Thread: Mac owners: OS Yosemite

Mac owners: OS Yosemite

Just bought a MAC i5 last week. It did not come with OS Yosemite though I was immediately prompted that it was available as a download. I have yet to do so because I read on the Net that some people has issued with it, most notably regarding iPhoto, a program I plan to use a lot.

Any of you MAC users operating on Yosemite? Are you experiencing any problems with any apps because of it? Are my fears unfounded or am I better off staying with Maverick for the time being.

I know I could look this stuff up but I'll probably get a bunch of conflicting info out on the Web.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Yosemite hasn't given me any problems at all other than a Youtube issue with Safari, but my main browser is Firefox where there's no issues. I use iPhoto a lot too. And for the most part, any bugs with Apple upgrades are usually fixed very quickly. In my opinion, I'd say download with no worries. Maybe you want some other opinions though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Double-check all app compatibility before doing so.

I run Adobe apps, like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Any time a new OS gets released, there are issues that eventually get resolved. There's a site out there somewhere that has a compatibility chart for the Adobe products.

I'm actually still running Snow Leopard, because I just haven't had the dire need to upgrade. I will likely do so, relatively soon.

Safari has been a pain for a while. There are several incompatibilities and I'd like to see Apple get up to speed. I don't have problems with YouTube videos, but I did notice that videos posted on Yahoo don't run. (Although I never use Yahoo.) There are also issues with some online apps, like WordPress or some mailing services, where things get hung up uploading images and files. I pretty much use FireFox all the time. Especially for those apps.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I decided to just upgrade and damn the torpedoes! As soon as I was done, I had 7 app upgrades waiting for me, including iPhoto. Everything seems to be working well.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-