Page 159 of 329 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Anyone watched "Raised by Wolves"? The religious fanaticism angle is a little hard to believe. A highly technological society engaging in sun worship? Apparently, the show has been re-upped for another season.

Another problem with the Undoing finale that my wife pointed out: Nicole was not wearing a fabulous coat
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Anyone watched "Raised by Wolves"? The religious fanaticism angle is a little hard to believe. A highly technological society engaging in sun worship? Apparently, the show has been re-upped for another season.
    Yeah I like it, we're around 4 episodes in, fun show. You can't believe religious zealots making use of technology? You mean like all the anti-science loonies who have mobile phones and cars.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We started on HBO Big Little Lies last night, which is one that we did not see when it was originally out. So far I am digging it a few episodes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Another problem with the Undoing finale that my wife pointed out: Nicole was not wearing a fabulous coat
    Good point!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We started on HBO Big Little Lies last night, which is one that we did not see when it was originally out. So far I am digging it a few episodes in.
    It's great all the way through, so many messed up rich people.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's great all the way through, so many messed up rich people.
    We made it all the way through the first season already. Outstanding stuff and a terrific cast!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'd rather but messed up and rich that messed up a poor.

I think the series is extremely well done.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'd rather but messed up and rich that messed up a poor.

I think the series is extremely well done.
    Well.......we binged through season 2 yesterday. There were only 7 episodes and they were only about 45 minutes each so we went through the whole thing last night. I think I liked season 1 a bit better than season 2. 2 got a little bit soap opera-ish at times. Of course, with the cast the show has, they elevated the material above what it might have been in lesser hands. Apparently there are plans for a season 3, although no actual production has started yet.

Season two was not as enthusiastically reviewed as season one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Season two was not as enthusiastically reviewed as season one.
    Season one had the mystery element of who was murdered and who was the murderer that the 2nd season didn't have. The 2nd season was still very good though.

Finished Queens Gambit last night. I really enjoyed this, but still can't stand chess

I now have the need to get my serial killer on so will probably hit up The Ripper on Netflix next.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Finished Queens Gambit last night. I really enjoyed this, but still can't stand chess

I now have the need to get my serial killer on so will probably hit up The Ripper on Netflix next.
    I finished Evil the other night and definitely recommend for you.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The Ripper was good. FYI, it's a 4 part documentary.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

We just started The Ripper tonight. Just have seen episode 1 so far, but it is good. I remember when all that happened back in the day.

We just finished watching “Succession” on HBO. I liked the 2nd season better than the 1st, but overall, it is top notch acting and writing. It is sometimes hard to get into characters that are all rich pricks, especially in season one, but the end of season 2 left me wanting more. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Banned
    I make it a point to stay away from all US COMEDY series with exception of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyoldboot View Post
    I make it a point to stay away from all US COMEDY series with exception of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Add Seinfeld and Maron and I’m with you.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Shameless
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I decided I was in the mood for some decent action and things blowing up so I decided to give Amazons Jack Ryan a whirl...blasted through 3 last night. Fun stuff! Very Homeland-y. I like the characters and looking forward to more.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I decided I was in the mood for some decent action and things blowing up so I decided to give Amazons Jack Ryan a whirl...blasted through 3 last night. Fun stuff! Very Homeland-y. I like the characters and looking forward to more.
    We like that here as well - they mess with the timeline a bit, but nothing that seems too out-of-place. And Krasinski plays the role with just enough 'Harrison Ford' to feel right to those of us who loved the movies in the 80s and 90s.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Yesterday I saw that CBS is doing a series inspired by one of my all-time favorite movies, The Silence Of The Lambs. It will be called Clarice, and start in February. I hope they don't screw it up, but I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yesterday I saw that CBS is doing a series inspired by one of my all-time favorite movies, The Silence Of The Lambs. It will be called Clarice, and start in February. I hope they don't screw it up, but I am looking forward to it.
    I saw that advertised as well and am curious too.

I saw that commercial a couple weeks ago but I hold out no hope that it will be any good or, if it is, will last very long.

For a few years now, probably since the writer's strike, there's only been just a few one hour shows that were/are any good or, at least, interesting: Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Hannibal, The Exorcist, and Evil, which is usually good but occasionally creeps too close to broadcast TV mediocrity.

Kevin..., a really good show, was cancelled after one season. Hannibal was really interesting, at first, but got a little bogged down and given that it was one of those "abridged" shows (10-13 episodes/year) which would also occasionally be preempted, interest waned for me. It was cancelled three seasons. The Exorcist, only somewhat good, was cancelled after two seasons. Evil has been renewed for a second season but since it's an abridged show, too, it's hard to stay interested.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I hear ya. I would add to the list of decent broadcast shows, The Orville. It had a rough start but settled down into one of the better takes on a Trek-type show once they got the humor/drama balance straightened out. I guess it's out there on one of the streaming services that I don't get but I'm just not ready to add yet another one.