Page 168 of 329 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    The Expanse is one of the best shows ever. Epic. It's not called The Expanse for nothing. The most recent season was excellent.
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll stick with it .

Watching The White Princess on Prime. A period piece centering on the War Of The Roses. It's a Starz original and appears to be very well done. Season 1 will only be on Prime for 8 days, so I'll have to prioritize watching those 8 episodes.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Watching The White Princess on Prime. A period piece centering on the War Of The Roses. It's a Starz original and appears to be very well done. Season 1 will only be on Prime for 8 days, so I'll have to prioritize watching those 8 episodes.
    It's very good, prioritize it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It is worth the time. First TV science fiction that really tries to get some science right. The network insisted that there be a little engine noise in outer space but other than that, they pretty much get the science right. First season is a little slow but the pace improves.
    Actually, they don't. Space ships don't "fly" like airplanes. It just bothers me.

I thought, reading the discussion, that I had mentioned this show as I had just started watching it. Seems nysteve is on my wavelength at the moment. Yet, my browsers are screwing with me and I can't watch the last few episodes.

It's a you have to be kidding me moment. Halfway through EP8S5 it just crapped out on me. I refuse to use Google's Chrome or IE as they both suck and I can't get it to work in either FF or Brave.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I like the actress who plays Clarice, tho. She reminds me of a cross between Jodie Foster and Elliot (formerly Ellen) Page.
    I had the exact impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Man, there is just so much quality stuff on Prime. Some really great series (IMHO) there.
    Agreed. The video content alone is worth the price of Prime. The free shipping is gravy.
    Totally agree. They have a great array of content on Prime. It's worth it for Bosch, alone.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We finished season 3 of "The Sinner". It was not quite as good as the first two seasons, mainly because the story was a bit far fetched, but I still enjoyed it and will check out season 4 when it drops.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Klonk mentioned season 4 of Dexter was stellar. Totally agree, the Trinity Killer was a highlight for me. I also really liked season 2. Will keep moving forward.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Anyone watching WandaVision? Anyone? Because episode seven revealed a new villain, and while this one has been suspected by comic readers for a while, the actual reveal was INSANE.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Klonk mentioned season 4 of Dexter was stellar. Totally agree, the Trinity Killer was a highlight for me. I also really liked season 2. Will keep moving forward.
    Yeah man I loved 4...so damn good. And that season finale
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Who else is watching Resident Alien, besides Jerol & Scott?

Every week, it seems, this show gets better.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    We watched the first episode and will likely get back to it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I watch it religiously. As dramadies go, it's a clever concept.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah man I loved 4...so damn good. And that season finale
    A mind blowing ending!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

We started watching Firefly Lane on Netflix last night and really digging it. The story skips around in time a lot, so it gets a little bit confusing at times, but 4 episodes in both my wife and I are enjoying it:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y+lane+trailer

We're an episode behind, but Ep. 4 was freaking hilarious.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    We're an episode behind, but Ep. 4 was freaking hilarious.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's very good, prioritize it.
    Just finished "Season 1" Ep. 8. I'm thinking it's a mini-series and the 8 episodes are the total. Anyway, phenomenal series. Hews close to the book by Phillipa Gregory apparently, and I don't know how close to the historical record that book is, but this was so well done and highly entertaining. Jodie Comer is a revelation.
    The add-on blurb at the end of the last episode revealed that The White Queen (which is in my watchlist on Prime) was the prequel to this. I hate it when that happens. That'll have to be up next, I guess.

Stumbled onto "For All Mankind" recently and we're really enjoying it.
    <sig out of order>

Watched “The Lady And The Dale” tonight on HBO. Interesting documentary. I was not all that found of the way they used the animation though, in fact my wife and I both found it quickly became annoying. The story itself was remarkably interesting. I thought it was a little bit long and because he / she was a life long con artist that they kind of tried to make her out to be some kind of hero, which she really wasn’t. I am still not sure how she got out of being prosecuted for the money printing scheme that she went on the run for in the first place, unless maybe I missed something. The part of the documentary about the car company reminded me a lot of the Elizabeth Holmes / Theranos scandal from a few years ago where Holmes started a company, recruited investors, and made all kinds of promises before she knew if her product worked or not. She ended up sliding down a rabbit hole like the Dale situation. Anyway…….I did enjoy the documentary for the most part.

Started The Outsider miniseries on HBO yesterday and, wow, that first episode was possibly the best first episode I've ever seen. It's since gone in a completely different direction than what I thought it might, altho I did see it coming. If that makes sense. But five episodes in and I'm still really enjoying it.

Started The Outsider miniseries on HBO yesterday and, wow, that first episode was possibly the best first episode I've ever seen. It's since gone in a completely different direction than what I thought it might, altho I did see it coming. If that makes sense. But five episodes in and I'm still really enjoying it.
    I look forward to your assessment after the final episode.

We finally tried Hunters tonight. Meh. Interesting premise, but I found it a bit slick and cartoonish for my tastes, with caricatures instead of characters. I also hate being force-fed an era. It said "1977" at the beginning - I get it. You don't need to keep showing TV guides with Farrah Fawcett on the cover, or marquees with Star Wars now playing, or fathers threatening "No Six Million-Dollar Man for you tonight" to a misbehaving child. Not to mention the awful songs every second scene (a common problem these days). Not sticking with it, sorry Al.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

My wife and I both enjoyed it. I never read the Stephen King novel it is based on, so don't know how it compares. Apparently HBO has passed on doing a 2nd season although the producers are trying to sell it to another network. Apparently an entire 2nd season of scripts have already been written.

Love this show. Steve the Pirate is wonderful as the alien.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My wife and I both enjoyed it. I never read the Stephen King novel it is based on, so don't know how it compares. Apparently HBO has passed on doing a 2nd season although the producers are trying to sell it to another network. Apparently an entire 2nd season of scripts have already been written.
    I liked the show a lot, but it deviates quite a bit from the book, and the portrayal of Holly Gibney is way off. Apparently the actress portraying her didn't want to play the character as written.

I very much prefer the way Holly Gibney was portrayed in Mr. Mercedes. She was spot-on.

I tried to watch the new sci-fi series Debris on NBC. Good acting, good production and aspects, but as usual for broadcast TV the science part of science fiction is something that's just nonexistent. This made Fringe or X-Files look entirely possible and scientifically rigid. One and done for me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart