Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Surviving Grateful Dead Members Reuniting for One Last Trip

Streaming live from Wheatland, CA-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by zumacraig View Post
    Y. I think the first Other Ones tour in 98 was probably the best we're gonna get. That and the Terrapin Station fest in 2002 (?).
    I haven't heard either, but again, I thought the show I saw in 2003 was awesome. They played St. Stephen, The Eleven, and Born Cross Eyed, songs I never thought I'd get to hear live. During the intermission, Robert Hunter came out and did a solo set, ending with Ripple, which again I never thought I'd get to hear live. So those made that really memorable. As I understand it, some of the other shows on that tour, they were also doing Weather Report Suite, New Potato Caboose, and/or the complete That's It For The Other One suite. Would have been nice to have had those, but Hunter making eye contact with me (I was in the third row, and he looked down and I could tell he could see me singing along) as he sang the first verse of Ripple made for one of my all time favorite concert memories, so no complaints from me about the setlist I got.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I haven't heard either, but again, I thought the show I saw in 2003 was awesome. They played St. Stephen, The Eleven, and Born Cross Eyed, songs I never thought I'd get to hear live. During the intermission, Robert Hunter came out and did a solo set, ending with Ripple, which again I never thought I'd get to hear live. So those made that really memorable. As I understand it, some of the other shows on that tour, they were also doing Weather Report Suite, New Potato Caboose, and/or the complete That's It For The Other One suite. Would have been nice to have had those, but Hunter making eye contact with me (I was in the third row, and he looked down and I could tell he could see me singing along) as he sang the first verse of Ripple made for one of my all time favorite concert memories, so no complaints from me about the setlist I got.
    I'm sure there are Other Ones shows on archive.org. I think I saw a few shows in '03. I know I saw Dylan open one and one with Jimmy Herring. After Jerry, it was very fun seeing songs the Dead would never do again. I think Furthur did a good job of this. Hell, they played Blues For Allah! Having actually seen the Dead so many times, it's just never been the same and I've only had an ancillary interest. I'm sad the boys didn't find another guitarist that they stuck with over the years and maintained some moment, growth and writing of new music. This may happen with Mayer.

My favorite Dead-related thing these days is Dark Star Orchestra. Zero hassle, music played to perfection depending on the era etc. So fun!

Streaming live from Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA here-

Final show of tour. (Setbreak now)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

http://www.deadandcompany.com/

2017 Summer tour -

May 27 – Las Vegas, Nev., MGM Grand Garden Arena
    May 28 – Phoenix, Ariz., Ak-Chin Pavilion
    May 31 – Los Angeles, Calif., Hollywood Bowl
    June 3 – Mountain View, Calif., Shoreline Amphitheatre
    June 4 – Mountain View, Calif., Shoreline Amphitheatre
    June 7 – Salt Lake City, Utah, Usana Amphitheatre
    June 9 – Boulder, Colo., Folsom Field
    June 10 – Boulder, Colo., Folsom Field
    June 13 – Atlanta, Ga., Lakewood Amphitheatre
    June 15 – Burgettstown, Pa., KeyBank Pavilion
    June 17 – Boston, Mass., Fenway Park
    June 18 – Boston, Mass., Fenway Park
    June 20 – Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Saratoga Performing Arts Center
    June 22 – Bristow, Va., Jiffy Lube Live
    June 24 – New York, N.Y., Citi Field
    June 25 – Camden, N.J., BB&T Pavilion
    June 28 – Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Blossom Music Center
    June 30 – Chicago, Ill., Wrigley Field
    July 1 – Chicago, Ill., Wrigley Field

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    > June 24 – New York, N.Y., Citi Field

This should satisfy all those Queens Dead fans!

Bob Weir & Phil Lesh Duo 2018 Spring Tour
    http://bobbyandphil.com (Going live tomorrow 12/11/17)

March 2 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 3 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 7 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 8 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 10 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    March 11 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bo...-duo-tour-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Bob Weir & Phil Lesh Duo 2018 Spring Tour
    http://bobbyandphil.com (Going live tomorrow 12/11/17)

March 2 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 3 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 7 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 8 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 10 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    March 11 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bo...-duo-tour-2018
    Pass

Bob & Phil streaming live from RCMH, opening night of tour-
    http://mixlr.com/diane-andrea/

RCMH N2 video stream- https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7GVKFbLvQUY

Second set just started, Trey sitting in.