Thread: ProgDay '95 CD Set Clearance Priced at CD Baby

ProgDay '95 CD Set Clearance Priced at CD Baby

I'm beginning to wind down my association with CD Baby, so sale price is limited to only what's in-stock.

http://www.cdbaby.com/AlbumDetails.a...umID=progday95

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/progday98

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/progday01

Peter

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Definitely worth having. Live Discipline, Echolyn, and the Timothy Pure is pretty good too.

Agreed. It is a very good album.

Echolyn fans should be all over this if they haven't heard this already.

Possibly their best live show I've heard from before the breakup. Ray sounds super pissed during Suite for the Everyman.

This is more from the same show from the live tracks on Where the Sweet Turns Sour, if my memory's right.

Also: There's 45 minutes of Discipline's show for those into that

Ordered. The first and only Progday I've been to. Echolyn did indeed give a mind blowing performance. But why is there no Mastermind? I seem to remember them giving a great performance as well.

Originally Bill Berends was very gung-ho for being on the '95 release...but by the time I was able to actually pull things together (summer of '97), the enthusiasm had waned. By that point I think he may have been in negotiations with InsideOut and may have felt this project might cause some issues. By the time I was doing the box set, Bill and Mastermind had essentially dropped off the prog radar. I also seem to recall Bill wanted more $$ than I was willing to fork over at the time.

I did have some communication with him a few years ago and sent him a DVD-R of the '95 performance. I was hoping he would share some of that footage on YouTube, but I don't think it's shown up yet. He has the master tapes from '95 - maybe someone should light a fire under his butt and have him release it since we're coming up on the 20th anniversary of the show.

Peter

Thanks for replying Peter. ProgDay '95 arrived today and I'm looking forward to hearing it! BTW Bill put out an excellent rock album about 2 years ago called "In My Dreams I Can Fly". Looks to be the last thing he has released.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Thanks for replying Peter. ProgDay '95 arrived today and I'm looking forward to hearing it! BTW Bill put out an excellent rock album about 2 years ago called "In My Dreams I Can Fly". Looks to be the last thing he has released.
    Yeah, should have mentioned that. BTW, that was a very well executed crowd funding project (see Anderson/Ponty thread ). A very good album!

Thanks for the recommendation for the ProgDay '95. I got to listen to everything but the Echolyn set in the car today. Very good CD so far - I can't wait to finish it.

I was really surprised by Timothy Pure. I never heard of them before, and now I want to hear more. Any recommendations on where to start?