Page 201 of 329 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Uh oh. We're all set to watch that one next Tuesday evening, been looking forward to it since it was announced. I just checked IMDB after your comment and found more negative reviews than I could scroll through. Oh no!
    The reviews are all over the place on it. We are seeing it Monday in a theater. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Not a TV show but related.

Watched Many Saints Of Newark. Huge disappointment.
    Care to share some more details?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Care to share some more details?
    I don’t want to give away any plot details. I felt that it dragged quite a bit. Frankly I expected a bit more action. Its younger versions of characters you are familiar with but some of the portrayals bordered on caricature. Michael Gandolfini was good - he does resemble his dad. Part of the problem is he isn’t in the film for as much as the trailer leads you to believe.

There are also some oddities in the plot line.

It wasn’t awful but my expectations were very high. Glad I didn’t pay money to see it in the theater.

I don’t want to give away any plot details. I felt that it dragged quite a bit. Frankly I expected a bit more action. Its younger versions of characters you are familiar with but some of the portrayals bordered on caricature. Michael Gandolfini was good - he does resemble his dad. Part of the problem is he isn’t in the film for as much as the trailer leads you to believe.

There are also some oddities in the plot line.

It wasn’t awful but my expectations were very high. Glad I didn’t pay money to see it in the theater.
    Thanks, I am aware going into it that the main character is Christopher's father, and Tony is a supporting character so I agree that the trailer can lead one to a different expectation. We are seeing it in a theater on Monday, but we have a Celebration Cinema movie pass ($20 and you can see up to 12 films per month), so not paying full price.

Thought the premier of the new season of SNL was pretty decent tonight. The cold open with Biden and the democrats arguing over infrastructure bill compromise was pretty funny. Weekend Update had me laughing out loud and they did a very nice tribute to Norm Macdonald. The rest of the show was just ok.

Not a US TV Series: Normal People, intense drama based on the novel of Sally Rooney, with a lovely soundtrack.
    https://www.ellecanada.com/culture/m...res-everywhere

OK so I watched episode 1 of The Boys...now that was certainly NOT what I was expecting! I am in
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    OK so I watched episode 1 of The Boys...now that was certainly NOT what I was expecting! I am in
    We are 5 episodes in and it just keeps getting better. Just got to the episode where The Deep tries to rescue a dolphin. Hilarious stuff!

We are 5 episodes in and it just keeps getting better. Just got to the episode where The Deep tries to rescue a dolphin. Hilarious stuff!
    I burn out quick unfortunately so I can only watch 1 or 2 episodes at a time, but after only one I know it's gonna be a fun ride.

Thought the premier of the new season of SNL was pretty decent tonight. The cold open with Biden and the democrats arguing over infrastructure bill compromise was pretty funny. Weekend Update had me laughing out loud and they did a very nice tribute to Norm Macdonald. The rest of the show was just ok.
    A couple of nights ago on the Seth Meyers show, head writer Colin Jost said they hired a bunch of new writers. Sounds promising for the rest of the season.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Curious to know if anyone's watching "Foundation" on Apple. I remember not being able to get through the book as a teenager and never trying again. This series is a bit dense at first, at least to me, but seems to open up and become clearer and much more interesting by Episode 3.
    I'm a HUGE The Expanse fan and hoping Foundation can fill the gap until the final season comes out.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Some of my current faves:
    Star Trek Lower Decks
    Star Trek Discovery
    Rick and Morty
    Archer
    What We Do in the Shadows
    American Horror Story
    Wease!! Star Trek Discovery is the best yet and I've watched every episode of AHS. The first half of this newest season was great until the last episode.

Apologies for the back to back to back posts, I'm still remembering how to combine quotes and comments from multiple posts into one ginormous post.

So, I watched 6 episodes of [b]Clickbait[b/] and can't believe I even made it that far. I think I stuck with it because it was filmed locally, Oakland and the Bay Area and Sacramento, so it was fun watching the scenery. What I didn't like, Pia!!! Such a whiny a$$ bitch that sucked the air out of every scene she was in. Plus I grew tired of the red herrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Apologies for the back to back to back posts, I'm still remembering how to combine quotes and comments from multiple posts into one ginormous post.

So, I watched 6 episodes of [b]Clickbait[b/] and can't believe I even made it that far. I think I stuck with it because it was filmed locally, Oakland and the Bay Area and Sacramento, so it was fun watching the scenery. What I didn't like, Pia!!! Such a whiny a$$ bitch that sucked the air out of every scene she was in. Plus I grew tired of the red herrings.
    Agree, the Pia character was rather annoying. I watched it all, but just thought it was ok.

My peeps keep telling me to check out The Boys but I can't stand the comic book superhero crap. They tell me it's kind of anti that. This true? Just can't get myself to pull the trigger...
    Yeah, Klonk, I think this show will be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I saw an interview of Ringo on Jimmy Kimmel and he revealed that the three part, six hour Beatles documentary, Get Back, is going to be on Disney+.

WTF!?

Disney+ has only 116 million subscribers vs the two biggest streaming platforms: Prime (175 million) and Netflix (208 million). I find it hard to believe they couldn't work out a better deal with either of those two vs Disney.

The good news is the three parts will air Nov 25 (Thanksgiving), 26, & 27 so I can subscribe for a month and then cancel and it will only cost me $8. $4 if I split the cost with my brother.

I'm sick of all these competing streaming services, tho.
    Right - that's probably why Disney wanted it. You're going to subscribe (if even for a month), so their numbers will increase.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I don’t want to give away any plot details. I felt that it dragged quite a bit.
    I had the opposite problem. It seemed to me like they could have gotten several episodes out of the story, but crammed it into one movie, and it felt a bit rushed.
    Funny aside... I once wondered what the lyrics to the Alabama 3 theme song were, so I googled "Woke up this morning g" and as soon as I typed that last 'g' it suggested "got some gabagool".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I had the opposite problem. It seemed to me like they could have gotten several episodes out of the story, but crammed it into one movie, and it felt a bit rushed.
    Funny aside... I once wondered what the lyrics to the Alabama 3 theme song were, so I googled "Woke up this morning g" and as soon as I typed that last 'g' it suggested "got some gabagool".
    The music throughout is fantastic, just like in the series. Very specific to the era. The budget for music clearance alone must have been staggering.

You mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Some of my current faves:
    Star Trek Lower Decks
    Star Trek Discovery
    Rick and Morty
    Archer
    What We Do in the Shadows
    American Horror Story
    Wease!! Star Trek Discovery is the best yet and I've watched every episode of AHS.
    Rick & Morty is the best show I've seen in ages. I'd seen references to it on Facebook probably a 100 times but never watched it until a couple months ago. In my defense, I didn't know it was part of the [Adult Swim] lineup. Ended up bingeing all four seasons in a few days.

Pickle Riiiick!!!!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Rick & Morty is the best show I've seen in ages. I'd seen references to it on Facebook probably a 100 times but never watched it until a couple months ago. In my defense, I didn't know it was part of the [Adult Swim] lineup. Ended up bingeing all four seasons in a few days.

Pickle Riiiick!!!!
    I have only seen random episodes here and there, but have always thought they were funny.

You mean like this?

Show-off

Saw that last night This show is a blast.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Show-off
    Don't ya hate it when people do this?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Saw that last night This show is a blast.
    Just think you have a whole second season to watch. IMHO the 2nd season does not let off the accelerator one bit.

We finished Nine Perfect Strangers tonight, which ended up a bit of a chore really. It certainly didn't live up to the intrigue of its first couple of episodes. The story kind of fizzled out, and despite some good actors I wasn't invested in any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to any of them. A missed opportunity.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm midway through Season 2 of Cobra Kai. If not sooner, I hope to be caught up for the premiere of Season 4 in late December.

The show is addictive though, which is why I doubt it'll take me that long.