Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Genesis Live Lamb from Archive 1...?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1421914688

Here's your link to Ms. Lilith. Feast your eyes & ears.
    Someone needs to do this for all 40 years of Rush.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Can anyone tell me/us exactly where Peter and Steve added their redux's please?
    I have not heard of this at all.
    What is it exactly, a new pressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    And the version of the story I heard has it that the crowd noise itself is from a bullfight.
    I believe the guy who produced Lou Reed's Rock N Roll Animal said that the crowd noise on that album was dubbed in from a John Denver concert RCA had in the vaults. Whether he meant that literally, or he just pulled the name out of thin air as a means of demonstrating that the crowd noise came from a different source than the show itself, I'm not sure. But I do remember he said that someone "almost knocked over the multi-track machine in the remote truck" and in doing so disabled the audience mics. So when they went back to listen to the tapes, there was no crowd noise at all on the recording!

Quote Originally Posted by member View Post
    I have not heard of this at all.
    What is it exactly, a new pressing?
    It was a boxset, released in 1998.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Listening to disc 2....The Lamb. Man, I really dig PGs "mature" voice on this. Hackett's solo in The Lamia is killer too.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Listening to disc 2....The Lamb. Man, I really dig PGs "mature" voice on this. Hackett's solo in The Lamia is killer too.
    Yeah man! I loved that whole box set really. An excellent collection of discs.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

LOL .... old thread.

Despite all the excoriation, this is a recording I continue to play regularly. I'll take pristine sound quality with vocal overdubs over a dodgy soundboard every time. Interesting that the subsequent release of the full Rainbow 1973 removed many of the vocal overdubs used on a subset of that same source material in Archive 1. Would be nice to see a similar more faithful re-release of the Shrine Lamb .... or better yet, a release of the Empire Pool show.