Page 208 of 328 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

at the level of desperation in Kendall and his inability to stay a course
    My guess is Kendall is still self-medicating - he's been pretty manic all season
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

the new Star Trek: Prodigy series is a really cool trek show aimed at a younger audience
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Did anyone watch Dopesick? I just finished last night and would love to hear other's thoughts.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Did anyone watch Dopesick? I just finished last night and would love to hear other's thoughts.
    It is on my list, but have not had the chance to see it yet.

Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night. Damn! I'm gonna like this...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night. Damn! I'm gonna like this...
    One word to describe that show.... gnarly.

Dude, you're going to love this show.

I have two more episodes to watch.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Once again, Succession smacks it out of the park. Tense, gripping episode. Brilliantly written, directed, and acted.
    At this point, probably second only to The Sopranos as the best series television I've ever seen. HBO is the king of great TV, from Larry Sanders to The Wire to Six Feet Under to Curb to Boardwalk Empire to Game Of Thrones, nobody even comes close. Hell, I even liked Vinyl.

I really dug it and they left it open for a sequel. It has been so popular that I am sure there will be one. Yes, it was not perfect, but very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    At this point, probably second only to The Sopranos as the best series television I've ever seen. HBO is the king of great TV, from Larry Sanders to The Wire to Six Feet Under to Curb to Boardwalk Empire to Game Of Thrones, nobody even comes close. Hell, I even liked Vinyl.
    We are re-watching The Wire right now as my wife never saw it. I also liked Vinyl and hoped it had been renewed. Bobby Carnavalle (sp?) is an amazing actor.

Yeah, Vinyl was good. I had hoped there would at least be a second season.

I didn't stick with Boardwalk Empire after the first season, although I thought it was well done and I liked the cast. No rhyme or reason to these things really. Sometimes when you binge on a certain style of show for a while (in that case period drama), you start to see a formula, even in the best series. The time wasn't right for me, perhaps. It would be like watching another prison series after I binged the entire run of Oz.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I really dug it and they left it open for a sequel. It has been so popular that I am sure there will be one. Yes, it was not perfect, but very entertaining.
    The writer/creator has confirmed that there will be a Season 2.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm halfway through the final season of Boardwalk Empire and am digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Add Carnivale to the list. Side note - I just picked up the Jeff Beal soundtrack to season 1, killer avant-garde trumpet led jazz.

I also finished it.

Ending seemed rushed. I have some knowledge of the history of the opiate epidemic as I work in insurance claims, and I think the timeline and history is pretty accurate. I don't know how accurate the portrayal of the Sackler family members, or other personalities, was.....but if they're halfway accurate, the Gov't. needs to seek prison time for some of these White Collar criminals.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I also finished it.

Ending seemed rushed. I have some knowledge of the history of the opiate epidemic as I work in insurance claims, and I think the timeline and history is pretty accurate. I don't know how accurate the portrayal of the Sackler family members, or other personalities, was.....but if they're halfway accurate, the Gov't. needs to seek prison time for some of these White Collar criminals.
    I thought the exact same about the ending. Up to that point the series was well paced and handled the movement back and forth through time well. But it all fell apart in the last episode where it was if they ran out of time and had to shove a bunch into 60 minutes. In other words, the telling of the consequences (revenge) aspect didn't adequately satisfy the build-up of hatred for the bad people.

^ We agree, 100%.

And I just saw today, in the news, something about the Sackler's getting some sort of "immunity"--pissed me off.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, Vinyl was good. I had hoped there would at least be a second season.

I didn't stick with Boardwalk Empire after the first season, although I thought it was well done and I liked the cast. No rhyme or reason to these things really. Sometimes when you binge on a certain style of show for a while (in that case period drama), you start to see a formula, even in the best series. The time wasn't right for me, perhaps. It would be like watching another prison series after I binged the entire run of Oz.
    I loved Boardwalk Empire. It probably ranks up close to my HBO favorites. I liked Oz, but didn't love it. But, considering it was kind of the original HBO show of it's kind it was groundbreaking at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The writer/creator has confirmed that there will be a Season 2.
    Cool!

Add Carnivale to the list. Side note - I just picked up the Jeff Beal soundtrack to season 1, killer avant-garde trumpet led jazz.
    I need to check that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Dude, you're going to love this show.

I have two more episodes to watch.
    4 down and yes I am lovin it!

Absolutely loved this show. I was so disappointed when I found out it was cancelled. If only there was one more season to wrap it up right...

My wife and I loved Carnivale. It was such a shame it was canceled. No closure there... We always point out the actors now when we see them in other things: 'There's the guy from Carnivale'... as though that's the big reference point of their careers. The only one we don't do it for is the guy who played 'The Wiz' on Seinfeld. He's always The Wiz.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar

The preacher is in the new Dexter season.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Never got very far into Curb Your Enthusiasm because my wife wasn't on board a few years ago when I started watching some early episodes. Just in the last couple of weeks I got her hooked and now we're binging our way through. Currently somewhere in season 3.
    <sig out of order>