Page 127 of 329 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    They started from scratch. Also, they begin with what I understand is some prequel material. They will cover all the books in two years.
    ...and by that time the second trilogy should be complete so they can keep going for another two years.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Rick and Morty should be must see tv for anyone with an IQ over 1. Just got done with ep4.1 and it was totally brilliant. If you don't watch the show then you must be a fascist(see ep 4.1 to get the joke).

Really sucks, there won't be any more after this season as one of the two guys responsible for the show just up and died a few weeks ago. Just remember to always have a plumbus. Everyone needs a plumbus.

Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Well, the new Disney streaming service has debuted. Do we want to discuss it here or does it need a thread of its own? I do note that it appears that the House of Mouse has made its peace with the House of Bezos. I turned my TV input to Fire Stick and there was Disney Plus in my options. $7. Man, that is tempting.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Well, the new Disney streaming service has debuted. Do we want to discuss it here or does it need a thread of its own? I do note that it appears that the House of Mouse has made its peace with the House of Bezos. I turned my TV input to Fire Stick and there was Disney Plus in my options. $7. Man, that is tempting.
    I don't care about Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or anything else they have. I'm in the minority here, I know that, but I just don't care at all.

Do I sound like the get off my lawn guy?

Jerol, I thought I read that there is a huge overlap with the Disney content and the Prime content, so if you have Prime, you may just be wasting your money. (I'm not certain, so maybe more research is required.)

From what I understand, the House of Mouse has been stripping away content from Amazon and Netflix for months. There are some Marvel titles floating around but it's gonna end. My wife would probably veto adding Disney but if I told her that all those old Dean Jones movies like That Darn Cat are on there she'd be SIGN UP NOW! I do understand that there's another glaring edit to the "Han Shoots First" scene and it's a new level of ridiculous. Supposedly it's one that Lucas made a few years ago before selling out. If they fix that shit it will be another temptation. And yes, Han did shoot first.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

You can always check it out first. I went to their site and they are offering a free one week trial.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I do understand that there's another glaring edit to the "Han Shoots First" scene and it's a new level of ridiculous.
    What are you talking about? Sorry, I've never paid any attention to the arguments around the minutiae of Star Wars. Other than making the "Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."

And yes, Han did shoot first.
    That was a point of contention???
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

That was a point of contention???
    The Great Nerd War of 1998 was fought over it.

Lucas made a severe edit in the 90s adding lots of creatures and extra CGI, but the most egregious error was changing the scene so the bounty hunter Greedo shoots first. It ruins the notion that Solo is the kind of a guy that would fire first with a gun the bounty hunter doesn't even see.

Ok, just finished the season finale of AHS:1984 and I am really confused. IMDB says Dylan McDermott was in the last three episodes but damned if I've seen him. I even went back over tonight's finale and I just am not seeing him. I didn't notice his name in the credits until tonight's episode and was wondering how they were going to bring him back or whatever as the IMDB page has him as three different characters over the course of the series.

Anyway, if you like cheese this season has tons of cheese. It's obviously meant to be cheesy but wow they went full on with it. There were ONLY four serial killers in it. I won't give anymore away as it has to be seen to get the full measure of ridiculousness. Kajagoogoo and Billy Idol, man!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I don't watch that show, but google shows...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Great Nerd War of 1998 was fought over it.

...but the most egregious error was changing the scene so the bounty hunter Greedo shoots first. It ruins the notion that Solo is the kind of a guy that would fire first with a gun the bounty hunter doesn't even see.
    Maybe to make it more kid friendly?

Fuckin' own it, George.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I don't watch that show, but google shows...
    Yeah, my sis clued me in and I felt stupid. Dammit, though, that doesn't look like him. I must be losing it.

Season 2 is up on Netflix.

I know that's 1 thing I'll be binging this Thanksgiving week/end.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    NICE! Loved the first season!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Just finished up The Man In the High Castle. Loved it! Substantially different than the PKD book, but still fantastic. Ending was a little bit of a letdown, but not too bad.

Finishing up season 3 of The Crown tonight. It has been excellent, and what a cast this time around! Charles Dance is one of those mesmerizing actors, like Anthony Hopkins for example, who I can't look away from. Such a commanding on screen presence. Nice to have Derek Jacobi make an appearance as well. Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies are both outstanding in the two lead roles.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I just finished season 2 of "Peaky Blinders", and have started on season 3. Really enjoying it so far. I think there are 5 total seasons?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I keep meaning to start that show
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I watched the first few episodes of Evil on CBS. If you know nothing about it, this is the premise: a guy in training to become a priest works with psychiatrist Kristen Bouchard and a tech expert investigating supernatural events for the Catholic Church to determine if they're real or not. It stars Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Katja Herbers (Emily onWestworld), Aasif Mandvi (The Daily Show), and Michael Emerson as a psychologist who works in the DA's office.

I missed 2 or 3 episodes and was about to bail on it until last night, when I watch last week's episode. This show got interesting! I'm now going back to watch the ones I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I just finished season 2 of "Peaky Blinders", and have started on season 3. Really enjoying it so far. I think there are 5 total seasons?
    Great show! Love the time period. I'm in the process of watching Season 5 now.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I watched the first few episodes of Evil on CBS. If you know nothing about it, this is the premise: a guy in training to become a priest works with psychiatrist Kristen Bouchard and a tech expert investigating supernatural events for the Catholic Church to determine if they're real or not. It stars Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Katja Herbers (Emily onWestworld), Aasif Mandvi (The Daily Show), and Michael Emerson as a psychologist who works in the DA's office.

I missed 2 or 3 episodes and was about to bail on it until last night, when I watch last week's episode. This show got interesting! I'm now going back to watch the ones I missed.
    I was curious about this one, but couldn't pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I was curious about this one, but couldn't pull the trigger.
    Nothing's given me goose bumps, yet, but there have been elements that were a little creepy. So far, this show has been walking a tightrope between the rational & the supernatural. Michael Emerson is an antagonist but you're not really sure if he's just an asshole or a demon. And then there's an incubus that keeps appearing in Kristen's dreams. But is he real? Last week's episode had a couple moments that were supernatural. However, the protagonists had been drinking sangria laced with psilocybin so you're left wondering if it those moments were real or hallucinations. There is, however, what appears to be a supernatural element to this show that is slowly building becoming more prevalent as the show goes on. Like I said, I was about to bail on the show until I watched last week's episode.

If I've changed your mind, you can stream the past episodes on CBS.com without needing to subscribe to their bullshit All Access service. And unlike Fox's streaming service, CBS isn't showing commercials, amazingly, so an hour long episode is actually only around 42 minutes.

Nothing's given me goose bumps, yet, but there have been elements that were a little creepy. So far, this show has been walking a tightrope between the rational & the supernatural. Michael Emerson is an antagonist but you're not really sure if he's just an asshole or a demon. And then there's an incubus that keeps appearing in Kristen's dreams. But is he real? Last week's episode had a couple moments that were supernatural. However, the protagonists had been drinking sangria laced with psilocybin so you're left wondering if it those moments were real or hallucinations. There is, however, what appears to be a supernatural element to this show that is slowly building becoming more prevalent as the show goes on. Like I said, I was about to bail on the show until I watched last week's episode.

If I've changed your mind, you can stream the past episodes on CBS.com without needing to subscribe to their bullshit All Access service. And unlike Fox's streaming service, CBS isn't showing commercials, amazingly, so an hour long episode is actually only around 42 minutes.
    Appreciate the summary man! I can watch the season for free on demand from my cable tv. May give this a shot after a finish up 'Peaky Blinders' new season.