Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Surviving Grateful Dead Members Reuniting for One Last Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I remember when Diana Ross presented NYC with her "gift" of a free show in the 80's in Central Park

The results were not pretty!

BG
    Didn't it wasn't there like a total and complete pissing down rainstorm during the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Winning bid:
    US $11,300

C'mon you Deadheads, charge your credit cards.
    Time to buy 3-days worth of hippy nostalgia...
    My credit card has $2,100 limit, so no dice for me.

The Grateful Dead's Fare Thee Well show has sold out in minutes, but Deadheads with deep pockets are still in with a chance. Stubhub is offering tickets for the three-day show with a top-price at $116,000 (and change), down to the "cheap-seats" at a touch under $1,350. According to various news outlets, a million dollar ticket was posted on Stubhub, the largest secondary ticket marketplace, but that the offer is no longer online.
    Still alive and well...

Where are the deadheads going to get that kind of money? Oh right, selling drugs. Duh.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    What a clusterfuck! Turns out that old Acidheads, Ticketbastard, Stubhub, and Chicago corruption don't combine for a happy farewell concert.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Not the Grateful Dead
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

First $pawned $how announced; "Dear Jerry"-
    Dear Jerry: Celebrating the Music of Jerry Garcia

Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann's Billy & the Kids, Bob Weir, Bruce Hornsby, Buddy Miller, David Grisman, Eric Church, Greensky Bluegrass, Jimmy Cliff, Jorma Kaukonen, Los Lobos, moe., O.A.R., Railroad Earth, The Disco Biscuits, Trampled by Turtles, Widespread Panic, Yonder Mountain String Band, Communion Ft. Phil Lesh, Stu Allen, Grahame Lesh, Ross James, Alex Koford, Jason Crosby

Thursday May 14, 2015 @ Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland.

They'll be more $uch a$ thi$.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    First $pawned $how announced; "Dear Jerry"-
    Dear Jerry: Celebrating the Music of Jerry Garcia

Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann's Billy & the Kids, Bob Weir, Bruce Hornsby, Buddy Miller, David Grisman, Eric Church, Greensky Bluegrass, Jimmy Cliff, Jorma Kaukonen, Los Lobos, moe., O.A.R., Railroad Earth, The Disco Biscuits, Trampled by Turtles, Widespread Panic, Yonder Mountain String Band, Communion Ft. Phil Lesh, Stu Allen, Grahame Lesh, Ross James, Alex Koford, Jason Crosby

Thursday May 14, 2015 @ Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland.

They'll be more $uch a$ thi$.
    They've been doing that for years. Here's a listing for Jerry's Birthday Bash 2012: http://www.jambase.com/Festivals/Fes...estivalId=8744

Google those 3 words and see how much comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Where are the deadheads going to get that kind of money? Oh right, selling drugs. Duh.
    Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They've been doing that for years. Here's a listing for Jerry's Birthday Bash 2012: http://www.jambase.com/Festivals/Fes...estivalId=8744

Google those 3 words and see how much comes up.
    I do know other celebrations of Jerry's music has happened in the past, but not at this level nor at this type of large venue. Compare the line-ups and ticket price$. And again, due to the overwhelming response, the promoters will be adding more types of Dead/Jerry related shows leading up to GD50; prolly gonna be a NYC show and a San Fran concert too..
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Anybody going to Santa Clara this weekend? There was a re-release today for tickets, including floors, pits and great seats from TM. For those that just want to get in the stadium, tix on stubhub can be had for under $18-. I'll prolly catch a stream/webcast due to work. And living across the country...

I am doing the webcast for all 5 shows.

They should have announced Santa Clara first as everybody put all their money into Chicago.

SET 1 Truckin’, Uncle John’s Band, Alligator > Cumberland Blues, Born Cross Eyed, Cream Puff War (Trey singing), Viola Lee Blues

SET 2 Cryptical> Dark Star> St. Stephen> The Eleven> Lovelight> Drums> What’s Become of the Baby> Space> Other One> Morning Dew

E. Casey Jones (Hornsby singing)

**Epic 2 hour, 20 minute second set.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    What’s Become of the Baby
    You have got to be shitting me.

Last nights show was so awesome!

Fucking killer from note 1!

Banned
    There is a special about Bob Weir on HBO or HBO2GO that is really great.

First set nearly over -

http://m.ustream.tv/channel/phish-1-1-15

********* SPOILERS **** SET LIST LEAKED ******** SPOILERS **********

SET 1 Feel Like a Stranger, New New Minglewood Blues, Brown Eyed Woman (Trey Singing), Loose Lucy, Loser (Bruce Singing), Row Jimmy, Alabama Getaway (Trey Singing), Black Peter, Hell In A Bucket

SET 2 Half Step, Mississippi Uptown, Wharf Rat, Space >Eyes of the World, He’s Gone, Drums> Other One, Death Don’t Have No Mercy, Sugar Magnolia

Encore Broke Down Palace

Edit - I Need A Miracle played where Other One was listed; didn't expect them to play the same tune both nights anyway, but this "leaker" had everything else & the first night correct so who knew?!
    Last edited by Obscured; 06-29-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Going to see the last show at the cinema in the UK next Monday, looking forward to it!

First show was better than the second.

Looking forward to the Chicago setlist.....hopefully I don't see it advance like I did yesterday (not here though).

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    There is a special about Bob Weir on HBO or HBO2GO that is really great.
    I'll second that!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Kelman, are you going for the set of all these live shows on CD, Blu Ray, etc? How do you think these shows will be? I really have no idea.

I've spent some time with Bob--though I haven't seen him since shortly after his first child was born. But we've shared dinner, and I think that documentary is really good--it captures him, as a thoughtful, somewhat spacy, but overall pretty humble guy, and one who really loved Jerry, especially. Wendy, his sister, is a good friend. When I was younger, catching Dead shows on the East coast, my friends and I used to make fun of Bobby, the "Lady's man," and his rock-n-roll posturing. But as I've gotten older, and hopefully wiser, I've grown fond of that stuff, as well. And I'll tell ya, no one plays "rhythm guitar" the way he does....it's a very unique thing, and part of the Dead's sound, for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I've spent some time with Bob--though I haven't seen him since shortly after his first child was born. But we've shared dinner, and I think that documentary is really good--it captures him, as a thoughtful, somewhat spacy, but overall pretty humble guy, and one who really loved Jerry, especially. Wendy, his sister, is a good friend. When I was younger, catching Dead shows on the East coast, my friends and I used to make fun of Bobby, the "Lady's man," and his rock-n-roll posturing. But as I've gotten older, and hopefully wiser, I've grown fond of that stuff, as well. And I'll tell ya, no one plays "rhythm guitar" the way he does....it's a very unique thing, and part of the Dead's sound, for sure.
    I really liked his "spacey" ness, it was cool, but not hipster, if you know what I mean. There is a art to speaking like he does. Dealing with difficult questions for which the answers are out there. I'll never forget seeing the Dead on New Year's Eve 87-88 on a national simulcast live. The stage lights were white light, but electronic psychedelic video effects were superimposed on the band. Wow! I recorded it on Superbeta, but my machine crapped out since then. I need to convert the video to DVD.