Page 139 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I couldn't make it through to the 3rd episode of Westworld's 2nd season. Nope. Not for me.

Finally started Ozark and so far diggin' the hell out of it. Really lookin' forward to seeing where this goes.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I couldn't make it through to the 3rd episode of Westworld's 2nd season. Nope. Not for me.

Finally started Ozark and so far diggin' the hell out of it. Really lookin' forward to seeing where this goes.
    You'll be glad to know Ozark stays great.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Massive letdown at the end, IMO. Very disappointing.

ask.
    Uh oh, that does not sound good. King is pretty notorious for not being able to finish his stories. I won't be able to watch any more of it until this coming weekend, so not sure if I will make it through to the end before next week or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You'll be glad to know Ozark stays great.
    Just finished season one last night...definitely didn't see that coming!

Excellent season!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

My sis says Ozark is really good. I'll have to see if there's a way I can get into her account from here to watch it.

I'm watching last nights Batwoman and had a wild thought. It's ep 17 of season one but it feels like it's in the third season. The network had a specific plan with this show as one episode had to link up with the Crisis crossover and they might have delayed last nights ep due to virus as the last was over a month ago. IOW, it's taking a long time for just one season and damn, we're now on our fourth or fifth villain.

I know it's not the truth but it sure seems like I've been watching this show for a couple of years.

I think the reason I like the Batman universe so much is it's more real life-like. The villains are mostly people that could exist in this world. Not universe ball busting dudes. Take away the vat of acid leading to a white face part of the Joker story and you have the Unabomber. Someone who wanted chaos.

Anyway, they've done well with this show.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

At some point a couple decades ago, the writers of Batman comics got sick of over-powered villains and someone got the idea that hey, these guys are really crime lords. Then things got real.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    My sis says Ozark is really good. I'll have to see if there's a way I can get into her account from here to watch it.

I'm watching last nights Batwoman and had a wild thought. It's ep 17 of season one but it feels like it's in the third season. The network had a specific plan with this show as one episode had to link up with the Crisis crossover and they might have delayed last nights ep due to virus as the last was over a month ago. IOW, it's taking a long time for just one season and damn, we're now on our fourth or fifth villain.

I know it's not the truth but it sure seems like I've been watching this show for a couple of years.

I think the reason I like the Batman universe so much is it's more real life-like. The villains are mostly people that could exist in this world. Not universe ball busting dudes. Take away the vat of acid leading to a white face part of the Joker story and you have the Unabomber. Someone who wanted chaos.

Anyway, they've done well with this show.
    I have only watched the first two seasons of "Ozark" so far, but enjoyed them both. It is not "Breaking Bad" level good, but it is a solid show. I am planning to watch season #3 once I finish the most recent season of "Narcos".

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    At some point a couple decades ago, the writers of Batman comics got sick of over-powered villains and someone got the idea that hey, these guys are really crime lords. Then things got real.
    I wonder if the animated show of the '90's was the impetus for the changes. Or the result of the changes made in the comics. I'm not a Batman historian so I don't know all the villains and story lines over many years but most of what I remember is more real life than, say, Superman.

You wouldn't see Batman fighting the Silver Surfer, even though he wasn't technically the bad guy but you get my drift. I guess, though, he was part of the Justice League(that's the name, right?) so he probably did get into it with some otherworldly characters. I just don't remember much of that even though I did watch that as a kid.

Anyway, the show has certainly gone the crime lord route and it's really fun to watch.

Ok, off topic. I still hate DirecTV. Got new equipment from them right when the pandemic hit and it still does some of the same problems.

Almost every episode of Golic & Wingo stops at the three minute mark for about a minute. It never happens on any other ESPN program I record, so why is it still happening in the same show at the same time, just like the old equipment?

Little glitches like that are still happening and everything is new and different than what we had, so why is it doing the same damned things? It just stopped in the show I was watching and I had to reset it. Are you kidding me? Why in the hell can't I get something that works the way it's supposed to?

It was supposed to record Dispatches From Elsewhere tonight but didn't. I got lucky and caught it so recorded the replay but come on, it should do what it's supposed to do. Why does no one else have these problems? Is this Skynet starting up?

Ok, enough of my whining but man it's got my gears grinded a bit.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 04-28-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Holy shit. I gotta give a huge thumbs up to Jason Segal and Dispatches. Not sure I really got it but wow, that was a great finale.

It's all about the little victories.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Just finished season one last night...definitely didn't see that coming!

Excellent season!
    Just finished Season 3...definitely DID see that coming, but still an excellent season! I actually thought it was the strongest so far.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

just finished McMillions (about the mafia-linked scandal to steal $25,000,000 from the McDonalds Monopoly contest) - really fun though the doc spent too much time with the 'prize winners' who quite frankly weren't that interesting. wish it was 4 episodes instead of 6. but man, great story. the main FBI dude was like a real Brooklyn Nine-Nine character.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Just finished The Handmaids Tale season 3. Quite horrible at times again. The strange thing though is that when you've read the two novels by Margaret Atwood the story in the series is very different. And it's clear there should be a season 4 (aired maybe late 2020), which makes it hard for me to go on as I don't like to watch series that are longer than 3 seasons. Well, who knows I get into that fourth one after all to see how their take on the original story will be.

Just finished Homeland. Very disappointing ending. It’s like they got tired and just wrapped up no matter the implausibility of the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Just finished Homeland. Very disappointing ending. It’s like they got tired and just wrapped up no matter the implausibility of the ending.
    Homeland lost me in the 3rd season. I loved it when it first started out, but it just did not seem to be able to maintain momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Mandy Patinkin is notorious for getting bored with shows. Most he left, rather than phoning it in.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Finished the HBO-series Chernobyl, which was aired recently by Belgium TV. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Finished the HBO-series Chernobyl, which was aired recently by Belgium TV. Impressive.
    We just watched it a couple of weeks ago too, and I thought it was very well done. On the other hand, I live 45 minutes directly east of a nuclear power plant so it scared the shit out of me.

On Monday nights the AMC Channel showed the first two episodes of the (new, I think) Creepshow. The first one was with Adrienne Barbeau. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We just watched it a couple of weeks ago too, and I thought it was very well done. On the other hand, I live 45 minutes directly east of a nuclear power plant so it scared the shit out of me.
    I'd bet the series was great but I'd still suggest, as I have before, to watch the real doc about what happened. It's more real than what you just watched as it's the real story with the real people, including Gorbachev.

Moving on, can I talk about the end of the last season of Westworld just yet? I don't want to be Herm Edwards saying the bad guys got dragons.

But using Floyd's Brain Damage on player piano at the end was kinda brilliant.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 05-06-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Moving on, can I talk about the end of the last season of Westworld just yet?
    Fine with me. I think they dropped the ball on this one after showing some promise early in the season. They like to hint at big issues like free will vs control but never really make a point. Some great acting though.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I loved it, not as confusing as the second season but still loads to digest and the acting was top notch.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I'd bet the series was great but I'd still suggest, as I have before, to watch the real doc about what happened. It's more real than what you just watched as it's the real story with the real people, including Gorbachev.

Moving on, can I talk about the end of the last season of Westworld just yet? I don't want to be Herm Edwards saying the bad guys got dragons.

But using Floyd's Brain Damage on player piano at the end was kinda brilliant.
    Is the Chernobyl documentary on any particular service? I would definitely be interested in watching it.

Just finished season 2 of Narcos Mexico. Really enjoyed it. It is interesting to look into real life vs the series. They play around with timelines a bit and some of the characters are composites, but the show is relatively accurate.

I am guessing season 3 will be the rise of El Chapo.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Re: Westworld...I enjoyed the season, but it was definitely the weakest of the three thus far. The shortened season and the creators desire to 'dumb it down' (so to speak) I think contributed to all the issues I had with it. It also seems like it did a lot of setup for next season, so I'm going to reserve final judgement to see how these loose ends connect. That said, episode 6 was one of the finest in the series and episode 2 was also up there.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Is the Chernobyl documentary on any particular service? I would definitely be interested in watching it.
    There are a couple documentaries. Belgium TV broadcasted one before the series, made by Jan Balliauw.

Here's another, The Real Chernobyl:

What I liked about the series is that before the credits of the final episode they showed what happened to the real people and that the role of the fictive femal scientist was in fact the personification of a couple of scientists in one person.