Page 190 of 330 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 8243

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I was always a Letterman guy. Regarding late night talk shows, I was done the second Craig Ferguson called it quits.
    +1. IMO, Ferguson was the last great late night talk show host. Many times I wished he didn't have to do interviews. I thought his greatest bit was Sid the Cussing Bunny.

Did you ever see Craig interview a possibly drunk and flirty Sarah Shahi? She's just about the hottest thing that's come out of Hollywood in a long time and she shows off plenty of leg. It also includes Geoff's greatest one liner:

I will say that while I still haven't warmed to James Corden, I do often find his show very funny, not that I watch it much. I'm also not a fan of the multi guest couch, a la Graham Norton.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    +1. IMO, Ferguson was the last great late night talk show host. Many times I wished he didn't have to do interviews. I thought his greatest bit was Sid the Cussing Bunny.

Did you ever see Craig interview a possibly drunk and flirty Sarah Shahi? She's just about the hottest thing that's come out of Hollywood in a long time and she shows off plenty of leg. It also includes Geoff's greatest one liner:

I will say that while I still haven't warmed to James Corden, I do often find his show very funny, not that I watch it much. I'm also not a fan of the multi guest couch, a la Graham Norton.
    I've seen em all man and remember this one well . I loved his 'just wing it' interviews...the guy is a master conversationalist and could get anyone to talk about the most ridiculous things. The women guests especially...always had em in the palm of his hand. Not to mention Geoff (some classic back and forths between these two), Secretariat and the band that always played with the curtain shut because they were too shy Alfredo Sauce and the Shy Fellows I really miss this show...right up my alley humor.

Craig has a stand up tour series on Prime (I think) called Hobo Fabulous...real good stuff.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yeah, I need to create a playlist of this stuff. Love it.
    Amazon Music has a couple. One is called THE JAZZ SOUNDS OF BOSCH
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I've seen em all man and remember this one well . I loved his 'just wing it' interviews...the guy is a master conversationalist and could get anyone to talk about the most ridiculous things. The women guests especially...always had em in the palm of his hand. Not to mention Geoff (some classic back and forths between these two), Secretariat and the band that always played with the curtain shut because they were too shy Alfredo Sauce and the Shy Fellows I really miss this show...right up my alley humor.

Craig has a stand up tour series on Prime (I think) called Hobo Fabulous...real good stuff.
    Not long before Craig did his last show, Jay Leno was a guest. Jay was taken aback by how the show would fade out for commercials, then immediately fade back in. The show taped non-stop, only creating edit points for commercials. Pretty much every other host would let the band play the entire time commercials would air during actual air time.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I wondered if anyone was watching the PBS special called Icon about music photography. This past week's episode was on album covers.

Black Summer pretty interesting fast-moving zombie series on Netflix.

Oh shit, I didn't know about that. I'll have to look for it.

BTW, after posting that video, I spent about an hour and half watching compilation videos of Craig losing his shit (laughing uncontrollably). Josh Robert Thompson (Geoff) could really get him going. It's amazing how infectious his laugh is.

Aside from the back & forth with Geoff, my favorite bits were the puppets/stuffed animals he'd start the show with. Sid the Cussing Bunny was my favorite.

I also loved "Beth", the CBS executive, who was always making notes about his behavior.

I had seen his show a few times during the first or second season but hadn't warmed up to him, yet, until this one episode when they came back from a commercial and he was pretending to surf but was holding on to the bottom of the camera and making it move in a way that made you feel he was really surfing. And then he said something like, "that's really gonna mess with the stoners." I was a fan from that moment on.

I always wondered if he left the show because they gave Dave's spot on The Late Show to Stephen Colbert.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Y: the Last Man premieres September 13th on FX and HULU

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I wondered if anyone was watching the PBS special called Icon about music photography. This past week's episode was on album covers.
    I watched the album covers episode. The first two didn't interest me, so I skipped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

We started Ted Lasso last night, and watched the first three episodes. So far, it definitely lives up to the hype. This is the kind of show we need right now, IMO, and Sudeikis just nails it.
    Anyway to watch this show without Apple? It looks good.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Anyway to watch this show without Apple? It looks good.
    It's really good. But I don't know a way to watch it without Apple, unfortunately.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

900 Mil deal for Trey Parker and Matt Stone with Viacom/CBS - six more seasons of South Park and 14 freaking South Park movies. Seems like a weird deal. South Park has been cancelled by cancel culture - and I'm not getting political, per say, but it's true. The Pandemic Special sucked. Wasn't funny at all. The last season was short and not very funny either.

They have had to play it safe in this new world and they haven't done it so far very well.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    900 Mil deal for Trey Parker and Matt Stone with Viacom/CBS - six more seasons of South Park and 14 freaking South Park movies. Seems like a weird deal. South Park has been cancelled by cancel culture - and I'm not getting political, per say, but it's true. The Pandemic Special sucked. Wasn't funny at all. The last season was short and not very funny either.

They have had to play it safe in this new world and they haven't done it so far very well.
    That is definitely a surprising deal. I thought that Pandemic Special was particularly weak.
    <sig out of order>

I've seen the first five episodes, so far. You're right, it's good.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Undoing - Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant - 1 season - Pretty entertaining if not far fetched at times. Still, I recommend it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The Undoing - Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant - 1 season - Pretty entertaining if not far fetched at times. Still, I recommend it.
    Sorry if this is sexist, but I struggled with Kidman's post plastic surgery look. That has nothing to do with her acting, which I've always enjoyed, but rather it was distracting from the performance.

I agree with the far-fetched, but well worth the ride for the multi-faceted story and supporting performances.

Sorry if this is sexist, but I struggled with Kidman's post plastic surgery look. That has nothing to do with her acting, which I've always enjoyed, but rather it was distracting from the performance.
    I totally get what you're saying, and I find that with a lot of these women (and some men) in Hollywood who have done that. It takes me out of their performances, because I'm so fascinated by their bizarre and unnatural appearance. I just don't understand how they can look around at the others that have done it and think "That's what I want to look like." Some of them are absolutely gruesome looking. They don't look younger, they look... alien.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^^^^ Glad you liked it Eric! There is something to be said about ageing gracefully.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I totally get what you're saying, and I find that with a lot of these women (and some men) in Hollywood who have done that. It takes me out of their performances, because I'm so fascinated by their bizarre and unnatural appearance. I just don't understand how they can look around at the others that have done it and think "That's what I want to look like." Some of them are absolutely gruesome looking. They don't look younger, they look... alien.
    You mean like FrankenCher? Or Mickey "the Teeth" Rourke?

Both good examples. Rourke looks like a month-old Jack O'Lantern. Helen Hunt looks like Skeletor in a sauna. And check out Phil Collins' ex-wife Orianne.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Exactly! I struggle the most with performers who, IMHO, are "natural beauties". Men and women whose beauty is beyond skin deep, more about how they carry themselves, what type of person they are (to the extent we'll ever know). Nicole Kidman, Helen Hunt (mentioned), are examples of people who, IMHO, did not need surgery to stay beautiful. They felt they needed it to stay relevant, which is super sad.

Or Kenny Rogers after he got caught in a wind tunnel.

Your killing me!

people who, IMHO, did not need surgery to stay beautiful. They felt they needed it to stay relevant, which is super sad.
    Agreed, on all counts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Y: the Last Man premieres September 13th on FX and HULU

Trailer..huge hopes for myself and millions of other fans of the graphic novel.