Page 10 of 328 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

thx
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    FYI, the creator of Cougar Town was also the creator of Scrubs, which I thought was usually a funnier show. Cougar Town was dropped after the 3rd season by ABC and was picked up by TBS. It only lasted another 3 seasons, I think. Only the first two years were full seasons, tho. The rest were abbreviated seasons (~13 episodes). The last two seasons weren't quite as good as the first 4, I thought.
    I think most of what I have seen have been later season stuff. Honestly I had no idea it was on for 6 seasons. I was never much of a Scrubs fan, but what I have seen of Cougar Town grew on me a lot.

I'll see if I can check out Scrubs... Is there any T&A in there??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Has anybody watched "Marco Polo" ? I watched the 1st episode last night but was nodding off. Not through lack of interest but just because that's what happens when I watch a show on my iPad while lying in bed. I'll have to rewatch it. My understanding is that it's a show that fans love but critics panned....

Anyone? Bueller??

I have watched half the first season now and I'm enjoying it. I hope there will be a 2nd season. Fans of Game Of Thrones may find something to like here. It doesn't have the same budget and it not as well acted, but it's still got a good story line and lots of eye candy, esp. if you have a penchant for Asian women (and who doesn't ?)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Has anyone been watching Humans? I wouldn't say it's great but it's pretty good.
    So, I'd say about the first half weren't great, but this show has gotten very interesting. Overall, a really, really good show! Download or stream the season if you can; it's only 8 episodes long. It's also coming back next year.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Glad I stuck with Sense8 beyond the first episode. Became very compelling, plus I'm a big JMS/B5 fan. Right now, I'm enjoying Mr. Robot.

Episode 6 (or 7, not sure) of Season 1 of the ultra-funny TV series You're The Worst

The characters are playing Sunday Funday, with a bunch of inhabitual things to do, one of which is pick out a vinyl in a B&M store

The main chick picks a Genesis compilation (a fake one... all white sort of like Three Sides Live)... Her English dude looks at it considers it non-valid because it contains both PG and PC tracks. He asks her to either choose PG or PC, and she says both, not wanting to choose. Calls the choice lame and starts sulking until she chooses. Sensing a trap, but not knowing why or how, she refuses to do so...

He finally explains how Collins is lame and mushy (like the mainstream crowds they both loathe) and how Gabriel is so experimental and adventurous (which they both claim to be)... no real discussion on Genesis' music per se, but the PG/PC subject lingers throughout most of the episode

You're the Worst was my favorite comedy last year. Excellent show.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

You're the Worst was my favorite comedy last year. Excellent show.
    yeah, though episode 9 is a sort of prequel, and TBH, I thought the final episode was a little too mushy (not piquant enough)

They'll probably have to increase the cast if they're going to last, too. And if the first two or three episodes have good amounts of T&A, this disppears afterwards (still sex scenes, but the angles and close-ups are more conservatine)

I really dislike the following format of minimal content so called documentaries.
    I'm wondering how many more substance-less bullshit productions that TV company is going to produce, so far they have dished up three piles of steaming "mystery" dung:

The Curse of Oak Island
    Search for the Lost Giants
    Gold Hunt: Search for the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine in the Superstition Mountains

NFL Access (now that the season is beginning and fantasy football, this will dominate most viewing time which isn't much)
    The Walking Dead (will not miss)
    Fear the Walking Dead (will not miss)
    Family Guy (Gotta watch that stupid show)
    BBQ Pitmasters ( I don't know why but I love this show)
    AX Men (gotta catch the Shelby Stanga stuff)
    Greatest Tank Battles (I think the series is done)
    Moonshiners (I think the series is done)

My wife has gotten me into "Hell On Wheels". She has been watching it all along, but caught a few episodes of the current season and it hooked me. Just started back on season 1 on Netflix.

Hell on Wheels is great.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Hell on Wheels is great.
    Yea, I am really digging. Also like the fact that it is fairly historically accurate.

I was just mentioning this show in another thread. I was stating that I'd never seen an episode but it looked good. I'll have to add it to my Netflix list. I don't like to spread myself out too thin and I just started watching "Narcos" on Netflix, so I'll start this one after that one.

Currently loving the incredible natural humor of the latest series of Duck Dynasty ditto for Lost in Transmission....I haven't laughed so naturally at TV shows in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Currently loving the incredible natural humor of the latest series of Duck Dynasty ditto for Lost in Transmission....I haven't laughed so naturally at TV shows in a long time.

Are there T&A in those two series??

Personally, Sex & Drugs & RnR and You're The Worst are the best TV laughs since Californication

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    There is on Duck Dynasty, but they all have beards down to their knees.

2 I'm currently watching that should get a mention here. Both are Netflix Originals:

Bojack Horseman- The pilot was so-so but the series is proving to be as funny as anything I have watched in a long while!

Narcos- 10-episode mini series about Pablo Escobar. Not as violent as I expected nor filled with gratuitous sex. Most of the show is in Spanish with English subtitles which may deter some (though it adds authenticity imo). The show is narrated by the DEA agent on the case, which helps connect the dots. The use of actual Escobar footage also gives the show a documentary feel at times.

Lastly... I am late to the party because I had preconceived notions, but the 2014 version of COSMOS is proving to be as good as the original. Been watching that on Netflix as well....

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Personally, Sex & Drugs & RnR and You're The Worst are the best TV laughs since Californication
    My wife watched Californication while I was in the room. I don't recall seeing anything remotely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    My wife watched Californication while I was in the room. I don't recall seeing anything remotely funny.
    Last two seasons are not nearly as good... they might have stopped after season 4

A friend's father died earlier this year so he decided to redo the interior of the first floor. Had to pull the carpet and wood floors and screw all the sub floor to the floor joists, talk about a squeaky floor. Put down new wood floors, took out the wall between living room and kitchen and rewired the lights and recepticles. Gutted the kitchen and redid that. He has FIOS and a shitload of channels so while working there he turned me onto a couple series. I went through The Brink which was pretty good, then I went through Banshee which was good but unbelievable with gorgeous naked women in the sex scenes. Now I an watching Fargo. Couldn't get season one but just finished watching season two. They had these three mafia guys from Kansas City, one black guy who did the talking and two Billy Jack looking guys with short beards and trench coats that are brothers. One scene the sheriff has a confrontation with them and he already knew their names from the other sheriff who stopped and questioned them. The sheriff says "You must be Milligan and the Kitchen brothers". Then Milligan, the black guy says, "You say that like we are a prog rock band". It just seemed totally out of place for that show.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    then I went through Banshee which was good but unbelievable with gorgeous naked women in the sex scenes.
    Yeah, very cute naked ladies, but the extreme violence is such a turn off , though

It's not just the gun killings , but those endless kung fu fights for no good reasons

not sure I'll watch season 4

I watch
    - VIKINGS waiting for new season to begin, but not happy with the rumour that Ragnar Lothbrok will die. bah
    - Tried to watch BLACK SAILS, both seasons but somehow never got into it.
    - AQUARIOUS, I miss CALIFORNICATION, that was funny to watch.
    - BROTHERHOOD is ok I watch it.
    - THE FIXER
    - HOUSE OF CARDS (eagerly waiting for new season to start)
    - MADAME SECRETARY
    - THE GOOD WIFE
    - REVENGE (kind of lost interest already)
    - THE AMERICANS (losing interest now)
    - SUITS
    - BOARDWALK EMPIRE (We are delayed here, only season 4 now)
    - GAME OF THRONES (waiting for new season to start)
    - HOMELAND, I stopped watching after second season
    - BANSHEE, I have to agree what Hugues said above it's too bloody.
    - LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER
    I watch the Crime and Investigation Channel and DiscoveryI.D. channels, including Homicide Hunter among others.
    - CSI. CYBER, but I stopped watching, CSI MIAMI/NY etc. long ago, it became too about action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    - AQUARIOUS, I miss CALIFORNICATION, that was funny to watch.

I don't know of this Aquarious one...

However, if you loved Californication (loved the humour as well), you might like:
    - You're The Worst (into their second season)
    and
    - Sex & Drugs & Rock'n Roll (just one season so far)