Thread: Strattman : Lie Of The Beholder

Strattman : Lie Of The Beholder

This was a surprise.

This is a solo effort by the guitarist from Little Atlas - but it doesn't come across as the typical single-dimensional solo project - partly because he recruits 2 of the Little Atlas band members to back him up, partly because of Nick D'Virgilio's drumming, and partly because it seems Roy Strattman is a pretty good all-round musician.

If I have one critique, it's that I was hoping for at least one or two guitar rip-roaring guitar solos. (The guy has the chops - I've seen him deliver them on-stage.)

Nevertheless, it's a very nicely composed, approachable, yet intelligent body of work that deserves attention.

See here for a few reviews: http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ntent&id=16113

Regards,

Duncan

This is a superb album. If you like the musicianship of Little Atlas, even though Strattman is definitely not a LA album, the album actually features the entire Little Atlas band (Steve Katsikas/keys, Roy Strattman/guitar & lead vox, Rik Bigai/bass, and Mike (last name escapes me)/drums, who took over when Diego Pocovi left, as well as a 2nd guitarist.

They play Rosfest 2015.
    Last edited by progeezer; 01-19-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Picked this up a few months ago. It's a great release. Not LA redux in the least. Stratton have their own identity and I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing them at Rosfest.

Crickets...

It's a good rekkid, which definitely deserves a listen...
    Regards,

Duncan

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    A great album. On par - if not better - than the latest Little Atlas-album. And his voice is really good too, which makes me think why Little Atlas does not use his voice more often, so that this bands gets a little bit more variation. That, or change the name to Barclay Atlas Harvest, or something like that

In an alternative universe this could have been the album that Porcupine Tree made after Deadwing. So if you like In Abstentia or Deadwing era Porcupine Tree you will certainly like this album.

I bought this CD, too. I am really enjoying it, so far. NDV can do no wrong in my eyes . Now I am curious about the Little Atlas albums. Can anyone point me in the right direction with them? Looking forward to the Rosfest 2015 performance!

Library Jon

Jon - Start with LA's most recent album "Automatic Day" and work backwards if it resonates w/you. The album before "Automatic" is "Hollow".

One of my favorite bands, and I was a big fan long before the other Steve K(atsikas) & his wife met Kay & I and we became good friends.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman