Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apocolypse Is Coming, snow that is

I had snow flurries outside my window this morning. Winter's having it's (hopefully) last gasp over then next few days, it seems.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Trees in the Northeast are beginning to show buds and the initial opening of leaves this week after all the recent rain. I've seen the beginnings of hopeful people wearing shorts as the temps hit 60 on a regular basis. We are now in the "too cold in the morning without a jacket and too warm in the afternoon with one" period.

The Southeast is already suffering in the middle of their allergy season.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Trees in the Northeast are beginning to show buds and the initial opening of leaves this week after all the recent rain. I've seen the beginnings of hopeful people wearing shorts as the temps hit 60 on a regular basis. We are now in the "too cold in the morning without a jacket and too warm in the afternoon with one" period.

The Southeast is already suffering in the middle of their allergy season.
    It pushed 80 degrees on Saturday here. Fifty degrees colder today.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

So, here we are again. http://www.aol.com/article/2016/01/2...%3D-1477353603
    2 feet in D.C. A foot + on the ground already with more to come. High tides with the full moon going to wreak havoc along the coast. Just took a walk. Heavy snow, freezing rain, sleet blah, blah, blah. We've been spared so far this winter. Be safe everyone, it'll be 50 degrees by mid-week, let the flooding begin!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

We're going to wind up with at least 2 feet before all is said and done.

Fuck you, Winter

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

They're predicting 12-18 inches in the NYC metro area.We'll see.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Supposed to get anywhere from 6-18 inches here, depending on who you watch and how their ratings are faring.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    12 to 18 with 50mph winds in Boston
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    12 to 18 with 50mph winds in Boston
    Noooooo!!! That's all I can stands and I can't stands it no more. The winter has been rather bland this year, so I guess we have to get all of winter in one day.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

As far as I'm concerned, the storm has been a rousing success. Alternate side parking has already been canceled for tomorrow.

Now crossing my fingers that we don't get any actual snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the storm has been a rousing success. Alternate side parking has already been canceled for tomorrow.

Now crossing my fingers that we don't get any actual snow.
    It doesn't come into affect until 4/1 in Boston, Wednesday & Thursday will feature lots of street furniture reserving dug out spots so I'll probably not move my car for 3 days.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It doesn't come into affect until 4/1 in Boston, Wednesday & Thursday will feature lots of street furniture reserving dug out spots so I'll probably not move my car for 3 days.
    People try to reserve spots with furniture?

And this practice is observed by the general public?

This is a legendary practice in South Philly. It's not legal, but that's hardly an issue.

The city lets you do this for 48 hours after the snow storm at which time they'll remove anything still on the street. It can get very nasty at times particularly in South Boston where I live.

southie_nail_gun

fight-over-southie-parking-spot-ends-in-assault-charges
    Ian

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

City people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    City people.
    I don't get the eyeroll. Please explain?

He means that rural people would use bales of hay, not outdoor furniture and makeshift seating.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Only people in the city think that when they leave a parking spot, putting trash in the spot entitles them to reserve that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Only people in the city think that when they leave a parking spot, putting trash in the spot entitles them to reserve that spot.
    Oh, OK. Could be a regional thing - I've never seen it in my city. That's why I was incredulous that it was being observed by the general public.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Apparently it happens in the town I live in too, but not in the better parts, only where the townies live. Kind of weird since most of those houses have a driveway, but I guess those people also need a pickup truck too or something. Ian, you should be sitting in someone's chair when they pull up. "F you, I'm SITTING here!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ian, you should be sitting in someone's chair when they pull up. "F you, I'm SITTING here!"
    Even funnier

Ian

Seems to be turning to sleet here(Northeast Queens NYC).That will cut down on total accumulation if it keeps up.

Carry on.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Much ado about nothing, once again. These weather forecasters are overpaid.