Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: The Apocolypse Is Coming, snow that is

Did I just see someone talking up a 108 heat index? Bueller?

Got up to 98 in NYC yesterday.Same is forecast for today.Cold front is supposed to come through tonight to cool things off.So far Con Ed has kept the juice flowing.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Got up to 98 in NYC yesterday.Same is forecast for today.Cold front is supposed to come through tonight to cool things off.So far Con Ed has kept the juice flowing.
    We hit 98 in central Va. yesterday. Went to Marty Stuart / Steve Miller concert last night (outdoor venue). They moved the start time 1 hour so by the time everyone arrived the venue was mostly in the shade.. picked a great spot for our chairs and had a breeze all evening..

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Even though temps have been in the 90's all week, I picked up a brand new snow shovel at the Goodwill this week for $5. Gotta get em when you see em.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Did I just see someone talking up a 108 heat index? Bueller?
    It's all relative.......here, around 10% relative. Seriously though, that 108 heat index was only 1 day. Compare that to a 4 day weekend back east.

Here's the thing: the humidity east of the Rockies moderates temperatures, and limits them to the upper 90s during a heat wave. If all that humidity was to evaporate, it would *BE* 110, 115, 120 in places like NYC, Philly and DC during a heat wave. One way or the other, everyone feels the heat. I personally prefer the way in which my clothes aren't dripping with sweat when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Even though temps have been in the 90's all week, I picked up a brand new snow shovel at the Goodwill this week for $5. Gotta get em when you see em.
    Every winter jacket I've purchased since the late '80s has been purchased in the spring, when I got a smokin' deal on them.
    Last edited by progmatist; 07-21-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama