Page 111 of 329 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I will have to search for it. I have not run across it on Netflix, but I have not really been looking for it either (since I did not it existed).
    I'm pretty sure I saw it listed the other day. But I could be wrong.

Edit: I was right. It's on there.
    Last edited by Hal...; 04-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Speaking of Netflix, has anyone else had trouble with it loading? Lately, I occasionally get a "Netflix Site Error" message. I thought maybe it was my ad blocker but when I checked, Netflix is set to trusted.

And speaking of ad blockers, a lot of websites, now, are somehow blocking video from loading if you've got an ad blocker running. I've noticed this with cable channels that stream online, news websites, and just today noticed the same problem with YouTube. Has anyone else noticed this?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw it listed the other day. But I could be wrong.

Edit: I was right. It's on there.
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Speaking of Netflix, has anyone else had trouble with it loading? Lately, I occasionally get a "Netflix Site Error" message. I thought maybe it was my ad blocker but when I checked, Netflix is set to trusted.

And speaking of ad blockers, a lot of websites, now, are somehow blocking video from loading if you've got an ad blocker running. I've noticed this with cable channels that stream online, news websites, and just today noticed the same problem with YouTube. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I sometimes run into the loading problem. I am never sure why it happens and it seems to be pretty random.

Anyone here a fan of "Deadliest Catch"? I have watched every season. The new one started this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Killing Eve is back for season 2 and off to a great start.
    "You hit me with a log? You hit we with a LOG?!". So love that sequence. "I'll skin your family alive!".

Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer are excellent in this show. Villanelle may be a psychopath(don't tell a psychopath they are a psychopath, btw) but she's one hell of a character. I totally didn't see that coming with the kid in the hospital, just for the record.

Oh, anyone see last weeks The Goldberg's? Great homage to This is Spinal Tap.

Another ETA. The Rush dude on The Goldberg's and Schooled is based upon a real guy. I just thought it was a joke character based upon those days but no, it's a real guy.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 04-11-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Santa Clarita Diet, Season 3. Did not disappoint.

Like everyone, I really like Abby (the daughter) and Eric (her friend) but I have really come to appreciate Sheila & Joel's (the parents) dialogue and their interactions. I rewatched S2 before starting S3 and I have to say, my one regret is that they didn't do more with Joel & Gary. There was a wealth of humor they could have mined from that friendship.

Black Summer on Netflix. An 8 episode show that's sorta like 28 Days Later meets Fear The Walking Dead. I'm through episode 5 and it's been pretty good, altho there have been a couple of moments when the writing wasn't quite up to speed. But so far they've kept the idiocy at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I sometimes run into the loading problem. I am never sure why it happens and it seems to be pretty random.
    I found a solution. I had to "refresh" Firefox and that solved it. Of course, when you do that any add-ons are removed and Firefox reverts to its default setting. Netflix worked just fine on my PC before and then, suddenly, it didn't.

Another problem I had was the video on Netflix stuttering when playing through my PS3; the audio would be fine. A solution I found was to delete the Netflix app and then reinstall it. I haven't been able to completely try it out, yet, as I switched to watching the Masters, but a preliminary test looked as if it worked.

Update: It worked!
    Last edited by Hal...; 04-14-2019 at 10:03 PM.

I'm Sorry. Saw season 1 on Netflix. Often very funny with the protagonist played by Andrea Savage, whose character is a comedy writer and seems to have no filter. If you've seen it, I thought the best line of the season came in the last episode at the fertility clinic ("kinda like the reverse walk of shame").

Finished Black Summer, too. While not great, I still thought it was pretty good. Certainly better than the Walking Dead for most of the last 8 seasons. Or maybe I'm just reacting to tWD. It's worth a look. And it's on Netflix.

Anyone else watching/watched Absentia, on Amazon Prime?

The only "star" that I recognize is Stana Katic, playing a much less glamorous role than what the played on Castle.

She plays an FBI agent that is abducted and tortured for six years, most notably in a water-filled tank that seemingly has no escape. She's thought to be dead, her husband (also an FBI agent) looks for her for about a year, then decides to move on and re-marry. Then, she suddenly appears.

Lots more going on, and more seems to be presented each episode. We just finished ep. 6 of 10, and we're really enjoying it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Episode 2 of Killing Eve was another stellar effort. I loved the old lady making her escape on Vill's heels.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Anyone else watching/watched Absentia, on Amazon Prime?

The only "star" that I recognize is Stana Katic, playing a much less glamorous role than what the played on Castle.

She plays an FBI agent that is abducted and tortured for six years, most notably in a water-filled tank that seemingly has no escape. She's thought to be dead, her husband (also an FBI agent) looks for her for about a year, then decides to move on and re-marry. Then, she suddenly appears.

Lots more going on, and more seems to be presented each episode. We just finished ep. 6 of 10, and we're really enjoying it.
    We've gotten started on it but with lots of competing shows we're pretty slow getting through episodes. Seems pretty good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Episode 2 of Killing Eve was another stellar effort. I loved the old lady making her escape on Vill's heels.
    Said it before & I'll say it again...imo singularly the best episodic show on all of television or streaming right now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Said it before & I'll say it again...imo singularly the best episodic show on all of television or streaming right now.
    Except for GOT
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Except for GOT
    Someday maybe I'll watch GOT. Dragons & decapitations just aren't at the center of my wheelhouse, superb British acting notwithstanding.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Someday maybe I'll watch GOT. Dragons & decapitations just aren't at the center of my wheelhouse, superb British acting notwithstanding.
    Boobs and bloodshed.
    Ian

Watched the Rolling Stones documentary "Ole, Ole Ole" about their South American tour and show in Cuba a few years ago. I thought it was well done and i enjoyed it.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I am by no means a fan of the medieval fantasy genre, but the writing, ideas, production, and all the rest of the meat and potatoes of the thing easily outweighs the dragons and zombie army and black magic. IMHO.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I am by no means a fan of the medieval fantasy genre, but the writing, ideas, production, and all the rest of the meat and potatoes of the thing easily outweighs the dragons and zombie army and black magic. IMHO.
    Agree, I am not that much of a medieval fantasy guy either, but Game Of Thrones clicks all of the buttons. Incredible acting and the writing and production are top notch as well.

Someday maybe I'll watch GOT.

I tried watching GoT but I do not like it.

I am not a fantasy guy. Add the glorification of violence and a lot of unneeded nudity and you mainly have a lot of form over substance. Good acting does not save it. IMHO of course.

Nightflyers is turning out to be a decent series. Too bad it did not go beyond 1 season...

Any documentary fans here? The series "Losers" on Netflix has been very good. It's a misnomer as the people whose stories are being told are anything but. I have only 1 episode left and I have thoroughly enjoyed every one, even when the description had me going meh....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I envy the folks that can binge this show. I've been in since minute-one and it's fkn T O R T U R E waiting the week between eps, let alone the year (2 years in the case of the season 7-8 hiatus) between seasons. You certainly lose a lot of momentum from show to show/season to season. I've recently re-watched Seasons 1-7 in prep for the finale and I must say, it's even more brilliant back to back. Amazing stuff really. Easily my favorite show of all time. Let's hope season 8 pulls it together and leaves us all wowed and satisfied (unlike the L O S T atrocity. Perfection up to the trash season finale).

So get on it Steve. 73 eps of pure exhilaration heading your way.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Oh, and all those glorious natural boobies don't hurt either.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."