Page 210 of 330 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I know I'm a broken record with this, but once again Succession proves why it's the best written and best acted drama on television right now.
    Yup, another great episode tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, another great episode tonight.
    Kendall is such a fascinatingly flawed character. Completely unloved his whole life by the people who should have shown him love, and consumed by the desire to replace that with the things that ultimately don't bring him any joy. That closing scene was heartbreaking. And him rooting through the mountain of gifts, looking for the homemade one from his kids. Powerful scenes, I love the way they are shot.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Kendall is such a fascinatingly flawed character. Completely unloved his whole life by the people who should have shown him love, and consumed by the desire to replace that with the things that ultimately don't bring him any joy. That closing scene was heartbreaking. And him rooting through the mountain of gifts, looking for the homemade one from his kids. Powerful scenes, I love the way they are shot.
    Yeah, it was a gut punch. Kendall's delusional megalomania is on full display but also his small epiphany that nothing mattered except the gift from his kids - especially after the skirmishes with his siblings. Shiv is in a pretty dark place but Roman is the one who is really going to crash in spectacular fashion. He may "the one who Dad fucks" but Logan is going to really stab him in the back when it counts because that is what Logan does. Two episodes left and it is going to get even uglier. And spellbinding. And don't even get me started on Tom, and Greg (and Comfry).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The final scene was really amazing. You actually feel sorry for a guy who has everything, but at the same time has nothing. He is a total douche bag, and deep inside he knows he is. What incredible acting by the whole cast.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Despite all his flaws, I find Kendall the most likeable character in the show.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Despite all his flaws, I find Kendall the most likeable character in the show.
    I'm going with Con for President! Actually your post started me thinking about each of the sibs and they are all so sad in their own way. Even Tom fits in with them that way. Greg on the other hand hasn't really progressed since his day in management training when he barfed in the character suit, still just rambling around, not making any choices, wondering what's going on, and then wham - date with hot Comfry.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

^^ Yeah, I'm not sure what Greg's character arc is supposed to be, but if there even is one, it's long and slow! But he's hilarious, I absolutely love the scenes he's in.

Tom's line to Kendall two episodes was a killer too: 'I think you're going to get fucked. Because I've seen you get fucked a lot, and I've never seen Logan get fucked even once.'

What a shame there are only two left this season, nine episodes is not enough!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Tom's line to Kendall two episodes was a killer too: 'I think you're going to get fucked. Because I've seen you get fucked a lot, and I've never seen Logan get fucked even once.'
    That is the most insightful thing anyone on this show has said. Logan fucks everyone and always, always get free of it. Except maybe his wife. But the kids have been so abused and manipulated, so damaged by the ridiculous privilege they've enjoyed all their lives, and so hungry for just a morsel from Logan that they get the knife between the ribs again and again, yet come back for more. You know, when Logan thanked Tom in this last episode for being willing to take the bullet I hope that Tom has the awareness to know that Logan's thanks only go so far. A man who fucks over his kids routinely is not going to hesitate throwing a son-in-law over the side.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Well since there are new episodes....Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia :3
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Succession last night... wow.

Kendall: I want out.

Logan: Maybe I want you close.

The scene with Shiv and her mom too... and the brutal thing she said to Tom. And of course, that masterful final scene. I really can't wait a week!

Succession last night... wow.

Kendall: I want out.

Logan: Maybe I want you close.

The scene with Shiv and her mom too... and the brutal thing she said to Tom. And of course, that masterful final scene. I really can't wait a week!
    The scene with Shiv and Tom about their relationship was masterful. Tom obviously loves her, but her feelings are well, let's say complicated. Agree the scene with her mother was also amazing. Culkin's character was both hilarious and disturbing through the whole show and of course the whole Kendal / Logan scenes were amazing. Every poor clueless Connor had some great scenes in this one.

Just incredible writing. Best show on TV right now.

And GODDAMN, Logan is not only a sociopath, he's a sadist as well. The food-tasting scene was horrifying. The entire episode was just nonstop WTF. And remember, dick pics are NEVER a great way to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    And GODDAMN, Logan is not only a sociopath, he's a sadist as well. The food-tasting scene was horrifying. The entire episode was just nonstop WTF. And remember, dick pics are NEVER a great way to celebrate.
    Roman's sheepish face while he waited for Logan to see the accidental mis-texting was priceless. And how dare Logan call Gerri 'a million years old'?!

Logan's misogynic tendencies on full display, especially considering the age difference between him and his assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The scene with Shiv and Tom about their relationship was masterful. Tom obviously loves her, but her feelings are well, let's say complicated. Agree the scene with her mother was also amazing. Culkin's character was both hilarious and disturbing through the whole show and of course the whole Kendal / Logan scenes were amazing. Every poor clueless Connor had some great scenes in this one.

Just incredible writing. Best show on TV right now.
    The two person acting was on high alert, but for me the best scene was the last. The cinematography and framing of Kendall floating in the pool, moving to the underwater shot, the bubbles, masterful.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    The two person acting was on high alert, but for me the best scene was the last. The cinematography and framing of Kendall floating in the pool, moving to the underwater shot, the bubbles, masterful.
    Agree, the final scene was also amazing.

The episode - like many of them this season - was so packed with jaw-droppers that the smaller moments can be quickly forgotten. I got a good chuckle out of Logan standing outside of the meeting he was recused from. 'Is he going to watch?'

The other observation I had was that the team sent to get B roll film must have had a blast driving all those black Mercedes around NYC, Italy, Switzerland, etc. So much Mercedes that they must be a sponsor -

Succession, brought to you by Mercedes, the car you'll never need to drive yourself. And the lovely folks at Dick, you know who we are, but we'll send pictures anyway.

The other observation I had was that the team sent to get B roll film must have had a blast driving all those black Mercedes around NYC, Italy, Switzerland, etc. So much Mercedes that they must be a sponsor -

Succession, brought to you by Mercedes, the car you'll never need to drive yourself. And the lovely folks at Dick, you know who we are, but we'll send pictures anyway.
    This may have nothing to do with anything, but back quite a few years ago I had to go on a business trip to Switzerland. We had a group of people and wanted a full American sized vehicle. Almost all of the cars in Switzerland are small, and the only way you could rent a full-sized car was to rent a Mercedes. The car that we rented was a black full-sized Mercedes that stuck out like a sore thumb driving around. Find parking places that would fit the car was also a challenge as the parking spots were all really small.

Does anyone watch new Dexter and Yellowjackets on Showtime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post

I have been recording Dexter but have not watched it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post

I've just watched eps 1-4 and glad to report the show has improved greatly from the first episode. Getting back to true Dexter form.

I've just watched eps 1-4 and glad to report the show has improved greatly from the first episode. Getting back to true Dexter form.
    Good to hear. We are still watching The Wire (almost end of season 3), but will probably watch Dexter next.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    While I'm in for nostalgia sake, Dexter is not firing on all cylinders for me. IMO, the writing (show running?) is pretty laughable. I do like Deb back as his alter ego, though.

We are enjoying Yellowjackets and wondering where this is all going!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    While I'm in for nostalgia sake, Dexter is not firing on all cylinders for me. IMO, the writing (show running?) is pretty laughable. I do like Deb back as his alter ego, though.

We are enjoying Yellowjackets and wondering where this is all going!
    I think you're right, but the Dexter voice-over monologues and scenes with Deb are worth the 50 minute investment. Plus I am a huge Clancy Brown fan from way back in the Bad Boys days, not the Will Smith version, the original.

My new email signature - Eric "Fuck Nuggets" Marvin