Page 118 of 329 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I don't think she was stretched too much in the acting department playing Kelly Bundy.
    She was pretty young there, and besides that what the part called for, which she did well.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    She was pretty young there, and besides that what the part called for, which she did well.
    Yeah, you guys. Stop picking on Christina. Just compare her Kelly Bundy with Suzanne Somer's Chrissy Snow. SS made CA look like Dame Judy Dench.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm halfway through the 4 episodes of Ava DuVernay's brilliant Netflix series When They See Us, the story of the wrongfully convicted "Central Park Five". It's damn powerful!

A karmic accident, which I can't help finding funny as hell, is that the head DA on the case, who recently as a backlash to this very film, resigned her positions on several boards, is played by Felicity Huffman, who is dealing with DA's herself as a defendant right now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm not picking on Christina, I thought she was great as Kelly Bundy, she owned the role, but it was hardly Shakespeare.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm halfway through the 4 episodes of Ava DuVernay's brilliant Netflix series When They See Us, the story of the wrongfully convicted "Central Park Five". It's damn powerful!

A karmic accident, which I can't help finding funny as hell, is that the head DA on the case, who recently as a backlash to this very film, resigned her positions on several boards, is played by Felicity Huffman, who is dealing with DA's herself as a defendant right now.
    On my list... Just watch less TV in the summer months..
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Watched another episode of the new Black Mirror season, Rachel, Jack And Ashley Too. Enjoyed it, but not among the best episodes of that show. I think I preferred the series in its earlier days, but it is still good.

Started the dark British comedy Flowers tonight, we've already burned through four episodes (they are only about 25 mins apiece) and it is excellent IMO. Great cast.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Finished the Hot Zone. Meh. Me and my wife both read the book back in the day and all the Hollywood story elements that are wedged into what is already a compelling and frightening story just killed it for us. That makes it twice that Hollywood has blown this story.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

What/If, Season 1 of a new Netflix series with Renee Zellweger as a truly amoral, conniving wrecker of lives who's a filthy rich investment player. Very well done and all the actors are superb. Hitchcockian twists abound.

A different kind of thriller.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

that show had comparisons to Indecent Proposal, which I like her (Bridget Jones Diary namely) but I'm not sure how crazy I would be about seeing her in such a conniving, creepy role in a series.

Veronica Mars on Hulu Revival trailer

Last edited by mnprogger; 06-17-2019 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

My son JUST recommended this to Den and I, saying it's fantastic! Will def have to check it out.

Finished "Dead To Me"...quite enjoyed it! I love Christina Applegate. maybe I'm getting old, but she's cuter than ever.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Endeavour is back on PBS, excellent as usual.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

What/If was in my "maybe" pile. I may give it a shot down the road. Watched 2 of the newest Black Mirrors and while both are good enough, there seems to be lacking a little something. Finishing up season 5 of Arrested Development. Still find it funny. The cast can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Endeavour is back on PBS, excellent as usual.
    Oh man, I loved Endeavour. So glad it's back for another season.

Y: The Last Man names Eliza Clark who I know best from Rubicon, as the new Show Runner

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...runner-1219397

only a couple of weeks away from Stranger Things Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    only a couple of weeks away from Stranger Things Season 3

I was trying not to watch the new trailer because I wanted to keep things as fresh as possible when it premiered -- but last night I caved and watched it anyway.

Glad I did! It looks like they have significantly upped the ante, like it will be even bigger. Less than two weeks now... Cannot wait!

I sure hope season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale improves. So far I've found it excruciatingly dull in comparison to the first two excellent seasons.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I sure hope season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale improves. So far I've found it excruciatingly dull in comparison to the first two excellent seasons.
    I thought it started taking a nosedive in the second season already. I get the impression that American TV audiences cannot handle a true dystopian tale so the writers need to always veer the story towards a happy ending. I can almost assure you Offred will find her daughter and make it to Canada to be reunited with her husband and best friend. Along the way she will become the catalyst in overthrowing the Gilead government. May I be proven wrong, but that seems to be the direction they were taking at the end of Season 2.

I just hope nobody decides to make a 1984 series where Winston Smith defeats Big Brother.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I keep seeing ads that say in honor of Stranger Things Season 3, Coca Cola is temporarily bringing back 1985's ill-fated New Coke.

Does Netflix have any series set in the 1880s?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I keep seeing ads that say in honor of Stranger Things Season 3, Coca Cola is temporarily bringing back 1985's ill-fated New Coke.

Does Netflix have any series set in the 1880s?
    LOL! Coca made with Coca?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I thought it started taking a nosedive in the second season already. I get the impression that American TV audiences cannot handle a true dystopian tale so the writers need to always veer the story towards a happy ending. I can almost assure you Offred will find her daughter and make it to Canada to be reunited with her husband and best friend. Along the way she will become the catalyst in overthrowing the Gilead government. May I be proven wrong, but that seems to be the direction they were taking at the end of Season 2.

I just hope nobody decides to make a 1984 series where Winston Smith defeats Big Brother.

I loved the first season, probably because it followed the novel so closely. It seemed like Offred was heading toward becoming a bit of a superhero toward the end of season 2, so I cancelled my Hulu sub, since THT was the only thing I really watched. Based on what I've been reading about season 3, I'm not inclined to re-up. Kind of disappointing, since I've been really a big Elisabeth Moss fan since Mad Men.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Check her out in Top of the Lake.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Check her out in Top of the Lake.
    That was very good. I still need to watch the second series.

I finished season 1 of Legion and have started season 2. I was going to check this show out last year because of an interview I saw with Aubrey Plaza, who I really like, but forgot about it. This show is weird but since I like weird I'm kinda liking it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe