Page 205 of 328 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Two episodes into Succession and I'm already a bit weary of the storyline. Season's 1 and 2 had multiple storylines going at once, bouncing back and forth between them, keeping the viewer interested. So far this season just the one and only two settings. I'm hoping it kicks up the next episode.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Two episodes into Succession and I'm already a bit weary of the storyline. Season's 1 and 2 had multiple storylines going at once, bouncing back and forth between them, keeping the viewer interested. So far this season just the one and only two settings. I'm hoping it kicks up the next episode.
    Wow, I have had the complete opposite reaction. So far I think the show is knocking it out of the park. One of the best written and acted shows on TV right now IMO. I have liked each season better than the last so far. Season 1 I liked, but I had problems with some of it. Season 2 I thought was a lot better, and so far I am loving season 3. I don't mind the single storyline angle myself.

My wife and I started watching HBO's "The Wire" last night. I have seen it before and think it is one of the best series of all time, but my wife has never seen it, so it will be fun watching what happens with her.

Caught last weekend’s Saturday Night Live on DVR last night with host Jason Sudeikis. I think it was one of their best shows of the last 10 years. Sudeikis was in every skit and brought back several of his characters from when he was a regular. I got at least a chuckle or two out of every skit, and weekend update was consistent as usual. I even liked the musical guest Brandi Carlyle, who is an artist I need to explore further. I only have one of her albums, but think it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My wife and I started watching HBO's "The Wire" last night. I have seen it before and think it is one of the best series of all time, but my wife has never seen it, so it will be fun watching what happens with her.
    I've never seen it, and really want to start doing this sometime.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I second the praise for the Wire. I still think it's the best TV show made.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've watched The Wire 3 times and I'm about ready to watch it again. Probably the best US show ever for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Wire was so damn good. Easily in my top 10 which off the top of my head includes Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, Justified, The Leftovers, Peaky Blinders, Deadwood and Dexter (up until the last couple seasons)
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Caught last weekend’s Saturday Night Live on DVR last night with host Jason Sudeikis. I think it was one of their best shows of the last 10 years. Sudeikis was in every skit and brought back several of his characters from when he was a regular. I got at least a chuckle or two out of every skit, and weekend update was consistent as usual. I even liked the musical guest Brandi Carlyle, who is an artist I need to explore further. I only have one of her albums, but think it is great.
    With their new batch of writers, pretty much the entire new season has been good. Even the episode hosted by Kim Kardashian was much funnier than I would've expected an episode hosted by Kim Kardashian to be.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I've watched The Wire 3 times and I'm about ready to watch it again. Probably the best US show ever for me.
    My wife has not met Omar yet. Can't wait for that!

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    With their new batch of writers, pretty much the entire new season has been good. Even the episode hosted by Kim Kardashian was much funnier than I would've expected an episode hosted by Kim Kardashian to be.
    I agree. I was not aware that the show had new writers, but something has definitely changed and every show this year has been pretty solid. Agree the Kardashian show was much better than expected. The next host is Kierin Caulkin from "Succession". That should be an interesting one. People who have written SNL off should really give it another shot this year as they have upped their game.

Wow, I have had the complete opposite reaction. So far I think the show is knocking it out of the park. One of the best written and acted shows on TV right now IMO. I have liked each season better than the last so far. Season 1 I liked, but I had problems with some of it. Season 2 I thought was a lot better, and so far I am loving season 3. I don't mind the single storyline angle myself.
    My issue was that I felt there was little progressions from Ep 1 to Ep 2. I did like that the writers didn't fill Ep 1 with a bunch of exposition to "catch up" new viewers, they just jumped in the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I've never seen it, and really want to start doing this sometime.
    I thought The Wire was a prerequisite for this group.

^ I haven't seen it either, but the high praise here will lead me to check it out.

I thought The Wire was a prerequisite for this group.
    I feel like a total failure.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I feel like a total failure.
    I expect you back in 3 months wondering how the hell you never got round to watching it before
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I tried to get my wife to make The Wire one of "our shows" years ago but she wasn't interested. She likes "true crime" stuff but has zero interest in this type of thing. I'll have to watch it in my spare time. But I'm still working my way through Bosch. Just finished season two. Damn, even better than season one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

For those of you with Hulu, check out Zomboat, a six part miniseries. The synopsis: "Sisters Kat and Jo realise there's a zombie apocalypse in Birmingham, but gamer Kat has a plan: zombies can't swim - water is the safest option, and narrow boats move just marginally faster than zombies." They are joined by Amar and Sunny, two Londoners stuck in Birmingham after the trains are cancelled. It's pretty amusing, altho the first episode or two felt like they were trying a little too hard. Still, very enjoyable with episodes less than 24 minutes each. I'd say it's more fun than funny. And it's an easy binge. My only gripe is that, apparently, the series has ended. I'd love to see another season.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I have been watching the Netflix documentary series “Bad Sport” while riding my exercise bike this week. Each episode is an hour-long film about a different sports scandal. I have really enjoyed it was not familiar with any of the stories they have profiled so far.

Late to the Halloween party, but I am one episode away from finishing The Haunting of Hill House and I'm enjoying every minute. I still prefer a good old fashioned haunting over gruesome jump scare stuff.

Late to the Halloween party, but I am one episode away from finishing The Haunting of Hill House and I'm enjoying every minute. I still prefer a good old fashioned haunting over gruesome jump scare stuff.
    So good. And I thought there were some pretty good scares in there!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Hill House had one of my favorite jump scares ever. I was so startled, I pooped in someone else's pants.

That one was well done, and I enjoyed it a lot too. The sequel "The Haunting Of Bly Mannnor" is worth checking out too.

We've been watching Midnight Mass on Netflix. Creepy and just right for the season.

That one was well done, and I enjoyed it a lot too. The sequel "The Haunting Of Bly Mannnor" is worth checking out too.
    That's next on the list.

As for THOHH, I finished the last episode and thought they did a good job with the story, no unnecessary big twists to convolute things. However, the lighting for the final episode was atrocious, all very dark scenes making it near impossible to see actions. I get it's a scary show in a dark house, but please lighten it up enough so we can see characters and movements.

I love Horror, so any other recommendations would be super appreciated. Anyone see The Dark Place on Hulu? I've heard good things.