Thread: The 2013 Vitamin Enhanced box set by the Ozrics..

The 2013 Vitamin Enhanced box set by the Ozrics..

I didn't catch the original box set and seeing that it was rereleased in 2013, it's more than a bit tempting to get that version instead, saving some money. My question is, do some of you have this new remastered version..and is it worth getting, soundwise? I hear there's great liner notes and that the whole package is improved. Any reviews would be most welcome
    Last edited by Hour Candle; 01-27-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    You might want to read this earlier thread. I've been tempted by this box too, but never pulled the trigger.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...tamin+enhanced

I have the original and I'm not sure if I have even listened to all six discs. I have only opened and listened to one disc of the remastered Kenso eleven disc box set. That was just the live one I had never heard.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    I didn't catch the original box set and seeing that it was rereleased in 2013, it's more than a bit tempting to get that version instead, saving some money. My question is, do some of you have this new remastered version..and is it worth getting, soundwise? I hear there's great liner notes and that the whole package is improved. Any reviews would be most welcome
    I bought it for myself as a Christmas present but haven't gotten through more than the first disk yet. But the notes are nicely done and thorough with lots of detail, scans and photos. The sound quality of the first disk is excellent, and considering it's the oldest recordings (and originally released on cassette only) I'm impressed.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Well worth the asking price.

nicely and thoughtfully packaged, and yes, each disc does sound noticeably better than the original.

The original was given to me in 1998. I hated the sound of the discs though. When the Snapper 2-fers showed up used and pretty cheap in my local record store I jumped on all 3 at once then traded the original dovetail's. I think the Snappers are far superior and I still have the box.

These double Snappers are better than the original box but not that good as the 2013 set. Went through all these three editions. The only disadvantage of the new ones is that they are slightly in the "loud" category.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Thanks alot all of you. Well, I really have nothing to lose, do I? Ordered it today!

Ed & Brandi certainly appreciate as many tactile sales as possible.... so it'd be nice to keep this thread alive for a while.
    Please take yer vitamins people... this box set is a bargain.