Page 130 of 328 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I don't know what I just watched, other than the title: Mr. Robot.
    Which season? Or did you binge all four?

This is a show that needs bingeing because watching it as it was released disrupts a person's interest in it when you consider there are only 13 episodes a season and given how convoluted the plot is. I bailed on it, either after the end of season 2 or towards the end of it. Once season 4 is released, I'm going back to watch the whole thing. It's an incredible show.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I heard the Witcher was supposed to get better after about the first couple of episodes. I was curious about The Watchman series as well. Amazon has the fourth season of The Expanse up and running, but I haven't watched it as I want to rewatch Season Three.
    thanks. I'm literally only like 1 episode into the 2nd Season, but plan to eventually catchup and watch the new season as well.

Currently I'm still working on Marvel's Runaways Season 3 on HULU and I have yet to watch The End of the Fucking World Season 2 on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don't watch every episode, but have watched many and there is something about it that is addicting. I have no Illusions that they will ever actually find anything, but it is fun to watch.
    They are finding stuff but it's just not the stuff we want to see. Heck, they are just finally getting to where they might know where the pit is as it's only been lost to history for 150 years give or take. It's gonna take time.

The money is all the Lagina's. According to a guy from Canada who visited OA last summer the show actually serves as a hindrance to Rick but in no way controls what is going on. The Lagina's were on this project long before there was a show, it's their money and they call the shots.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Last night while watching the new Christmas Carol on FX, there was a teaser trailer for the new season of Fargo. The mafia in 1950s Kansas City (led by Jason Schwartzman, who looks hilarious) is going up against an African American syndicate (led apparently by Chris Rock).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Anyone a fan of NETFLIX Documentaries? Just watched THE CONFESSION KILLER and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just how much to believe is the grey area, but regardless, it does explain the ongoing issues with the US justice system...the story of Henry Lee Lucas, the so called serial killer of all time and his relationship with the Texas Rangers police.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Amazon sent me a recommendation for season 1 of American Gods. I read the descriptive blurb on their website, and it sounds up-it's-own-ass ridiculous. Has anyone seen any of this, and is it worth checking out?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The source book is superb, the first season was great, second season still good. But yes its bonkers.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Amazon sent me a recommendation for season 1 of American Gods. I read the descriptive blurb on their website, and it sounds up-it's-own-ass ridiculous. Has anyone seen any of this, and is it worth checking out?
    Haven't seen it but the book is really good. I gotta (find it, so I can) re-read it and move to the next book Anansi Boys.

There's also Good Omens, written by Neil Gaiman(American Gods) and Terry Pratchett (Discworld series) - a great pairing. Recently re-read this and this trailer looks like so much fun. David Tennant as Crawley is perfect casting.

Good Omens is superb, excellent show.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Anyone catch Eddie Murphey hosting SNL this weekend? He brought back a lot of his old characters and it was quite funny.

Anyone catch Eddie Murphey hosting SNL this weekend? He brought back a lot of his old characters and it was quite funny.
    It was fun seeing those characters again with just some twists to keep them current. I suspect that 50% of Gumby's lines on Weekend Update were unscripted. The victory lap he took on Bill Cosby was quite fitting.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Forgot about that. Sounds like it was good. Always liked Gumby(dammit).

I did catch the All in the Family/Good Times live show. GT is something that I barely remember from childhood so it was interesting to see that it was more than just a sitcom. These live shows, they've gotten this down pretty good. Marissa Tomei still kills it as Edith.

Amazon had a major promotional push for Good Omens when it came out, but it didn't resonate with me. I greatly respect the 2 authors of the source material, but wasn't aware of their work, and Amazon didn't mention them.

I'm a huge Pratchett & Gaiman fan so I'd been following media ever since it was rumored to be going into production.
    Ian

Good Omens -
    Book=Great
    Series=Also great.
    Loved both.

I watched the 2 part finale of Mr Robot Sunday. A brilliant series. One of TV's all time best. The ending was perfect.
    Currently attempting to catch up on all of the chaos in the Market Square.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Forgot about that. Sounds like it was good. Always liked Gumby(dammit).

I did catch the All in the Family/Good Times live show. GT is something that I barely remember from childhood so it was interesting to see that it was more than just a sitcom. These live shows, they've gotten this down pretty good. Marissa Tomei still kills it as Edith.

Just started the first season of Sharp Objects (discussed here before on one or more of these 130 pages). Promises to be a special one!

I can't stomach SNL anymore, but I did watch because of Eddie and he did not disappoint. Love those old characters!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I can't stomach SNL anymore, but I did watch because of Eddie and he did not disappoint. Love those old characters!
    I still watch it fairly regularly. They have a talented cast right now, but the writing just does not seem to be there. I only find about 30% of each show funny most of the time. The weekend update segments are still mostly good.

Finished Season 1 of Watchmen the other night. Imo, it's worth watching, but isn't up to the level of the movie, and I can't compare it to the graphic novel. There are 9 episodes, but I would say that eps 1-7 are pretty much laying groundwork, and things come together in the last 2 episodes.

So, perhaps a tepid endorsement, but fans of what has come before should see it.

Anyone check out this utterly daft Witcher series on Netflix? Game of Thrones levels of violence and nudity but it's got this crazy heart that's all Xena/Merlin/Buffy. And there's this jumbling of timelines that's a little perplexing but I don't know how they would have done it any other way. Oh, they have a bard. He has this devastating earworm of a song about the importance of paying your Witcher. I have binged most of it and will probably finish it off today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone check out this utterly daft Witcher series on Netflix? Game of Thrones levels of violence and nudity but it's got this crazy heart that's all Xena/Merlin/Buffy. And there's this jumbling of timelines that's a little perplexing but I don't know how they would have done it any other way. Oh, they have a bard. He has this devastating earworm of a song about the importance of paying your Witcher. I have binged most of it and will probably finish it off today or tomorrow.
    I'm two episodes in and enjoying it, it certainly has that Xena/Merlin/Buffy feel that I really like in this kind of thing. You either have to be very serious of have just the right amount of tongue in cheek.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I finished it a few days ago. I enjoyed it enough, thought it was fun, but there was definitely a good chunk of corn. If there is another season I'd continue on....good late night viewing.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I didn't care for the trailer, but may give it a chance after reading the takes here. I usually only like the Sword & Sorcery if it's done well and not over the top (which eliminates most of it, ) and the trailer had the needle in the red.

the trailer had the needle in the red
    Oh hell, there are points in this where they bury the fucking needle. Ask us not about Sir Hedgehog!