Page 158 of 330 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

There is no fixed date but they're projecting it to be Spring 2021.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Finished "Mindhunter" on Netflix tonight. Season one started out a bit slow, but ended up being really good. Season two was outstanding. Apparently it is looking like a 3rd season is not going to happen which would be too bad because the BTK killer storyline is still ongoing.

Has anyone seen the series Evil? I've been catching it on Netflix and have really enjoyed it so far.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Has anyone seen the series Evil? I've been catching it on Netflix and have really enjoyed it so far.
    It's in My List, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I read some bad reviews about it starting well then fizzling out. What do ya think, Lou??
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Finished "Mindhunter" on Netflix tonight. Season one started out a bit slow, but ended up being really good. Season two was outstanding. Apparently it is looking like a 3rd season is not going to happen which would be too bad because the BTK killer storyline is still ongoing.
    Liked this one a lot. The inmate interview scenes were awesome. Too bad no 3rd season?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    It's in My List, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I read some bad reviews about it starting well then fizzling out. What do ya think, Lou??
    A couple of so-so episodes, but for the most part, I think it has been quite good. I think you would enjoy it.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Yes, I caught it on CBS last year. It didn't knock my socks off, but I thought it was pretty good, for the most part. Supposedly, CBS has a second season coming, maybe after the first of the year. Who knows?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yes, I caught it on CBS last year. It didn't knock my socks off, but I thought it was pretty good, for the most part. Supposedly, CBS has a second season coming, maybe after the first of the year. Who knows?
    I liked Evil. I really like Mike Colter, who also played Luke Cage, and Evil is just different from other things that are out there right now. Unfortunately, my GF isn't really much of a fan, so I'm not sure that I'll be in on Season 2. There are other things that I like more than Evil that she doesn't like that fill my time.

Liked this one a lot. The inmate interview scenes were awesome. Too bad no 3rd season?
    Very disappointed that there's no 3rd season, as they obviously intended to make more, and there's a lot more story to tell.

Reminds me of another show that I finally was able to watch: Firefly. Of course, I knew going in that it was only 1 season + 1 motion picture, but still disappointed that this was all they could muster. Really enjoyed it. Great characters.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm pissed Evil was removed from CBS and put on All Access. As I've stated previously, I refuse to be drawn down the streaming service rabbit hole.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I have read that ratings were not so hot and all of the actors have been released from their contracts. The showrunner (can't remember his name) is now working on something else. If there ever is a 3rd season it will be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yeah, what he said. Call your cable company and tell them. I could see it if you were in Bumfuck New Mexico, just north of the border where the cable company is ridiculously small. But damn, a cable company in your neck of the woods is going to be set up for any HBO subscriber to get HBO Max on their devices.
    Yeah, I went through the process with DTV and they want me to pay. Bizarre. Got a mailer that said I could get it for what I'm paying now and nada. I'm not paying for something I should already get.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I have read that ratings were not so hot and all of the actors have been released from their contracts. The showrunner (can't remember his name) is now working on something else. If there ever is a 3rd season it will be a while.
    David Fincher, best known for Se7en, Aliens 3 and Zodiac.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Yeah, I went through the process with DTV and they want me to pay.
    DTV? What the hell is that?

First of all, you don't go through your cable provider. You use your provider login to access HBO Max from HBOM's site or, if you have some streaming gadget like a Fire Stick or a PS4 or a smart TV, you download the HBO Max app and use it.

I would go here and check to see if your provider is listed: HBO Max providers
    Last edited by Hal...; 12-14-2020 at 12:04 AM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Here is an article I found on the future of the show. It is really too bad as I would like to have seen where they went with it: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-d...-release-date/

Banned
    It’s Back!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Here is a cool video I found in regards to "Mindhunter":

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    It’s Back!
    Nice!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    A couple of weeks back my brother came over for a visit, because since he lives by himself and barely goes out these days and neither do we, we figured it was safe.

He visited again this past weekend. We remembered that we had watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of some recent series, and it was pretty good, so we should watch another couple of them--except that neither he, my wife nor I could remember what show it was, even after poking around in the recently watched lists on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. I guess maybe this could have been a comment in the Putting Up With Being A Geezer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    A couple of weeks back my brother came over for a visit, because since he lives by himself and barely goes out these days and neither do we, we figured it was safe.

He visited again this past weekend. We remembered that we had watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of some recent series, and it was pretty good, so we should watch another couple of them--except that neither he, my wife nor I could remember what show it was, even after poking around in the recently watched lists on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. I guess maybe this could have been a comment in the Putting Up With Being A Geezer thread.
    Do you remember any of the storyline? Maybe we could figure it out.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Do you remember any of the storyline? Maybe we could figure it out.
    None of us has any clue.

The wife and I watched "The Undoing" on HBO with Nichole Kidman and Hugh Grant. I thought it was great. Grant has spent most of his career doing Rom Com type roles, but in the last few years he has really branched out with movies like "The Gentlemen" and a role like he has in "The Undoing". The guy is definitely has more range than I used to give him credit for. Anyway..........."The Undoing" is really good and worth checking out.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Loved this show right up to the final 10 minutes.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Yeah, the end was kinda annoying
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I agree to a point that the ending could have been a bit better, although I didn't hate it.