Page 102 of 328 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    NO! I'm still interested, but they better knock my socks off with the last two episodes.
    This last episode showed some plot movement, so I'm totally invested again.

I feel like I"m going to want to watch this again, to put together all of the little beans that were dropped throughout the different timelines.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    We've started re-watching Game of Thrones in anticipation of the final season starting April 14th.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at HBO, Richard Plepler:

“It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie."
    “[Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss] knew the bar was high. They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe."

Here's to Tyrion on the Iron Throne!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Has it? I've been waiting to watch it so I could binge on it. At this point, however, I'm losing interest.
    I am one episode behind right now, but I think it is kicking ass. As I have said before, Ali should win an Emmy for this. Everyone else in the cast is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    We've started re-watching Game of Thrones in anticipation of the final season starting April 14th.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at HBO, Richard Plepler:

“It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie."
    “[Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss] knew the bar was high. They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe."

Here's to Tyrion on the Iron Throne!
    I would love to see him win out in the end. Don't think it will happen, but would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Also started The Ted Bundy Tapes. I know I shouldn't be so fascinated by these types of shows , out of respect for the victims; but I can't enough!
    Yeah I hear ya. I get roped in as well. This Bundy series was very good. I remember all the media coverage from when I was a kid in the early 80's. Sick dude!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Has anyone watched the series "Kingdom?" Not a US series, but on Netflix as a "Netflix Original Series" (I'm not sure what that means these days). It's a Korean series based on some graphic novel or something, in the zombie genre but set in some ancient Korea. Just started the first episode but want to see if anyone here has watched it and what they thought. Sort of a zombie series combined with period drama.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Like Pride & Prejudice & Zombies?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Like Pride & Prejudice & Zombies?
    But in feudal Korea. Seems pretty good so far.

Meh. You know the zombies lose or else there wouldn't be any modern Korea!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Watched The Umbrella Academy today, looks like it'll be a hoot.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Watched The Umbrella Academy today, looks like it'll be a hoot.
    I just finished the series and I can say it will more than likely be Netflix's new "must binge" show, as popular as Stranger Things, maybe.
    I felt it was maybe a little slow in establishing its footing but once it got going, I couldn't stop watching.

I also finished The Kominsky Method last week. If Alan Arkin doesn't at least get nominated for an Emmy, I'll be surprised. He also has maybe the funniest character I've seen on TV in a long time.

Have also seen the first half of Oliver Stone's The Untold History of the United States. I highly recommend this show to those who like history.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Anybody see The Passage? Is it any good The novel was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Anybody see The Passage? Is it any good The novel was great.
    Watched the first episode, was underwhelmed. I have to convince my gf to watch more.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I found ep.1 of The Umbrella Academy interesting enough to keep going. Don't know yet if I'd compare it to Stranger Things in its efficacy for pulling people in.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Without spoilers, who do you think did it? We were talking about it last night. I feel like it's not anyone that we've already "met" on the show. Thoughts?
    I have no clue at this point. They have certainly made a good mystery out of this thing. I thought it was cool how they did the little tie in with season one last night too.

Umbrella academy... mwah. Not for me I guess.

A couple of specially gifted kids saves the planet. How original. The idea of a number of specially gifted kida all born at the same moment is taken directly from "midnights children".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have no clue at this point. They have certainly made a good mystery out of this thing. I thought it was cool how they did the little tie in with season one last night too.
    Yeah I thought that was cool too. It's a good mystery, but slow and too drawn out for me. This final episode better tie it all up with a bang or I'm gonna be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Umbrella academy... mwah. Not for me I guess.

A couple of specially gifted kids saves the planet. How original. The idea of a number of specially gifted kida all born at the same moment is taken directly from "midnights children".
    Yeah...more superheros? I'll pass on this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Don't know yet if I'd compare it to Stranger Things in its efficacy for pulling people in.
    I certainly wouldn't. In fact I said, "I felt it was maybe a little slow in establishing its footing..."
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I certainly wouldn't. In fact I said, "I felt it was maybe a little slow in establishing its footing..."
    And I did say "yet".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    And I did say "yet".
    True.

I just finished reading over a bunch of comments from the early reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I actually agree with some of the negative comments. I also agree with many of the positive ones, as well. And just to be clear, I'm not a fan of superhero shows/movies.

I suspect this first season is almost like a preface; to introduce the viewer to the dysfunctional characters and their respective gifts. Would I say the show is perfect? Definitely not. But neither was Stranger Things. Is TUA's first season as good as ST's? Not quite. But I felt ST's second season was a disappointment whereas if TUA continues, it has a lot of potential and think the second season will most certainly be better than ST's. I hope, anyway.

The Goldberg's and it's new spinoff Schooled. Spoofing the 80's and 90's in the most perfect way by basing everything off of real life. So damned cool.

ETA: I'd also like to add in the recent episode of L&O:SVU titled Part 33. Excellent moral dilemmas in this one.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 02-21-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Alrighty then, am I tripping or not.

The MASH theme song, are there different versions of it? I swear I'm not all messed up but I may be wrong. I get to hear this while my mom has her tv on and I'd swear there are two versions of this song, one that resolves high and one that resolves with a low note.

Maybe my mind is deceiving me, I don't know. Suicide is Painless.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Anyone catch the 2 hour 20 / 20 special on the Kalamazoo Uber Killer last night on ABC? It was very strange seeing places that I frequent all the time on TV for what this asshole did. One of the people he killed worked in my building. Anyway, the documentary was done very well, and I learned some things I did not know about the case.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Alrighty then, am I tripping or not.

The MASH theme song, are there different versions of it? I swear I'm not all messed up but I may be wrong. I get to hear this while my mom has her tv on and I'd swear there are two versions of this song, one that resolves high and one that resolves with a low note.

Maybe my mind is deceiving me, I don't know. Suicide is Painless.
    https://www.metv.com/lists/inside-th...de-is-painless The parts pertinent to your question are sections 8. and 9.