Page 109 of 329 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Just found out Veronica Mars is coming back as a miniseries. Stoked about that. The movie that came out a few years ago was the last movie I've seen in a theater. Loved the show but the movie was a little disappointing. Loved Enrico what's his name Palazzo as the dad(also in Galaxy Quest).
    I feel the same about Veronica and am looking forward to the Miniseries.

Enrico Colantoni is the actor you're thinking of.

The problem with the movie in some ways was it just felt like an episode and nothing more. Plus it would have been cool to see her actually working for the FBI, which maybe the Miniseries will explore.

Finished Humans season 3, that was really enjoyable. Barry is now back, season 2 started tonight, as did Mrs. Wilson which I'll watch tomorrow since the first episode is two hours long.

We also watched the first episode of What We Do In The Shadows, a very funny new show with Matt Berry - will definitely be recording this one every Wednesday, some good laughs and a unique premise. Moving on soon to River, supposed to be a great crime/mystery series with Stellan Skarsgård in the lead role.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    We also watched the first episode of What We Do In The Shadows, a very funny new show with Matt Berry - will definitely be recording this one every Wednesday, some good laughs and a unique premise.
    The movie is absolutely hilarious so I'll have to check this out.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Started Hanna which looks promising.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^ Is that based on the movie Hanna, with Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett that came out a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^ Is that based on the movie Hanna, with Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett that came out a few years ago?
    Yes, but apparently the fairy tale element is taken out
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Mrs. Wilson which I'll watch tomorrow since the first episode is two hours long.
    Wow, this was excellent. Very well done so far, oozing with mystery and with good performances - particularly from Ruth Wilson, who is in fact playing her own grandmother (it's based on a true story). And I always like Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont from Game Of Thrones, among many others).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Catastrophe The show is a cringe comedy, but not one that generates uneasy laughter via unlikely situations. This show's situations and dialogue are all too real. Anyone who's been married for a while will recognize how real life will never let the ideal of marital bliss realize it's just a crock. The frustrations of child-rearing, the stress of career, the anguish of loss, annoying family and friends - it's the ability to get through all this crap together, and to recognize it's absurdity, is what successful marriage is truly all about. The comic chemistry, and writing, of co-stars Sharon Hogan and Rob Delaney is brilliant. As a couple, they never seem less than real - just a lot funnier and, frankly, meaner than most married folk. There are a few moments in this short season that fall to the level of "just plain comedy" and predictability, I'd say, but "Catastrophe" set it's bar very high. On Amazon Prime

We finished Manifest last night. My gf didn't really like it, but I think she was looking for more than was intended.

At the end of the day, it's really a supernatural/government conspiracy show. The dialogue isn't always stellar, and some of the story threads are a little silly, but I guess my expectations are lowered such that I'm impressed by a show that seems to have an end in mind. Or, at least a direction.

I wouldn't give it any awards, but it's a fun way to spend an hour.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

1st episode of Jordan Peele's The Twilight Zone

pretty good, although it's not going to get me to subscribe to CBS All Access

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    I feel the same about Veronica and am looking forward to the Miniseries.

Enrico Colantoni is the actor you're thinking of.

The problem with the movie in some ways was it just felt like an episode and nothing more. Plus it would have been cool to see her actually working for the FBI, which maybe the Miniseries will explore.
    The movie, IMO, had a lame ending for a who done it. I can't remember who done it as he was so unremarkable. Plus the friends hairstyle was totally ridiculous.

You would think I could get his name right as I also have a long Italian last name with lots of vowels but for some reason I can never remember his name.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

A little bit behind in many shows. Just watched the first 2 episodes of "Godless". I am liking it. Always a fan of the modern western. This show just convoluted enough to keep it interesting. Michelle Dockery looks better in western garb than 1920s fashion.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

You had me at "Michelle Dockery"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

These little Love, Death & Robots episodes are pretty damn awesome! The animation styles are fantastic and stories are all fun as hell. Not to mention perfect length for my ridiculously short attention span Just watched Lucky 13 last night and man that was real, real cool! Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    A little bit behind in many shows. Just watched the first 2 episodes of "Godless". I am liking it. Always a fan of the modern western. This show just convoluted enough to keep it interesting. Michelle Dockery looks better in western garb than 1920s fashion.
    And she looked quite good in one particular scene when she removed that western garb as well.

And she looked quite good in one particular scene when she removed that western garb as well.
    Not there yet! I have noticed that the Downton Abbey wardrobe downplayed her physique.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Y'all let me know which episode that is.

Finished bingeing Santa Clarita Diet season 3 on Netflix. I still love that show as much as I did at the beginning, and it was happily obvious to me that based on the 2 very interesting twists at the end of this season, there will be another.

All gore, dismemberment and cannibalism should be this hilarious.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Finished bingeing Santa Clarita Diet season 3 on Netflix. I still love that show as much as I did at the beginning, and it was happily obvious to me that based on the 2 very interesting twists at the end of this season, there will be another.

All gore, dismemberment and cannibalism should be this hilarious.
    I haven't started this yet, but will eventually. Season 2 was pretty cool, but didn't have the same firepower for me that Season 1 had. I've said it before here, but the neighbor kid and the daughter are freakin' hilarious. I like their scenes best...so much sarcasm to be enjoyed .

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    These little Love, Death & Robots episodes are pretty damn awesome! The animation styles are fantastic and stories are all fun as hell. Not to mention perfect length for my ridiculously short attention span Just watched Lucky 13 last night and man that was real, real cool! Good stuff!
    My niece finally got around to watching the first episode and she thought it was great. I told her just last night that I thought "Lucky 13" was very nearly as good. Another high point: "Alternate Histories".
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned this show, ohh, uhhhhh... 15 months ago!

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

My wife has been watching a Star Trek marathon on BBC America and they have occasional spots for Killing Eve season two. Every single one is outrageous.

Speaking of ST, I finally got around to watching ST: Discovery. Apparently, I'd only seen the first episode. It's much better than I thought it would be. Have started season 2 but with an F1 race, a Veep marathon, various other shows, a few movies, and Santa Clarita Diet screaming at me to start the new season, I'm not sure when I'll get back to it. And I still haven't gotten around to Bodyguard, The Tunnel, and Mr Robot. For once it feels like, "when it rains, it pours."

^ I don't know how you guys find the time to watch all this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I don't know how you guys find the time to watch all this stuff.
    I think my post shows I don't. lol

Plus, sort of like a speed reader, I'm a speed watcher.