Page 212 of 328 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just an amazing season. Even though they are all rich pricks, you feel sorry for all of them in their own ways. Acting, writing, production, cast, it does not get much better.
    Agreed 100%. Kendall, slumped on the ground, confessing to his siblings what he had done, and Roman's attempt at explaining it away was just amazing. And Roman finally feeling the sting of his father's utter lack of love for him was something to behold as well. The other siblings had all come to their own realizations long ago. All of them desperately struggle for some kind of normalcy and happiness, but are never able to enjoy their wealth. They are forever caught in an endless loop of hopelessness, living their lives the only way they know how, but the monster they learned from won't allow anything good to come to them. They're never rewarded for anything, not even loyalty. And sadly their mother can't be turned to in times of need, as she is just as loveless as Logan is.

Connor, ever the pathetic sibling, having to actually say out loud that he's the eldest child, as it's so easily forgotten in his constant cloud of worthlessness. And setting himself up for yet another failure in his life... imagine having your marriage proposal accepted with the line 'How bad can it be?'

And Tom going over Shiv's head to secure a spot for him and Greg in the 'new' corporation after the four Roys are excluded. Just wow. What an episode.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

And Tom going over Shiv's head to secure a spot for him and Greg in the 'new' corporation after the four Roys are excluded. Just wow.
    It was all set up so beautifully. Shiv has been an utter callous shit to Tom since the "open marriage" notion before their ceremony. So I guess the donuts at the siblings conference happened because Tom told Logan what was going on. Tom tells Kendall that Logan always wins. Shiv does the "I don't love you" roleplay shit. And now the real payback. Shiv was just plummeting to earth at the realization that her mother fucked her over and then she sees Logan slap Tom on the shoulder. Her whole pathetic world has been blown apart. Sarah Snook pretty much nailed her Emmy nomination, as did Jeremy Strong for the breakdown in the alley.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It was all set up so beautifully.
    Indeed. And Tom's foreshadowing with the game of Monopoly at the beginning was perfect. 'Oh, a get out of jail free card. Oh, another one!'... while the siblings cheat to try and win.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^ Is this show modeled after a real individual?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Is this show modeled after a real individual?
    A lot of people think there are similarities to Rupert Murdoch (and family). But the show is its own story.

Yeah, the story is original but Armstrong says he's using four or five obscenely rich families as templates.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Last night's episode of Dexter was the best one yet! Really enjoyable.
    I still have to see it, together with Yellowjackets.
    Looking forward to both.

I got stuck on watching Formula 1 final race last night. That was some crazy stuff going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was an amazing day for TV!

First F1 at Abu Dhabi, Wow - but that's for another thread.

Succession Bellissima. What a work of art this season finale is. If Emmy voters don't recognize this show then I will, well I don't know what I'll do, but they will be confirming that they are all stupid-heads. I won't rehash the great comments ya'll posted but will call out that in this episode the score was used masterfully. At times foreboding, suspenseful, tense, morose, and even glee, all connected to the main (Family) theme by a razors edge. Genuis.

Dexter Someone earlier called out this as the best episode yet, and it certainly was. All the hallmarks of Dexter round 1 - multiple suspense led storylines accelerating at once, all centered around Dexter, who moves from on to the other with an eerie calm, serial killer calm. A few fantastic scenes, Kurt's basement with Molly and the timely entrance by Dexter, the wrestling mat, the beside confession, man the list goes on, but I am so happy the show is hitting it's stride.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    The Succession season finale was an homage to The Godfather on several levels without it overtly being an homage to The Godfather...if that makes any sense. Just a joy to watch unfold.

And yes, Dexter is back.

Yellowjackets continues to hold my interest.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    And yes, Dexter is back.
    Watched episode 5 last night and got those old Dexter goosebumps back Finally lookin' forward to another episode.

Anybody watch Hanna over on Prime? 1st season was great, 2nd was pretty good too. Caught the 1st ep of latest season a few nights ago and it looks to be more of the same intensity
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Anybody watch Hanna over on Prime? 1st season was great, 2nd was pretty good too. Caught the 1st ep of latest season a few nights ago and it looks to be more of the same intensity
    Really enjoyed the first two seasons, and didn't know the third had dropped - thanks for the heads-up!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah just started watching the third season of Hanna, seems as bonkers as usual, love it. Second season of Witcher starts in a couple of days.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I've watched all the available episodes of Wheel of Time and I'm liking it. They've removed the slow pace that plagued the books, sexed it up a wee bit (though not Game of Thrones level), and like the books, when there's action it's bloody good. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it must be resonating for many because their ratings are high. Also - Rosamund Pike. Mercy.

I've watched all the available episodes of Wheel of Time and I'm liking it. They've removed the slow pace that plagued the books, sexed it up a wee bit (though not Game of Thrones level), and like the books, when there's action it's bloody good. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it must be resonating for many because their ratings are high. Also - Rosamund Pike. Mercy.
    I still have very mixed feelings about it, despite having read it so long ago and forgetting a lot of the story. My expectations weren't high and it's entertaining enough.

Looking forward to the return of The Witcher.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Watched episode 5 last night and got those old Dexter goosebumps back Finally lookin' forward to another episode.

I'm on board with Hanna but have yet to start the new season. Shows are getting stacked up here in the Marvin household!

Paulie - Great Godfather insight into Succession. I'm still reeling from the finale and might have to go back and rewatch, more than once.

Note - anyone else get the feeling that Greg's "Contessa" is a con artist, ala Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Finished Narcos Mexico Season 3 this afternoon. Really enjoyed it as I have every season. If this is indeed the end, it would really be too bad as there is still so much story to tell. El Chapo of course, is the most well-known, but El Mayo is still running the cartel to this day and has never spent a single day in jail. I hope they eventually do more, but for now I thought both Narcos seasons were outstanding.

I re-watched the Succession finale and was just as gripped by it as the first time. I'm now thinking it's in the top 3 TV episodes I've ever watched. The direction is just outstanding!

anyone else get the feeling that Greg's "Contessa" is a con artist, ala Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
    I hadn't thought of that, but of course. That would be the perfect trap for Greg to fall into. Oh, and Comfrey was way hotter.

I hadn't thought of that, but of course. That would be the perfect trap for Greg to fall into. Oh, and Comfrey was way hotter.
    I hadn't either, but in re-watching (my third now, which is rare for me) I could totally see it. And I agree about Comfrey who I find oddly attractive (my wife scoffs, which makes me think I'm onto something).

There are scenes in this episode so beautifully framed and shot, all I can do is marvel at them and use descriptors that come across as hyperbole.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Started watching Landscapers on HBO with Olivia Colman and David Thewlis in a true life drama based on an English couple who buried her parents in the back garden. Superb acting.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

You guys know that Comfrey is a tea, right? Who names their kid Comfrey?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You guys know that Comfrey is a tea, right? Who names their kid Comfrey?
    Earl Grey?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Started watching Landscapers on HBO with Olivia Colman and David Thewlis in a true life drama based on an English couple who buried her parents in the back garden. Superb acting.
    I will watch just about anything with Olivia Colman. Hell, I could watch her watch paint dry. She is an amazing actress.

Edit: it's a 4 part miniseries. Ep 3 airs the 20th and Ep 4 airs the 27th. I think I'll wait until the 27th to start it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Been curious about that one.

Being a landscaper I find this show highly misrepresentative.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak