Page 141 of 329 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Started watching "Master Of None" on Netflix this afternoon. It is one of the highest rated Netflix shows on Rotten Tomatoes so thought I would check it out. Two episodes in I am liking it.

Billions. I will watch anything with Damian Lewis.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Billions. I will watch anything with Damian Lewis.
    I'd watch it but it's the only thing on SHO I think I'd sign up for and now I don't have a subscription.

I'm finding I'm looking to binge watch shows on free trials rather than sign up for services where I only want a couple of shows, case in point Picard on CBS All Access, Baptiste on PBS Premium, & Mandalorian on Disney. It's irritating to be honest.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^^

Competition is normally a good thing as it brings prices down, but if it Comes to shows and Sports it's nerve wrecking.

just to watch my favourite Football Team (soccer) I have to pay the full Price for two different plattforms. And most likley three
    different ones from next year

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Started watching "Dead To Me" with the wife over the weekend. I almost didn't make it through the first episode as it was a bit too much of the two main characters just yapping back and forth, but the twist at the end kept me going. I think we got 8 or 9 episodes in. Still not sure what I think of it. The show is clever for sure, and the acting is good, but the twists seem a bit contrived. We will probably see it through the end of the season. I think this one has a second season as well?
    I've been watching this, because Linda Cardellini, and I thought the first season was good, even if it did require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief to buy into the plot. But the second season, of which I am about halfway through, is just scenes of the two primary characters alternately crying and drinking. Maybe they bring it all together by the end of the season, but I'm not sure if I'll make it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I've been watching this, because Linda Cardellini, and I thought the first season was good, even if it did require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief to buy into the plot. But the second season, of which I am about halfway through, is just scenes of the two primary characters alternately crying and drinking. Maybe they bring it all together by the end of the season, but I'm not sure if I'll make it that far.
    My thoughts too...I loved the 1st season. I got about halfway through Episode 3 and couldn't watch it any longer, just became so stupid!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

That was what I was afraid of. There has even been a bit too much of that for me in the 1st season, so if it gets worse I may not continue.

I liked season 2 of Dead To Me, but I can see where it could put people off. There's definitely a lot of tearful apologies, only to find them making the same mistakes again, drinking, crying and apologizing again. I also found Cardellini's sudden lesbianism a bit far-fetched. But overall there's a lot of great acting and I do like those two together quite a bit. The entire season is only about five hours of total viewing anyway.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I liked season 2 of Dead To Me, but I can see where it could put people off. There's definitely a lot of tearful apologies, only to find them making the same mistakes again, drinking, crying and apologizing again. I also found Cardellini's sudden lesbianism a bit far-fetched. But overall there's a lot of great acting and I do like those two together quite a bit. The entire season is only about five hours of total viewing anyway.
    I assumed it was bisexuality. (Or perhaps pansexuality, as that seems to be the new it thing.)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

^ Having sex with pans?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I think having sex with panheads is more accurate.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Having sex with pans?

No, just doing it while playing Zamfir music.

I've been watching this, because Linda Cardellini...
    #1 draw for me. I've been a huge fan of hers since ER.

I also found Cardellini's sudden lesbianism a bit far-fetched.
    I didn't. In fact, I thought the writers were going to "go there" in season 1.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I assumed it was bisexuality. (Or perhaps pansexuality, as that seems to be the new it thing.)
    Pansexuality differs from bisexuality in that gender plays no real role in sexual attraction for a pansexual. More specifically, a bisexual is attracted to males and females whereas a pansexual is attracted to a person regardless of their gender, be it male, female, trans, etc.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Really enjoying Pillars Of The Earth, we missed it back when it aired but it's well done, thankfully it's on Prime. Might appeal to Game Of Thrones fans, although there's no fantasy element to it. Virtually every member of the large cast is recognizable too.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Really enjoying Pillars Of The Earth, we missed it back when it aired but it's well done, thankfully it's on Prime. Might appeal to Game Of Thrones fans, although there's no fantasy element to it. Virtually every member of the large cast is recognizable too.
    I have that on DVD (lovely deluxe-boxset) and watched it two times. Great story and well played. Danger, betrayal, romantic, erotic scenes, friendship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I have that on DVD (lovely deluxe-boxset) and watched it two times. Great story and well played. Danger, betrayal, romantic, erotic scenes, friendship, etc.

I really liked this production, one of the few film versions of a book that is actually worthy. Helluva cast too: I'll watch anything with Ian McShane, and I love Alison Pill.

You had me at "erotic scenes"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    You had me at "erotic scenes"
    Hayley Atwell is gorgeous, too.

cd.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Pansexuality differs from bisexuality in that gender plays no real role in sexual attraction for a pansexual. More specifically, a bisexual is attracted to males and females whereas a pansexual is attracted to a person regardless of their gender, be it male, female, trans, etc.
    It can be confusing, so here's an example that may help you to identify a pansexual individual.

pansexual.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

My grandmother used to hit my grandfather in the head with a frying pan. Were they having sex in front of my father, aunts and uncles?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

We watched the two most recent episodes of Killing Eve. They're still killing it this season. The episode where Villanelle goes home to reunite with her family was incredible.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We watched the two most recent episodes of Killing Eve. They're still killing it this season. The episode where Villanelle goes home to reunite with her family was incredible.
    I think we are going to try this show in the near future. I keep hearing good things.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Yes, Killing Eve is amazing.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Have to sign up for yet another platform to watch Killing Eve so waiting for the season to end then binge watch on free trial.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.