Page 104 of 330 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Thanks for posting that interview. Great read!

Saw commercials for Whiskey Cavalier and thought I'd give it a shot since it looks like an action comedy. It stars Lauren Cohen, from The Walking Dead, and Scott Foley, who's also a producer. Foley is very likeable in it as a romantic and broken-hearted FBI agent. Cohen is great as a humorless and badass CIA agent. And she is pretty badass. So that's a real plus. I mean, who here wouldn't want to get their ass kicked by Lauren Cohen?

I liked it.

I also saw The Enemy Within the other day. I too looked forward to this show because of Jennifer Carpenter and watched the first episode. I turned it off less than 4 minutes into it. Dramas on cable, premium, and streaming networks have ruined the ones on the broadcast networks for me. I'm sure YMWV.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Miracle Workers - Steve Buscemi as a clueless God. Brilliant.

Proven Innocent - The chick from Under The Dome and Kelsey Grammer. Starts off good, see where it goes.

Project Blue Book is definitely full of it but still not bad.

Screw it, it's late, I got beer so I'm going to watch The Goldbergs and Schooled again. Kriss Kross, yo!

ETA: Those paintings where you had to "unfocus" your eyes, or whatever, to see what was actually there. I never did figure them out. Still drives me nuts.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 03-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I enjoyed this season of True Detective, I liked the ending, they kind of left it hanging when the son put the address in his pocket, he knew what is was. It was mainly about the relationship, and we didn't really get to know the bad guys all that much, other than the mother.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    ETA: Those paintings where you had to "unfocus" your eyes, or whatever, to see what was actually there. I never did figure them out. Still drives me nuts.
    They're called autostereograms. Ever heard the phrase "thousand yard stare" or "staring off into space"? That's how you see them. I always tell people to stare at the sky and then put one of those pictures in front of you without changing your focus. And the more you do it, the easier it becomes. That said, some are easier to see than others. Why? I don't know. I was looking for an easy one, just now, and saw one that took me between 30 & 60 seconds to be able to see. But here's one that should just pop out; it did for me:

Attachment 12769
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Saw commercials for Whiskey Cavalier and thought I'd give it a shot since it looks like an action comedy. It stars Lauren Cohen, from The Walking Dead, and Scott Foley, who's also a producer. Foley is very likeable in it as a romantic and broken-hearted FBI agent. Cohen is great as a humorless and badass CIA agent. And she is pretty badass. So that's a real plus. I mean, who here wouldn't want to get their ass kicked by Lauren Cohen?

I liked it.
    I'll have to check this out. It looked very cliched, to me. Like it was trying to mine the same territory as Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Miracle Workers - Steve Buscemi as a clueless God. Brilliant.

This looked pretty funny.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    But here's one that should just pop out; it did for me:
    That's the first time I was ever able to see one of those damned things, but not for lack of trying. This one took about a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It looked very cliched, to me.
    Yeah, the promos did nothing for me. I can never buy the whole tough chick thing anyway, and the promos made it look her whole interaction with him was one big front.

We watched Whiskey Cavalier and yeah, it does mimic the whole Castle vibe. My wife said, "this feels like something that's going to be a full season of will they or won't they. I'm out." Still, Lauren looks great all cleaned up as opposed to fighting zombies.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

There's a Joni Mitchell Tribute this weekend on PBS. Check you local listing.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Finally watched the end of Counterpart, quite satisfying wrap up, unfortunately there is unlikely to be a season 3. It was very hard to keep track of but I enjoyed it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'll have to check this out. It looked very cliched, to me. Like it was trying to mine the same territory as Castle.
    I never saw Castle, so I can't compare. It's the kind of show I don't think you're supposed to take seriously. Hell, the opening scene of the first episode is Foley sitting in the dark singing along to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as he cries over his fiancée breaking up with him.

Incidentally, the producers behind this show are Bill Lawrence (creator of Spin City, Scrubs, Cougar Town), Jeff Ingold (screenwriter/producer who's worked on Scrubs, The Office, Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, Community, Will & Grace), and Peter Atencio (director of Key & Peele).

Plus it's a spy show, so it's got that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    That's the first time I was ever able to see one of those damned things, but not for lack of trying. This one took about a minute.
    Ever since I figured out how to see them they've gotten easier. I think there's a kind of muscle memory to how your eyes react to them. If that makes sense. For instance, that one I posted I could see in about 2 seconds and I hadn't looked at an autostereogram in years.

Let's see if I can post. Been having problems of late.

The Polar Bear Family & Me on BBCA. First episode just aired and it's absolutely fascinating and cool as hell. Dude gets in a little reinforced protective cage and films a polar bear trying to eat him, trying desperately to get him out and then he starts following a family as it leaves the den. Gonna be really cool to see this one play out. It's a BBC nature doc and they have THE best track record in this area.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Anyone watch Part 1 of the Neverland thing on HBO? Highly disturbing even though we knew it was going to be bad.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm Sorry - Originally aired on TruTV, now running uncut on Netflix. Fkn hilarious. Reminds me of a female version of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Extremely non-PC. Season 2 is airing on TruTV as we speak, but I think I'll wait for it to show up commercial and censor free on good 'ol NF.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm Sorry looks funny as shit.

It's on the list now, Baby!

Started The Widow last night. I'm hooked.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Hmm...It's worth watching? I must admit that Kate looks stunning, but the premise didn't pull me in. May have to reconsider.

It's well done. Kept my interest enough to plough through the first three episodes without stopping.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm Sorry - Originally aired on TruTV, now running uncut on Netflix. Fkn hilarious. Reminds me of a female version of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Extremely non-PC. Season 2 is airing on TruTV as we speak, but I think I'll wait for it to show up commercial and censor free on good 'ol NF.
    well...your description has spiked my interest.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I'm Sorry looks funny as shit.

It's on the list now, Baby!
    Not sure how this all works on commercial TV as it's raunchy as hell. Creator/producer/writer/director/star Andrea Savage is pretty hot to boot
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Leaving Neverland. I'm sure all of you already know what this is about so I'll keep this brief.

I don't think there was any one thing in Part 1 that was particularly disturbing, rather it was more like it became a barrage of ugliness. I felt like my psyche needed a good shower afterward. In fact, I almost considered not watching Part 2. I'm glad I did, however.

My only complaint is that I felt the filmmaker should have included an interview with a psychologist to provide education and context. In fact, I urge anyone considering watching this documentary to first watch this brief Q&A segment with an expert on child sexual abuse; in fact, this was the psychologist who testified at the Bill Cosby trial: Dr Valliere on CBS This Morning

Leaving Neverland. I'm sure all of you already know what this is about so I'll keep this brief.

I don't think there was any one thing in Part 1 that was particularly disturbing, rather it was more like it became a barrage of ugliness. I felt like my psyche needed a good shower afterward. In fact, I almost considered not watching Part 2. I'm glad I did, however.

My only complaint is that I felt the filmmaker should have included an interview with a psychologist to provide education and context. In fact, I urge anyone considering watching this documentary to first watch this brief Q&A segment with an expert on child sexual abuse; in fact, this was the psychologist who testified at the Bill Cosby trial: Dr Valliere on CBS This Morning
    We watched Part One on Sunday. I recorded Part Two and the interviews with Orca last night - we need several showers before watching the second part. I really don't know how his fans can defend Jackson after this. His behavior was beyond reprehensible.

Interview with the director:

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/le...epage_taps_top

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Orca
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    I don't think I'll bother with part 2, I've seen enough. For years and years I never ever understood how people could worship such a slimy little twat that was obviously so mentally deranged and emotionally retarded. None of this is surprising. The only really new significant information in my view that he had total concioussness of guilt which makes it even worse. I'll listen to Charles Manson's album before anything by Micheal Fucking Jackson. But I never cared for that insanely overrated pablum anyway. To me it's like Ayn Rand (another mental patient), OK for the juvenile mind still somewhat bereft of cerebral development required to regulate these base impulses, but if you still see it as great art as an adult you have a problem. Genius my ass!