Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Yes/Toto-2015 Tour USA in August.

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    You were mocking an earlier post of mine.
    Call it mocking if you want, but I certainly didn't imply you weren't welcome to your opinion, or that you should give the band money.

Rough night in Brooklyn for Billy. Played the crap outta the bass, was high in the mix and no noticeable goofs (more than can be said for Mr Howe), but started singing too early in an early song (the singer got a big kick outta it), then later was so late on a pee break that the singer had to announce to the band they were "short a bass player", Billy re-appeared about 60 seconds later, then tripped when he got onto the stage.

One of those "mother told me there'd be days like these" deals no doubt.

When they played Atlantic City, Steve Howe did the between-song banter about "All Good People" and began the a cappella opening - and no one joined him!

It was pretty funny.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That's showbiz.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Rough night in Brooklyn for Billy. Played the crap outta the bass, was high in the mix and no noticeable goofs (more than can be said for Mr Howe), but started singing too early in an early song (the singer got a big kick outta it), then later was so late on a pee break that the singer had to announce to the band they were "short a bass player", Billy re-appeared about 60 seconds later, then tripped when he got onto the stage.

One of those "mother told me there'd be days like these" deals no doubt.
    Billy on Facebook:

"Show went really well last night except for the part when I went back on Steve's break… And didn't realize I had been back there too long LOL I've had nightmares where the band is calling me from the stage and I'm making thousands of people wait, I've had nightmares where I fall on stage in front of thousands of people. Last night I managed to pull off both of those nightmares in one swift moment coming back on stage and a mad panic LOL oh well such is life what are you going to do these things happen as they say… I woke up this morning hoping it would not be on YouTube but I'm sure it will LOL"

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Seems Steve and Geoff started playing 9 Voices to help cover Billy's blunder.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Seems Steve and Geoff started playing 9 Voices to help cover Billy's blunder.
    I didn't notice Geoff, but Steve mumbled something about Nine Voices while Jon was calling for Billy, and then he mumbled the first line while lightly strumming his lute-thing. I wish they had full-on played it.

When I was performing at Orion Studios in Baltimore in 2000 my bass, which didn't have strap locks, fell off me with a huge crash while I was talking to the audience. Very embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Billy on Facebook:

"Show went really well last night except for the part when I went back on Steve's break… And didn't realize I had been back there too long LOL I've had nightmares where the band is calling me from the stage and I'm making thousands of people wait, I've had nightmares where I fall on stage in front of thousands of people. Last night I managed to pull off both of those nightmares in one swift moment coming back on stage and a mad panic LOL oh well such is life what are you going to do these things happen as they say… I woke up this morning hoping it would not be on YouTube but I'm sure it will LOL"

Henry
    It makes me wonder-what happens when musicians have "bathroom" emergencies in the middle of a set or a song for that matter?

It seems like there is a story about Rick Wakeman having a bucket with him on stage during a Yes show.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    I didn't notice Geoff, but Steve mumbled something about Nine Voices while Jon was calling for Billy, and then he mumbled the first line while lightly strumming his lute-thing. I wish they had full-on played it.
    Howe played a version of it on his recent solo tour.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Howe played a version of it on his recent solo tour.

Henry
    Yes gets a lot of flak for their lack or preparation, etc., but this shows their professionalism and ability to adjust on the fly.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yes gets a lot of flak for their lack or preparation, etc., but this shows their professionalism and ability to adjust on the fly.
    If Billy had adjusted his fly quicker, Steve wouldn't have needed to cover in the first place.

If Billy had adjusted his fly quicker, Steve wouldn't have needed to cover in the first place.
    That stuff happens, though. Not every show is going to go as planned. The pros know how to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That stuff happens, though. Not every show is going to go as planned. The pros know how to adjust.
    Just a play on words; I agree with you.

All Steve had to do was start playing the intro to To Be Over on the Line 6 and he would have brought down the house.