Page 110 of 330 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

^ Record it and watch with the FF on?

I should mention that I watch almost everything on a TiVo which, for many shows, has a skip function for commercials (as opposed to just fast forwarding). In fact, I watched a 2 hour show this morning in an hour & 20 minutes. It adds up.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Only thing I watch live is sports and even then I'll often start late and catch up by ff the commercials.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I watch almost nothing live, other than local news/weather/sports at times. I dvr all baseball, basketball & football games and make sure I'm watching a station or streaming something that isn't going to give me results before I want to watch & ff thru commercials. Same with any other shows that have commercials. Pay cable stations, Netflix & (commercial-free) Hulu I of course will watch live/on demand.

I watch a lot because I'm an old retired hippie hermit and can.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Game Of Thrones is about the only show I watch live on a regular basis, and that's because I want to see each new episode ASAP before any potential spoilers appear - not to mention there are no commercials. Basically everything else is DVR'd first so I can fast-forward any junk. Sitting through commercials is about the biggest waste of valuable time that I can think of, and I haven't watched one in probably over ten years. This comes in particularly handy with Saturday Night Live, which I watch every week, but my version is only about 40 minutes instead of 90. I always FF through the political opening sketch, the cast introduction (and subsequent two solid minutes of audience shrieking before the host can speak), the plentiful commercials, the musical guest (always atrocious) and anything involving Leslie Jones being herself.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned this show, ohh, uhhhhh... 15 months ago!

Like I said.. a little behind.....

Really enjoying Love ,Death & Robots too! Total eye candy! Another show that is a blast is the animated Trailer Park Boys. It's got a similar vibe to the original but they can go more places with the stories.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Speaking of GOT, once it begins could we please keep it out of this thread? I don't have HBO and will not see it until it is released on BluRay. I know it will be virtually impossible to not come across any spoilers, but I am hoping to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Speaking of GOT, once it begins could we please keep it out of this thread? I don't have HBO and will not see it until it is released on BluRay. I know it will be virtually impossible to not come across any spoilers, but I am hoping to do so.
    I made a separate thread for the new (final) season, so hopefully we can keep any spoilers contained in that specific thread. But you'll have to dodge some serious bullets in the time it will take before it is released on Blu-ray!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I know... Facebook will be crawling with posts, but I will do the best I can.

Killing Eve is back for season 2 and off to a great start. Unforgotten has just started again as well so got that cued up on the DVR.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Unforgotten has just started again as well so got that cued up on the DVR.
    Same here, looking forward to it. We've actually just finished a different series, River, which also featured Nicola Walker. It was excellent. Only six episodes so a fairly easy commitment.

Also debuting this coming Sunday night is the new BBC Masterpiece version of Les Misérables with Lily Collins, which I will certainly watch (although GoT will take priority).

Killing Eve is back for season 2 and off to a great start.
    That was one helluva opener. Vill and the kid in the hospital...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    That was one helluva opener. Vill and the kid in the hospital...
    It frightens me that for a change, I actually anticipated that, but it didn't make it any less .
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Like I said.. a little behind.....

Really enjoying Love ,Death & Robots too! Total eye candy! Another show that is a blast is the animated Trailer Park Boys. It's got a similar vibe to the original but they can go more places with the stories.
    I have not heard anything about an animated Trailer Park Boys. What netowrk is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have not heard anything about an animated Trailer Park Boys. What netowrk is it on?
    Watching it on Netflix... Is it possible it's only on Netflix Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    And she looked quite good in one particular scene when she removed that western garb as well.
    or rather, had it removed... Just watched that episode last night. Kinda graphic. I wasn't all that comfortable with it.... Unless your are referring to another scene, in a later episode, that seems more consensual...

or rather, had it removed... Just watched that episode last night. Kinda graphic. I wasn't all that comfortable with it.... Unless your are referring to another scene, in a later episode, that seems more consensual...
    I was referring to a scene where she seemed quite happy to remove her clothes... I haven't seen the scene you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I was referring to a scene where she seemed quite happy to remove her clothes... I haven't seen the scene you're talking about.
    Ahh. Haven't gotten there. I was referring to a flashback scene where she was "attacked".

what's going to be the Token epic-drama HBO or otherwise, that the hipsters will grab onto once Game of Thrones ends?

I wonder if it might be West World except I question if that show will be as good as it has been going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    what's going to be the Token epic-drama HBO or otherwise, that the hipsters will grab onto once Game of Thrones ends?

I wonder if it might be West World except I question if that show will be as good as it has been going forward.
    Well they are doing a Lord Of The Rings prequel thingie.
    Ian

And a ton of GoT spin-offs, correct?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    And a ton of GoT spin-offs, correct?
    Yup.
    Ian

Watching it on Netflix... Is it possible it's only on Netflix Canada?
    I will have to search for it. I have not run across it on Netflix, but I have not really been looking for it either (since I did not it existed).

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Well they are doing a Lord Of The Rings prequel thingie.
    Also a GOT prequel too.