Page 16 of 328 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ That series went to shit in the last 2 years of its run. Consider yourself forewarned.
    Pay no mind to the buzzkill, proceed w/your bingewatch @ full throttle.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Pay no mind to the buzzkill, proceed w/your bingewatch @ full throttle.
    The "buzzkill" was how the series went off the rails. Hardly an isolated opinion, either. Just check the ratings for those years compared to how they were in earlier years.

With a doubt, I'm sure the viewership was polarized evenly into the "yay" and "nay" camps as there were a lot of viewers, based on critic reviews, the discussion forums like TWOP and Previously On, who didn't care for how the final seasons [SPOILER ALERT] took place in the future with the world under Observer control[/SPOILER ALERT]. I still say to continue with watching and fully embrace the "YMMV" until the finale, and decide for yourself, and never mind the "buzzkill". Fringe's conclusion IMO was far more satisfying than how, say, Lost or even this week's finale of X-Files S10 turned out. Once man's trash is another man's treasure and all that yadda yadda.
    Last edited by -=RTFR666=-; 02-24-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Do not speak of X-Files S10! The last two episodes were so bad it's going to take gallons of mental bleach to wipe them from my memory banks.

Anna Torv from Fringe, whatever happened to her? I always thought she looked a bit like Kate Blanchett. I got a bit obsessed with her. Never saw the final season but I think I need to just start over again from season one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I saw the first episode of the new X Files and I thought they'd turned it into a comedy, and the cinematography style looked like it was lifted straight from Land of the Giants. I thought it was bloody awful!

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

We're halfway through season 4 of House of Cards. Man, I knew these two were evil, but the depths of their corruption would make the devil wince.

Started watching Weeds, and it's good so far.

I'm really itching to get to season 2 of Daredevil, but we have to finish HOC first. :/

Just finished up season one of Better Call Saul and it made me want to return to Breaking Bad so I started in on it yesterday... Been watching a few Netflix Originals like "Bloodline" and Will Arnett's latest "Flaked". Sticking with TWD on AMC and will continue with FTWD when it kicks off season 2 in a few weeks time... I've also got season 5 of GOT on BluRay that I need to dive into! It truly is a new golden age of tv!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Just finished up season one of Better Call Saul and it made me want to return to Breaking Bad so I started in on it yesterday... Been watching a few Netflix Originals like "Bloodline" and Will Arnett's latest "Flaked". Sticking with TWD on AMC and will continue with FTWD when it kicks off season 2 in a few weeks time... I've also got season 5 of GOT on BluRay that I need to dive into! It truly is a new golden age of tv!
    Season 2 of "Saul" is proving to be just as season 1 so far.

Ive noticed BCS slowing down a bit these last 2 weeks. I hope they get it moving again. The storyline is great, and the acting absolutely fantastic, but you get done with the hour, and you ask yourself, "what just happened in the last hour. It seems they are asking for patience, and I'm willing to give it. But they had better get a move on because shows get cancelled if they let up even for a minute, and I do NOT want Saul to become another Firefly.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I don't know how you can call this week's episode "slow".
    SPOILERS

You had Mike cutting a deal with the Salamancas to take on the illegal gun charge after they invaded his house and then threatened his grandchild after he beat them
    Another Slippin' Jimmy con with Kim, only this time she initiated it after not jumping at a better job offer
    Jimmy getting insomnia and seeing his ad-with a different voiceover-being used after all, and then running back to the nail salon where he was finally able to sleep

Yeah, I agree that lots of things happen, but it seems like the 500 pound gorilla in the room is the SAUL coming out. You can see it just starting, but it seems like it isnt getting there quick enough. Of course, I am not used to actually having to wait an entire week between episodes. We watch this with a friend who is an attorney who works at a big law firm and its fun to get his insights into how accurate the script actually is to real life as a corporate attorney. He and his wife also seem to notice that the show isnt moving like they think it needs to in order to keep the breaking bad fan's attention. I absolutely love the show, but I am concerned that the average watcher may lose interest.

Here's my prediction, Kim is going to get into some serious trouble with a con at some point and Jimmy is going to take the fall for her, causing him to leave the firm and start up his own business. I'm betting her trouble will be the season closer and we may see Saul next season.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Hap and Leonard

Big Joe Lansdale fan here, having read most of his books including all the Hap and Leonard novels. Just found out it was a TV show on Saturday and watched all four episodes so far twice on-demand. Looking forward to the next episode on Wednesday.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

What are the new shows coming this spring that are worth watching?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

How to get away with murder is my current favorite US tv series.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    My wife has been binge-watching the series called Outlander, about Scottish clans, etc. It's fun to watch, especially if you occasionally want to see a comely Scottish lass get spanked, and really, who doesn't? They deserve it for defying their men.

Any of you watch "Deadliest Catch"? New season started last week. I have been hooked since season 1.

For those who like their weekly dose of gratuitous violence and nudity, Banshee is back for its final season.

I watched the first episode of a series called Wayward Pines which looked intriguing, but I found it a bit... "meh". I'm not going to bother with it unless I hear otherwise.

In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying a DVD set of a British series called The Hollow Crown, which features Shakespeare histories put to film with a decent budget and excellent casts. That, and Father Brown, which is always a good bit of fun. How can you not enjoy a crime-solving priest in rural 1950s Britain?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Father Brown is great, do you watch Granchester as well? Another crime solving clergyman in a period drama.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Father Brown is great, do you watch Granchester as well? Another crime solving clergyman in a period drama.
    No, I've heard good things though. Perhaps I'll add it to the Tivo list.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    For those who like their weekly dose of gratuitous violence and nudity, Banshee is back for its final season.

I watched the first episode of a series called Wayward Pines which looked intriguing, but I found it a bit... "meh". I'm not going to bother with it unless I hear otherwise.

In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying a DVD set of a British series called The Hollow Crown, which features Shakespeare histories put to film with a decent budget and excellent casts. That, and Father Brown, which is always a good bit of fun. How can you not enjoy a crime-solving priest in rural 1950s Britain?
    My father loves Banshee, but I have yet to check it out. Regarding Wayward Pines, yes it started out pretty good, but thought it kind of went down hill as it went along. Not terrible, but not great either.

I think the best new shows this past winter was Billions and The Outsiders. Of course we are watching Vikings, The Blacklist, and Black Sails.

This spring I am looking forward to Outlander, Game of Thrones, The Americans. Any new series getting high praise this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    My wife has been binge-watching the series called Outlander, about Scottish clans, etc. It's fun to watch, especially if you occasionally want to see a comely Scottish lass get spanked, and really, who doesn't? They deserve it for defying their men.
    Where'd she find it? My wife wanted to watch this but it was only on Showtime.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart