Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audiophile tip - Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    But there's NO MELLOTRON is there?
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Still waiting for this to arrive from across the water.

Played this whole thing tonight and it certainly is better than I would have ever expected were it not for the discussion here. The replica 1974 Tour Program and the Magazine are absolutely great. I read through most of the magazine and found it a really enjoyable read. I'm not an absolute diehard but there were things in there I had never heard.

Sonically, this is the way music can still be done. Dynamic and powerful. Really easy on the ears and begs to be turned up, not down. If I have any complaints they would be minor. I didn't find the guitar work to be all that fitting as it kind of stood out amongst an otherwise vintage approach. Wakeman uses plenty of great sounds here, but don't expect 1974. He pulls out a sound or two where the digital has taken over a bit much for me. Noteably the electric piano intro to "The Journey" sounds a little DX7ey for lack of a better way of putting it. But this has plenty of 70s-styled keys on it to please just about any old school Wakeman fan, I should think.

Overall this is a very successful release, IMO.

Whaappen? Link no longer works! Has Lasers Edge run out of copies??? I need to order two more as gifts. I really enjoyed this Fan Pack. thaanks PE, this Forum is sucking my wallet dry!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

My only complaint about the package - and it's minor, is that I wish the magazine had included a reproduction of the art work from the LPs booklet. It was very ornate for the time, and part of the whole event of the album IMO.

Still, that's not enough of a problem to make me critical of a really well done piece of work.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

More copies on the way....

Wakeman was talking about doing a live dvd of Journey, as he did with Six Wives, but I haven't heard of anything actually happening yet.