Page 152 of 330 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Since my wife likes it so much I am going to probably watch the rest.
    May as well earn some points with the wife while you're at it, too, eh? Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I was annoyed when CBS preempted Discovery for election coverage last week. There was so much info rolling in so quickly, they definitely couldn't break away from that coverage.
    Oh yeah, I watch it through the All Access app, I had forgotten it was on regular TV now too. Enjoy! Its an interesting series to start but it really starts to gel the farther along it goes. Star Trek series always have a rocky start it seems. Lower Decks is the only series that has a good 1st season it feels like, aside from TOS.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

^^ If it wasn't on CBS, I wouldn't watch it at all. The way things are going, we'll all soon need to subscribe to a dozen and a half, two dozen streaming services to watch 2, 3 or 4 exclusive shows. That'll end up costing way more than cable and/or satellite ever did. And since cable is the only viable option for anything approaching true broadband here in the States, we'll still need cable service on top of it all to stream those services. I refuse to be drawn down that rabbit hole.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I already have Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix and BritBox. I'm loathed to sign up for anything else.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I already have Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix and BritBox. I'm loathed to sign up for anything else.
    I have Amazon Prime but can only figure out how to access from my laptop. Is there a trick to getting it onto your TV?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The Roku, Fire Stick, pretty much any modern Blu-Ray player, and many more can install the Amazon Prime App to stream Prime Video. The Fire Stick being an Amazon product will be the most comprehensive option in its usability.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I have Amazon Prime but can only figure out how to access from my laptop. Is there a trick to getting it onto your TV?
    I have a Fire Stick
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I just wish HBO would kiss and make up with Amazon so we can get HBO Max on Firestick. There are some ways of loading it depending on your TV but its kinda wonky.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I dont Hulu but I do have the others...in addition, I have Crave, which gives me HBO, and way more than I can watch...https://www.crave.ca/en/movies/all-m...=axis-genre-11
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ If it wasn't on CBS, I wouldn't watch it at all. The way things are going, we'll all soon need to subscribe to a dozen and a half, two dozen streaming services to watch 2, 3 or 4 exclusive shows. That'll end up costing way more than cable and/or satellite ever did. And since cable is the only viable option for anything approaching true broadband here in the States, we'll still need cable service on top of it all to stream those services. I refuse to be drawn down that rabbit hole.
    I hear ya. When I heard about the new Star Trek series and that it was only going to be on CBS All Access, I figured they were jumping on the streaming bandwagon. But when I saw the cost, $6 with "limited commercial breaks" or $10 ad free I thought, fuck you, CBS, I ain't spending a cent for one show. CBS adding Picard didn't change my mind at all.

And now NBC has a streaming service for $5 w/commercials or $10 w/out.

But, as I've said in the past, you can always piggyback on to another user's account since streaming services allow simultaneous streaming on more than one device: Hulu is 2, HBO & Showtime are 3 (Showtime also allows 2 additional viewers on TVs or 5 total), Prime is 2 or 4 (can't remember which), and Apple TV+ is 6 (and they only cost $5/mo!). My brother gave me both his Netflix and cable logins, so I can see Big Ten network games and TCM. My niece gave me her cable login which gives me access to HBO Max and Showtime, in addition to most cable channels. My brother also added me to his Prime family account.

And all I pay for is internet. So, if you've got a family member or a good friend who subscribes to something, they may be willing to add you. It costs them nothing.

When Apple TV+ finally releases the Foundation series next year, my niece and I are going to go halves on the subscription so we can see it.

Speaking of which...

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

My daughter piggy backs on my Netflix and I piggy back on her Amazon Prime. I wanted Hulu for the live sports, especially as I picked up the English Soccer on NBC Sports that way but with a bunch of those going to Peacock I may rethink that. They also had all the rugby on NBCSports but they've just announced that going to yet another streaming service at $12 a month. I'm probably going VPN and pull the stream live from the UK.
    Ian

I'm probably going VPN and pull the stream live from the UK.
    Good luck with that. I watched a bunch of events during the Olympics on the BBC using a VPN (because NBC's coverage sucked). It was awesome!

Now, however, I get blocked, even tho the server I'll use is in England. I had a similar issue trying to stream something from a Chicago station using a "local" server in Chicago. I think they've caught on to the use of VPNs and have somehow figured out which IP addresses of servers are used by VPNs and block them.

I have a Fire Stick
    Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I hear ya. When I heard about the new Star Trek series and that it was only going to be on CBS All Access, I figured they were jumping on the streaming bandwagon. But when I saw the cost, $6 with "limited commercial breaks" or $10 ad free I thought, fuck you, CBS, I ain't spending a cent for one show. CBS adding Picard didn't change my mind at all.

And now NBC has a streaming service for $5 w/commercials or $10 w/out.

But, as I've said in the past, you can always piggyback on to another user's account since streaming services allow simultaneous streaming on more than one device: Hulu is 2, HBO & Showtime are 3 (Showtime also allows 2 additional viewers on TVs or 5 total), Prime is 2 or 4 (can't remember which), and Apple TV+ is 6 (and they only cost $5/mo!). My brother gave me both his Netflix and cable logins, so I can see Big Ten network games and TCM. My niece gave me her cable login which gives me access to HBO Max and Showtime, in addition to most cable channels. My brother also added me to his Prime family account.

And all I pay for is internet. So, if you've got a family member or a good friend who subscribes to something, they may be willing to add you. It costs them nothing.

When Apple TV+ finally releases the Foundation series next year, my niece and I are going to go halves on the subscription so we can see it.

Speaking of which...

When you sign up for AppleTV+ be sure to watch Mythic Quest. It's terrific.
    Currently attempting to catch up on all of the chaos in the Market Square.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I just wish HBO would kiss and make up with Amazon so we can get HBO Max on Firestick. There are some ways of loading it depending on your TV but its kinda wonky.
    Jerol, https://troypoint.com/hbo-max-firestick/ I've done this on all of my Firesticks and it works perfectly.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    May as well earn some points with the wife while you're at it, too, eh? Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.
    Ha yea, well there is some truth to that, but the show has actually grown on me.

I burned through The Mandolorian Season 1. I found more enjoyment and resonance in this series than any of the recent Star Wars movies. This is the way. I have spoken.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I enjoyed the Mandalorian and the new movies. The Mandalorian is very different from all the Star Wars movies, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    The Mandalorian is very different from all the Star Wars movies, which isn't a bad thing at all.
    That's the series about the mandolin player who saves the universe, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That's the series about the mandolin player who saves the universe, isn't it?
    That's the one.

Can't remember if there are any "The Crown" fans here, but new season drops this weekend on Netflix. I think it is an excellent series.

Watching now.
    Ian

Three episodes in to the new season of The Crown and it has maintained its excellence. Gillian Anderson is doing a spectacular job of Margaret Thatcher too.

Is nobody else watching Roadkill? It's another terrific British political drama (modern).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I need to see if I can find Roadkill
    Ian

I need to see if I can find Roadkill
    PBS Masterpiece is where I record it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***