feeling, looking into someone's eyes and you just sort of don't see a human there, that's scary.

WOW, I hadn't thought about that incident in years. This was like 1988 or so? A lifetime ago.

Ok, so back to tv shows, damn that was dark.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    not all psychopaths do become serial killers-that is true. I suspect myself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So true and not in a LOL manner. One must be a psychopath to earn billions. You must step on all other people to get what you want, which is money, power and status RE: The Gilded Age on HBO, great example even if half of it is fictional. Those guys were ruthless.

Rune, thanks for the tip, I'll check out a few episodes at least. There's one in this manner you may or may not have seen that's fascinating, Crazy Not Insane. I believe it's a HBO Doc and it's about the lady who is the leading proponent of DID(multiple personalities) and she didn't realize that Bundy was DID until thirty years later or so when she wen't back through his tapes and writings.

Gah, the innermost workings of a killers mind is so awful, disgusting and outright terrifying. I once had a guy I was an acquaintance of who, while on acid, attempted to choke me. The acid part could explain it but I kinda knew he was a violent person. Sometimes you can tell and this was one. A guy who fought because he wanted to not because he had to to defend himself.

Believe me, I've been lied to very well by others but this guy just had that vibe and when he choked me, I was scared, LSD or not. I don't think the acid was his reason. Luckily there were others there who stopped it but that feeling, looking into someone's eyes and you just sort of don't see a human there, that's scary.

WOW, I hadn't thought about that incident in years. This was like 1988 or so? A lifetime ago.

Ok, so back to tv shows, damn that was dark.
    I like this show as much as Forensic Files, Forensic Files 2, Homicide Hunter and Deadly Women.

I never had such an experience with a man and hope never to-yikes!
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 04-10-2022 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    There's one in this manner you may or may not have seen that's fascinating, Crazy Not Insane. I believe it's a HBO Doc and it's about the lady who is the leading proponent of DID(multiple personalities) and she didn't realize that Bundy was DID until thirty years later or so when she wen't back through his tapes and writings.
    I saw that and found it pretty interesting. Unfortunately, that psychiatrist isn't without controversy.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Kims Convienance is a 5 season offering on netflix. Technically a Canadian show but offered on US platform. I found the 1/2 hours episodes addicting. Like the charactors and found it a fun watch.
    Finished first season of the Scifi Altered Carbon. Excellent scifi. Halfway into seacn 2 , not as voracious a streamer on 2 as 1. Still very good but 1 was way better IMO. BTW season 1 could be a stand alone.

Finished first season of the Scifi Altered Carbon. Excellent scifi. Halfway into season 2 , not as voracious a streamer on 2 as 1. Still very good but 1 was way better IMO. BTW season 1 could be a stand alone.
    That was pretty much how Ian and I felt, too. Not to speak for Ian but I agreed with his assessment.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Bad Vegan. Holy shit, I passed this by many times solely due to the title. Glad my wife insisted. What a shit-show. This woman infuriated me to no end. Great docu-series tho, and we gobbled it up.

8 out of 10 immortal pit bulls.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Bad Vegan. Holy shit, I passed this by many times solely due to the title. Glad my wife insisted. What a shit-show. This woman infuriated me to no end. Great docu-series tho, and we gobbled it up.

8 out of 10 immortal pit bulls.
    Isn't that the highest ever immortal pit bulls rating??

I've been stuck on The Last Kingdom on Netflix for the last several weeks. It's not stellar, but it is addictive. Think partially derivative, GoT and Star Wars, includes many of the tropes of medieval action pieces, and get's a bit repetitive, but the characters are fun and either Lotheable/Loveable and the cinematography, battle and actions scenes are done super well. The grand narrative of the show, Christian v. Heathen v. Bloodthirsty is presented fair and thought provoking manner.

7 out of 10 severed heads

Just started watching Interrogation (2020). Lots of flash backs, told from different perspectives.

I finished my binge of Ted Lasso, season 1. OMG, this show is so freaking good. It's like a warm, cozy blanket made of f-bombs. Also, I believe I have a crush on Old Rebecca...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Does anyone follows FROM? It has kind of stupid story line but then again the show engages you enough to wonder what happens next.
    I'm watching it. I enjoy it though I do agree the story line is a bit stupid and has been done over and over. I can think of Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes that are reminiscent. My wife says it's somewhat like Lost, which I did not watch. Like you, I continue to watch to see what's next.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I finished my binge of Ted Lasso, season 1. OMG, this show is so freaking good. It's like a warm, cozy blanket made of f-bombs. Also, I believe I have a crush on Old Rebecca...
    I'm starting to develop a complex since I couldn't get past episode 1? Is something wrong with me? Before you answer that, please limit your responses to my potential issues related to an inability to enjoy Ted Lasso.

Things I love about Ted Lasso:

1) The whole "fish out of water" thing - I've always been a sucker for it;
    2) The interplay between Jason Sudeikis and Brendan Hunt is telepathic, quick, and still seems totally natural;
    3) The insight into British culture in general and football culture specifically;
    4) Brett Goldstein's Roy Kent is one of the funniest characters I've seen;
    5) The warmth and heart of the show is palpable, but not saccharine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It's like a warm, cozy blanket made of f-bombs.
    I can't put it any better than that.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Anyone seen The Widow on Amazon Prime? It's doesn't blow me away but it's still enjoyable.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Anyone seen The Widow on Amazon Prime? It's doesn't blow me away but it's still enjoyable.
    For some demented reason I completely missed the "away" after "blow me" in your post.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    For some demented reason I completely missed the "away" after "blow me" in your post.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)