Page 11 of 329 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I don't know of this Aquarious one...

However, if you loved Californication (loved the humour as well), you might like:
    - You're The Worst (into their second season)
    and
    - Sex & Drugs & Rock'n Roll (just one season so far)
    Thanks for those suggestions, Hugues.
    I have not watched any of these yet, I don't think they are being aired here

Current favourites are Fargo and The Leftovers.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    I watch
    - VIKINGS waiting for new season to begin, but not happy with the rumour that Ragnar Lothbrok will die. bah
    Still my favorite show on TV.

Also watching The Bastard Executioner and American Horror Story . TBE suffers from historical inaccuracies, as shows of its kind usually do, but is otherwise good. AHS seems to be falling into the common Horror trap of going for shock and depravity in lieu of telling a good story. Not certain I'll stick with it.

Been watching:

TWD- sticking with it though it's starting to get harder and harder to suspend my disbelief...

Orange Is The New Black- Wasn't sure what to make of this series at first, but halfway through the 2nd season now and it's actually pretty good. Never too funny, never too serious.

Hell On Wheels- Took me 4 or 5 episodes to get into it, but really enjoying it now. Just recently found out that this is a Canadian production made for AMC.

Bojack Horseman- Probably the funniest animated show on TV right now (alongside the excellent Archer)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    A friend's father died earlier this year so he decided to redo the interior of the first floor. Had to pull the carpet and wood floors and screw all the sub floor to the floor joists, talk about a squeaky floor. Put down new wood floors, took out the wall between living room and kitchen and rewired the lights and recepticles. Gutted the kitchen and redid that. He has FIOS and a shitload of channels so while working there he turned me onto a couple series. I went through The Brink which was pretty good, then I went through Banshee which was good but unbelievable with gorgeous naked women in the sex scenes. Now I an watching Fargo. Couldn't get season one but just finished watching season two. They had these three mafia guys from Kansas City, one black guy who did the talking and two Billy Jack looking guys with short beards and trench coats that are brothers. One scene the sheriff has a confrontation with them and he already knew their names from the other sheriff who stopped and questioned them. The sheriff says "You must be Milligan and the Kitchen brothers". Then Milligan, the black guy says, "You say that like we are a prog rock band". It just seemed totally out of place for that show.
    There is a thread about that scene on the main board. If you like the 2nd season of Fargo you should check out the first. The second season is a prequel to the first so there is a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Yeah, very cute naked ladies, but the extreme violence is such a turn off , though

It's not just the gun killings , but those endless kung fu fights for no good reasons

not sure I'll watch season 4
    My dad loves this show and keeps trying to get me to watch it. I may check it out once I get caught up on some of the other things I am watching.

suits. rectify. narco. downton abbey

Suits- On my list of upcoming shows to watch once I go through what I'm currently watching

Rectify- Enjoyed it but it ended abruptly. Not sure if they were cancelled of if more shows are in the works.

Narcos- Really enjoyed this. Looking forward to another season

Also hoping Netflix brings us a second season of Marco Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    There is a thread about that scene on the main board. If you like the 2nd season of Fargo you should check out the first. The second season is a prequel to the first so there is a connection.
    For some reason it wouldn't bring up season one so I had to watch season two. The butcher reminded of Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction. You would have bet the farm both would have been killed. The butcher may end up dead anyway.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Watching BROTHERHOOD season 2, didn't see S1.
    Watch new series called THE BRINK earlier today, it's a bit silly but I'll watch anything starring Jack Black. Tim Robbins is also is casted in these series, he is the Secretary of State.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    Watching BROTHERHOOD season 2, didn't see S1.
    Watch new series called THE BRINK earlier today, it's a bit silly but I'll watch anything starring Jack Black. Tim Robbins is also is casted in these series, he is the Secretary of State.
    The pilots are the guys to watch. They are both whacked out. The guy who hangs out with Jack Black is pretty good as well.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

for those Chicago Fire fans..

i know these guys
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

The 2nd season of Fargo is absolutely phenomenal. It may end up in my personal top three - ever.
    Last edited by Smörgåsbord; 12-01-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

That's an HBO series, correct? I'll have to find the BluRays at the library since Netflix does not carry any HBO shows...

Fargo is a FX production. I follow it on HBO Nordic in Sweden, one day after the US broadcast.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    The 2nd season of Fargo is absolutely phenomenal. It may end up in my personal top three - ever.
    Best show on television right now, without a doubt.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I've gotten a little behind on Fargo but I agree it's excellent; even better than the first season.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    Agree, Fargo is outstanding.

As much as You're The Worst's first season was really funny, the second is a real catastrophe (and the T&A is gone as well )
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Current favourites are Fargo and The Leftovers.
    I think they were the opening act for that prog-rock group Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers.

The TV Thread

We have a general thread for movies, so why not the tele?

I'll start with The Goldbergs. Reliving the '80's, literally. The guy who created it has based it all upon his real life and it's documented at the end of each episode with his home movies from back then. Since almost all of you lived through that decade you'll always find something to like, or dislike depending on your perspective.

A absolutely ridiculous show but I totally dig it. As a added plus, it has a bunch of Rush references.

Really bummed they cancelled Hannibal. That show was intense and I would like to have seen where they were going to end up at but oh well, it's gone.

South Park should have it's own thread as they are totally killing it this season.

The Muppets. Oh my, how good is this show? Totally digging the idiot Chip(I believe, the I.T. guy) and the rest, well, they are who they are and that's the joy of it. All those characters, Sam the eagle as the network censor, priceless.

Quite a few others I watch, Hell on Wheels, Mr. Robot, The Comedians, Orphan Black, The 100, TURN: Washington's Spies, 12 Monkeys, Better Call Saul, Satisfaction(that's one I never thought I'd watch but is quite interesting) and lastly, a "reality" show, the Curse of Oak Island as I really want to know what the hell is down there.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

This thread has been long running and might interest you:

Current fav US TV series

Goddammit, how the hell have I never seen that before?

You guys can close this one, I'll go over there.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    South Park should have it's own thread as they are totally killing it this season.

Orphan Black
    South Park is having its best season in years. Great stuff. Orphan Black I quit watching at the beginning of season 3 when they seemed to just be recycling the same plots from seasons 1 & 2.

I am merging this with the other thread FYI
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.