Page 125 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Netflix recently added a second season of the latest Matt Groening show:" Disenchantment". I like it. It's not about belly laughs but there are a few good ones along the way. The show runs as one continuous fantasy story and the world building is actually pretty good.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Hard to check through 125 pages to see if this has been covered, but has anyone brought up Lucifer?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

We watched the first season of Lucifer and I thought the first half of the season was fun, but it ran out of steam toward the end, even to the point of making him annoying. Done with that now, there's better things to waste my time with.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    We watched the first season of Lucifer and I thought the first half of the season was fun, but it ran out of steam toward the end, even to the point of making him annoying. Done with that now, there's better things to waste my time with.
    I have to agree here. One season was enough.

I would love to see some more solid horror/thriller series out there. Any recs?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

^ Is that new series Evil going to be any good? It's Network, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah...I tend to shy away from regular TV channels with all the fluff, but I'd be curious to hear any thoughts on this one.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That was my attitude, as well, but occasionally network shows may surprise you.

I've got it set to record. It's replaying tonight at 10:30, iirc (it's original time slot is Thu at 10). It's also available to stream on CBS's website right now.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Watched Evil last night. It certainly doesn't appear to be a typical network show, not yet anyway. Will definitely keep with this one for a while and see where it goes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Watched Evil last night. It certainly doesn't appear to be a typical network show, not yet anyway. Will definitely keep with this one for a while and see where it goes.
    I watched it last night. I thought it was good.

Something I noticed is that the show is executive produced by husband & wife team, Robert and Michelle King. After double checking, I discovered it was created by them, too... which is usually the case. For anyone not aware, they were the creative team behind The Good Wife.

This bodes very well for the show to not do anything stupid.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

RED ALERT

On Thursday, AXS TV will air: Rock Legends: Progressive Rock - By the dawn of the seventies, progressive rock freed bands of the limitations of four-minute songs, allowing musicians to evolve a single track over a whole side of vinyl, draw on classical sources and create music in more complex, time signatures. Moog Synthesizers were portable and affordable, allowing bands to create orchestral effects. Such devices added a spectrum of new sounds and possibilities for musicians. This new world brought artists such as Rush, Yes & Atomic Rooster into the mainstream

Edit: I just checked the DVR, the program is only half an hour long. Oh, fuck that!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    This new world brought artists such as Rush, Yes & Atomic Rooster into the mainstream
    Even before reading your edit, I thought to myself, "fuck that," when I saw Rush and Atomic Rooster in the description.

RED ALERT

On Thursday, AXS TV will air: Rock Legends: Progressive Rock - By the dawn of the seventies, progressive rock freed bands of the limitations of four-minute songs, allowing musicians to evolve a single track over a whole side of vinyl, draw on classical sources and create music in more complex, time signatures. Moog Synthesizers were portable and affordable, allowing bands to create orchestral effects. Such devices added a spectrum of new sounds and possibilities for musicians. This new world brought artists such as Rush, Yes & Atomic Rooster into the mainstream

Edit: I just checked the DVR, the program is only half an hour long. Oh, fuck that!
    You'd think a show dedicated to prog rock would be six hours minimum. And that's just Part 1.

Binged season 1 (only 6 episodes at 25 mins each anyway) of Fleabag, and found it uproariously funny! Will probably watch season 2 in a day as well. Very good.

Watched the first episode of Criminal: UK and the acting was very good, but I found it a bit 'short story'-like, a tad rushed. Each episode is a different case, and I feel like this first one could have been it's own season, had they fleshed out the story and made it a bit more like a typical British detective series. But it was still good.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Netflix just added a second season of "Explained". I find that show very interesting, even when they talk about topics I shouldn't be interested in...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Binged season 1 (only 6 episodes at 25 mins each anyway) of Fleabag, and found it uproariously funny! Will probably watch season 2 in a day as well. Very good.

Watched the first episode of Criminal: UK and the acting was very good, but I found it a bit 'short story'-like, a tad rushed. Each episode is a different case, and I feel like this first one could have been it's own season, had they fleshed out the story and made it a bit more like a typical British detective series. But it was still good.
    Where did you watch Fleabag Lorne?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Fleabag is on Prime, and I agree, funny shit! Season 2 is available now as well.

I'm Sorry is back on NF for season 2. I'm 2 eps in so far and not finding it as laugh-out -oud funny as the first season was (but hoping it'll pick up). With that said, there's some great laughs, but season 1 was wall to wall outrageous.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Where did you watch Fleabag Lorne?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Fleabag is on Prime, and I agree, funny shit! Season 2 is available now as well.
    Yes, Prime, and I'm really looking forward to season 2!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just about already a genius in my book.

Fleabag & Killing Eve out of the same mind! Beyond impressive imo.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just about already a genius in my book.

Fleabag & Killing Eve out of the same mind! Beyond impressive imo.
    I knew of her involvement with KE, but that's it. I looked her up and recognize her but have no idea what I could have seen her in because I haven't seen anything she's acted in. After looking further, it was the Emmys, 3 of which she won for actress, writing, and comedy series all for Fleabag.

BTW, she was also the creator/writer and an actress in Crashing, which sounds interesting. It's on Netflix.

I believe the only thing I remember her from was Broadchurch, where she played the defense attorney's assistant (not a comedy show, by any stretch!) I wasn't a fan of Killing Eve (I know, I'm the sole occupant of the planet who isn't), so I didn't even realize she was affiliated with that.

I wasn't a fan of Killing Eve
    The Twelve have been informed. A young woman with an accent (could be Russian, could be French, whatever she feels like) will be at your door soon. By all means, let her in.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The Twelve have been informed. A young woman with an accent (could be Russian, could be French, whatever she feels like) will be at your door soon. By all means, let her in.

for some reason, i've suddenly started watching all streaming stuff when before, i would never turn on Netflix or Amazon. some shows off the top of my head that i liked..

The Good Place s1-3 (very funny imo)
    The Boys
    The Messengers
    Legacies s1
    The Originals s1-5
    The Widow s1
    The I-Land
    Iron Fist s1-2
    Jessica Jones s1-3
    Hunted

there are probably others
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    for some reason, i've suddenly started watching all streaming stuff when before, i would never turn on Netflix or Amazon. some shows off the top of my head that i liked..

The Good Place s1-3
    et al
    The Good Place is a great show and definitely binge-worthy.

Anyone see Bob (Hearts) Abishola? It stars Billy Gardell (formerly of Mike & Molly) and Folake Olowofoyeku as the title characters. I liked it. Yeah, it's kind of a typical network sitcom, but that's all the networks are good for, anymore. Unless you like reality shows, which I hate.

If anyone is on the fence or was somewhat interested, I should point out it's another Chuck Lorre show. He's the brains behind Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom, and Young Sheldon. He's also the creator of Netflix's The Kominsky Method, which is probably the funniest sitcom in a long time... if, like me, you love Jewish humor and like Alan Arkin (don't know how he didn't win the Emmy for his role in that show).