Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PoiL - Dins o Cuol

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Oh I have tried.When I thought it's gone,im already failed.I hate this as much as everyone.sniff
    Alright then; perhaps you should consider deleting the comments in question. The rant was so beyond-the-top-of-absurd that I hardly think anyone's feelings were possibly hurt, yet I can certainly see the grounds for embarassment. You have my sympathies...

(btw, that latest glass there contained non-alcoholic beverage).
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Does PoiL stand for something, or is the L capitalized for no good reason?

poil (pronounced "pwahhl") is "hair" in French.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Alright then; perhaps you should consider deleting the comments in question. The rant was so beyond-the-top-of-absurd that I hardly think anyone's feelings were possibly hurt, yet I can certainly see the grounds for embarassment. You have my sympathies...

(btw, that latest glass there contained non-alcoholic beverage).
    Cheers and thanks Scrotch.Apologies for Frank and everyone,community and whole universe.I try to delete posts tomorrow.How can grown man be this stupid is beyond me.

chalkpie
    Cheers and thanks Scrotch.Apologies for Frank and everyone,community and whole universe.I try to delete posts tomorrow.How can grown man be this stupid is beyond me.
    Don't sweat it bro - we're all good and groovy here. You need to try a lot harder than that to offend me - trust me

That 3rd page is pretty out there though. It could go down in history as one of the stranger series of posts in PE! Like Scrotum said - it fits for a PoiL thread.

BTW, still spinning "Dins o Cuol" in the car this morning. I even like the production - you can crank this thing and it doesn't make your ears bleed. Lovely stuff. Can't wait for the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Don't sweat it bro - we're all good and groovy here. You need to try a lot harder than that to offend me - trust me

That 3rd page is pretty out there though. It could go down in history as one of the stranger series of posts in PE! Like Scrotum said - it fits for a PoiL thread.

BTW, still spinning "Dins o Cuol" in the car this morning. I even like the production - you can crank this thing and it doesn't make your ears bleed. Lovely stuff. Can't wait for the new one.
    Thanks Frank! You are great guy.I come to thought,if the band PoiL reads the thread.What would they think ?

Thanks Frank! You are great guy.I come to thought,if the band PoiL reads the thread.What would they think ?
    Oh, they'd make a concept album out of it.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

amazing band! I've saw them live a couple of times now, and their live shows are indeed terrific. Lots of punkish energy, i like that. Definitely recomended if they come near your area! I actually expected to be less likely to listen over and over again their studio albums, but that was not the case, and that's good!

Quote Originally Posted by ske View Post
    I actually expected to be less likely to listen over and over again their studio albums, but that was not the case, and that's good!
    I had the exact same experience. With stuff like Mr. Bungle and Fantõmas or SGM I can usually only take in a few songs at a time, but for some strange reason I am *NOT* able to turn off Brossaklitt. There's something inescapably groovy and soothing to their way of thinking and arranging, rendering their music wildly addictive despite the extreme intricacies at play.

i know what you mean. To me SGM was an acquired taste as well. Their live in germany some years ago hooked me instantly. Still cannot digest Mr Bungle or Fantomas, yet. I guess that will change when i see them live?

Still cannot digest Mr Bungle or Fantomas, yet. I guess that will change when i see them live?
    Well, Bungle are long gone (and lamented) while Fantômas apparently are on a lengthy hiatus, so you'll have to settle for other stuff - like those zany Frenchmen Sebkha-Chott, for instance. I find myself being more than happy with a band like PoiL up and going, so I'll try to catch them on nearest occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    poil (pronounced "pwahhl") is "hair" in French.
    I would pronounce it pwahhl if it didn't have that capital L at the end which means it's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I would pronounce it pwahhl if it didn't have that capital L at the end which means it's something else.
    Yeah? How do you pronounce '*Frost' ?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Yeah? How do you pronounce '*Frost' ?
    Good question! But it's still Frost even without that little picture of an anus at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But it's still Frost even without that little picture of an anus at the end.
    I actually tried listening to that band's entire first album on YT last night, and the reference to an anus came rather instinctively.

chalkpie
    This is from their first album - its the first movement of Ravel's Gaspard de La Nuit called "Ondine"!!!!

Beautiful!! I'm a huge Ravel fanatic and I have always loved this piece (I even named the first track on the CA album after it). I love these guys even more now.

http://poil.bandcamp.com/track/ondine-ravel-arr-g-meier

chalkpie
    HA! Probably not too far from the truth......

chalkpie
    i know what you mean. To me SGM was an acquired taste as well. Their live in germany some years ago hooked me instantly. Still cannot digest Mr Bungle or Fantomas, yet. I guess that will change when i see them live?
    You really can't stomach MB's California? What's not to like? That album is SOOOooooo great on so many levels. Try it again man - please.

California is what I would call a masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    California is what I would call a masterpiece
    I generally agree that it's a miraculous achievement to render such obtusely demanding and challenging music this accessible. I've listened quite a lot to California lately, and it undoubtedly makes for a landmark record.

Please enlighten me - what is "MB's California" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Please enlighten me - what is "MB's California" ?
    The third and final Mr. Bungle-album.

Thanks

Page #3 should be supplied with a "Sticky Tab".