Thread: The Enid needs help

Orcopian
    Yeh I saw the clip on YouTube , initially I felt like I really needed to help them but then thinking back rjg seems to attract these sorts of situations through a lack of judgement and being stuborn and I'd suggest enjoying the fight? The bjh trial didn't achieve a whole lot to the rest of the world but I guess cost lots of billable hours for the legal teams were generated. Same scenario here, all this will achieve is to pay a terms school fees for a wealthy barrister. Still I will probably buy a few of the newer CDs to help them out and I'm planning to go see them on tour next month. I do admire the way they have pushed on and reestablished themselves and have put out some excellent music like indicta. I wasn't convinced by vocals on the old material but it works just fine on the newer stuff.

I'm going to purchase several of their new cd's and just for the record..my God...Jesus H!..a band like The Enid has to go through this? Really? As unique and precious as the Enid are, they really have to put up with garbage like this? Excuse me, but Really? Is the big dollar bill so important that it rules over the rarest and most original/inventive bands in the world? It's such a letdown to realize that the garbage music business which circulates it's criminal mentality on mainstream commercial artists...also creates problems for musicians who create true art. I hate the fact that being contrived has nothing to do with it. With all due respect, contrived sell outs SHOULD expect to be dealing with lawsuits and certainly NOT...The Enid. This is ridiculous and very moronic. It's completely ignorant to any art form, (if any), existing today. Excuse me for over reacting..but I can't believe what I just read. There are but a handful of Prog bands in the world who are as unique as The Enid, but I suppose money will destroy that too.

Seems very similar to the situation Grand Funk Railroad went through with their manager. You would think that as a people we would have evolved more in those intermediate decades.
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
    Seems very similar to the situation Grand Funk Railroad went through with their manager. You would think that as a people we would have evolved more in those intermediate decades.
    Bacteria may evolve over decades. Recent studies suggest a human population can change in as little as a hundred years.
    Check back around 2060.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've decided I'm going to help The Enid:

Sending positive thoughts their way...

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    Yeh I saw the clip on YouTube , initially I felt like I really needed to help them but then thinking back rjg seems to attract these sorts of situations through a lack of judgement and being stuborn and I'd suggest enjoying the fight? The bjh trial didn't achieve a whole lot to the rest of the world but I guess cost lots of billable hours for the legal teams were generated. Same scenario here, all this will achieve is to pay a terms school fees for a wealthy barrister. Still I will probably buy a few of the newer CDs to help them out and I'm planning to go see them on tour next month. I do admire the way they have pushed on and reestablished themselves and have put out some excellent music like indicta. I wasn't convinced by vocals on the old material but it works just fine on the newer stuff.
    This BJH trial in question, as I'm sure you know, is said to have had a devastating impact on the late Stuart 'Woolly' Wolstenholme's health.

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    This BJH trial in question, as I'm sure you know, is said to have had a devastating impact on the late Stuart 'Woolly' Wolstenholme's health.
    No I hadn't realised that, if so it's an even bigger tragedy than the position the Enid find themselves in now. such a shame that such an outcome resulted from a fairly pointless ( to the outside world) legal action.