Thread: Necromonkey - The Storm (rehearsal video)

Necromonkey - The Storm (rehearsal video)

Hey hey,

I hope you all are having a great Friday.

On wednesday night we had our last rehearsal prior to our gig tonight at Fylkingen in Stockholm.

I had this idea that we should redo our set and play it only using Mellotrons, synths and drummachines just to investigate what it would be like.

We have put together a 30 minute set including new arrangements and new material.

Martin Gustafsson came by and filmed the last rehearsal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWqAutFsUHc

After this gig we will be returning to our regular programming but we have started mumbling about possibly recording this liveset for a future release.

Best regards,

Mattias Olsson

Very cool Mattias, yes I hope you release this gig as a future cd. Super sound my friend.

Nice! Much modularity. Bring it to the US, Please!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Nice! Much modularity. Bring it to the US, Please!
    Hmm...

There might be some logistical problems with that.

...but it looks like we will be recording a short album of the synth versions parallell to the ordinary album that we have been working on for a while.

After the gig me and David spoke about the material we had just played and realized that we didnt play anything from the second album....small rearranged parts from the first one and new material.

The Storm is already pretty much recorded and done for the fourth album (I think) with possible vocals by Stephan Crestani in french so it will be out probably next year if everything goes according to plan.

// Mattias

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Do you count the live album as the third album? Not that there's anything wrong with it!

But NEXT year?

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    Hmm...

There might be some logistical problems with that.

...but it looks like we will be recording a short album of the synth versions parallell to the ordinary album that we have been working on for a while.
    // Mattias
    How about a live stream of a gig? ( during waking hours in North America ( east coast anyhow ))
    I can dream, can't I.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    How about a live stream of a gig? ( during waking hours in North America ( east coast anyhow ))
    I can dream, can't I.
    It looks something like this...

#1 Necroplex (2013)

#2 A glimpse of possible endings (2014)

#3Live at Pianos, NYC (2014)

#4 Someone always dies in the end (studioalbum) (2015)

#5 Show me where it hertz, again and again (synthalbum) (2015)

#6 TBA (includes the studioversion of the track the Storm) (2016)

#7 TBA (2017)

#8 TBA (2018)

The main bulk of the material is already recorded for album #4, #6, #7, #8 but needs some work editing, overdubs and mixing.

We will start recording #5 on wednesday night. We hope to release #4 and #5 fairly short after each other.

// Mattias

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    And 2019?

JK. I can deal with that!!

Necromonkey puts the Hertz on my Nose

#1 Necroplex (2013)

#7 TBA (2017)

#8 TBA (2018)

The main bulk of the material is already recorded for album #4, #6, #7, #8 but needs some work editing, overdubs and mixing.

We will start recording #5 on wednesday night. We hope to release #4 and #5 fairly short after each other.

// Mattias
    Dang Mattias, you guys must be 24/7 there. Please keep it up, looking foward to hearing all the new material. Lots of coffee there ?!

#1 Necroplex (2013)

#7 TBA (2017)

#8 TBA (2018)

// Mattias
    Dang Mattias, you guys must be 24/7 there. Please keep it up, looking foward to hearing all the new material. Lots of coffee there ?!

I am in the studio pretty much every day....and then there is my notebook with the other ideas as well.

Anyways. On Wednesday we got started on the Hz album. Started with the first track in the set. Every dead indian of our first album Necroplex.

Sessions will continue next week....

// Mattias

I am in the studio pretty much every day....and then there is my notebook with the other ideas as well.

Anyways. On Wednesday we got started on the Hz album. Started with the first track in the set. Every dead indian of our first album Necroplex.

Sessions will continue next week....

// Mattias
    Thanks for the video Mattias, I and others look foward to hearing and seeing these. It's great to get an insider's view of the recording process and how your art developes there at Roth-Handle. Man you have some bag of tricks there !

Awesome! Every Dead Indian is one of my favorite Necromonkey tracks and live, it take on a life of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Awesome! Every Dead Indian is one of my favorite Necromonkey tracks and live, it take on a life of its own.
    Yep...And the track can really handle a beating too.

We have added a new section at the end so it sort of melts into a 6/8 part.

Its kind of odd as it is the first track we recorded as Necromonkey and its still with us but very different.

// Mattias

More modular love from last wednesdays session. Triggering an old german sound module with the modular system i the studio.

// Mattias

More modular love from last wednesdays session. Triggering an old german sound module with the modular system i the studio.

// Mattias
    Very cool sounds coming from vintage units, great sounds there.

And here is the basic starting point of it all the Modular system triggering drumsounds and syncing sequencers...old school. No samples and no computers.

And here is the basic starting point of it all the Modular system triggering drumsounds and syncing sequencers...old school. No samples and no computers.

Sounds great Mattias, thanks for the video, not a problem with old school.